Dress code for MDRs?

MalvernPa

Earning My Ears
Is there a dress code for the MDRs? Can men wear shorts for dinner? We are packing for our up coming Mexican Riviera cruise. Thanks.

If you are comfortable in your clothing choices, even if others are dressed up, you do you! (I think there are some “rules” about men in tank tops).

Cruising has gotten more casual for a lot of people.

It is pretty much dress as you want, as long as it is not a bathing suit or similar style clothing. You will see people dressed anywhere from formal wear to shorts and a t-shirt and the same when it is formal or semi-formal night. My suggestion is to dress in what makes you feel comfortable.

Psy

It is pretty much dress as you want, as long as it is not a bathing suit or similar style clothing. You will see people dressed anywhere from formal wear to shorts and a t-shirt and the same when it is formal or semi-formal night. My suggestion is to dress in what makes you feel comfortable.

Psy
I see your future cruise is a Mexican Riviera cruise, 04/21/2024? We are on this cruise too.

Here's the DCL help center FAQ link! Basically what everyone above said. I think the MDR can get a little chilly, so I'm of the jean over shorts camp for dinner. My husband will likely be wearing jeans and a Disney-themed short sleeved button down each night!

See you soon in San Diego on Sunday, MalvernPa and PsylockSmythe! :stitch:

FWIW we didn't have anything for pirate night but found cute Mickey Pirate t-shirts in one of the gift shops. I think it was either on the Fantasy or the Wonder -- long time ago.

I see your future cruise is a Mexican Riviera cruise, 04/21/2024? We are on this cruise too.
Nice. If we have the same dining rotation, I'll be the one that wakes in wearing shorts and either polo or t-shirt and SDSU baseball cap that I'll end up taking off once seated :)

Psy

Nice. If we have the same dining rotation, I'll be the one that wakes in wearing shorts and either polo or t-shirt and SDSU baseball cap that I'll end up taking off once seated :)

Psy
Unfortunately, we have late sitting. Ugh. Being from the east coast, that is going to be a challenge. We are flying in on Saturday, staying at the Intercontinental the night before. We have an 11:30 PAT.

Unfortunately, we have late sitting. Ugh. Being from the east coast, that is going to be a challenge. We are flying in on Saturday, staying at the Intercontinental the night before. We have an 11:30 PAT.
We are also from the east coast (Carolina's) but lucked out and was able to get first seating. My wife has trouble if she eats what she calls real food after 7pm. So late seating doesn't work well for her. We had that on our first cruise back in 2011 and after dinner, she would head back to the cabin and fall asleep.

We fly in on Friday and spend a few days with my parents before and after the cruise.

Psy

Psy
Thanks for taking off the ball cap, I’ve seen way too many wear them through dinner, men and women.

Thanks for taking off the ball cap, I’ve seen way too many wear them through dinner, men and women.
I'm normally in a ball cap, anytime I'm not at home or at work (though I did wear it at work last year before SDSU played UConn for the title), but when we go out for dinner, I do try and take it off if we are in a sit-down restaurant and I have room somewhere to place it at the table or booth.

Psy

I’m a woman. I lost the hair on the top of my head from radiation treatment so I have sort of an off center friar tuck . I did my first cruise last November on the fantasy. I brought a sun hat, Red Mickey hat , Ginger bread Mickey Ears hat, a black flat hat for formal night. I wore all but the sun hat during dinner on the ship. I don’t think my hat wearing or anyone else wearing a hat affects your dining experience.

This is what I posted for another topic, this is just for myself others can do what ever they want.

Curiosity question - what do you pack/wear for cruises?​

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...wear-for-cruises.3943280/page-2#post-65439585

"Daily ship attire, shorts, t shirt, regular sox and hiking shoes.
Port attire, shorts, t shirt, hiking shoes, regular sox and a hat. The hat is a must.
Cabin in the evening, gym shorts and t shirt.
Non Formal night dinner , shorts, t shirt, regular sox and hiking shoes.
Formal night dinner, nice jeans, nice button down shirt, dress sox and dress shoes.
Palo Brunch/Dinner, sports jacket , dress pants, collard button down shirt, dress sox, Disney tie and dress shoes.
Then of course undergarments.
No swim suite because I don't usually go in the pool.

I also usually pack at least an extra day or two of each item in case we are delayed returning to port so I do not have to do laundry on the ship.

My wife and I also bring on two carryon's with all our stuff we do not want to pack in our checked luggage that also includes at least one days clothing.

Two checked suitcases with our clothing evenly divided between the two suitcases. We pack the clothing in vacuum bags to compress them and keep them dry just in case the luggage gets caught in the rain."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter