Dress Code at California Grill Brunch?

Hi Pluto

"Hi Pluto, bye Pluto, missing you already Pluto!"
On the Disney website, there is a statement about dress code for California Grill:

"Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum dress code requirements at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome. Please explore the minimum dress code requirements:

Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics."

It does not state that you must follow this dress code for brunch. And in seeing photos from online review sites, many guests are eating brunch while wearing graphic t-shirts and shorts.

Am I correct in that there is no dress code for CG brunch? Or are people just ignoring it and CMs don't always care?

We were there for brunch 2 weeks go and I didn’t notice anybody in graphic tees or tank tops. I was wearing a dress and sandals. I would say most people were dressed a little bit nicer than your average WDW restaurant. It’s such a lovely atmosphere, I would want to keep with the feeling and elevate things a bit!

When we were there in Dec, guests looked nice. Pants, dresses, skirts, neat jeans or dress shorts. Lots of polo shirts and the like for guys.

I don't think I saw anyone in graphic tshirt.

Definitely not as dressy as the evening. We still dressed up a little for the brunch last year, but there were a few people there who appeared to be headed to the park after the meal and were dressed for it. I don't remember seeing tank tops or flip flops, but it was December, so the weather was cooler.

Ate twice at Cali Grill last September (dinner and brunch). Most people wear dressed nicely, but there were a few people at brunch that were 'a little less' cooperative with the guidelines. :rolleyes:

We wore park clothes. My only concession was a collared polo shirt vs. a t-shirt. Still wore tennis shoes.

There were people there in t-shirts and shorts when we went in May. I've seen people in t-shirts, dresses, tutus....you name it. I felt fine in both the tailored dark jeans/blouse and dress pants/sweater I've worn there for brunch. My husband typically wears shorts and a polo.

This is good information. I'm sure we'll dress up a bit, but did want to plan for MK afterwards. I mean, that's if we can get an ADR when it's our turn. :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter