Dressing Up During The Day for Halloween

Unity

Earning My Ears
A sincere question:

I know for adults, dressing up isn't allowed 90% of the time. Disney bounding is a-go, but not dressing up - unless it's for Halloween. However, is this strictly only for the after event activites?

I'd love to be able to dress up one day if our vacation happens to land in late October, but I'm pretty sure I'd be the only one in my family pulling to go to the Halloween after event, and therefore was wondering if there was another option.

There are plenty of people who don’t dress up for MNSSHP if that’s part of the reason your family doesn’t want to do the event. It’s my absolute favorite “party” Disney puts on.

It depends on what you mean by "dressing up" - do you mean full out costume? If you have something in mind, let us know and we can probably tell you if it's allowed. I feel like people really walk the line on bounding/costuming, quite honestly, especially in October. If you are walking around trying to replicate a Disney character during non-party hours, it's not allowed.

It depends on what you mean by "dressing up" - do you mean full out costume? If you have something in mind, let us know and we can probably tell you if it's allowed. I feel like people really walk the line on bounding/costuming, quite honestly, especially in October. If you are walking around trying to replicate a Disney character during non-party hours, it's not allowed.
Please ensure discussion is following what is stated on Disney's website. We are not here to judge if something is allowed or not.

Last edited:
There are plenty of people who don’t dress up for MNSSHP if that’s part of the reason your family doesn’t want to do the event. It’s my absolute favorite “party” Disney puts on.
It is more because of the cost. It looks like an amazing party but the cost of the add-ons are quite high. I think my family would love to experience it otherwise.

No. Those age of 14 and over are not permitted to wear costumes except at ticketed events like MNSSHP. Adults are not permitted to dress in costume until party guests are permitted to enter the park at 4PM.

From the Disney website:

View attachment 837448

Disney Bounding is permitted but not dressing in costume.
Thought so! Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter