• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

dreamsunlimited nonresponsive

They are having issues for sure. After using them for several trips trying to support The Dis UnPlugged we had to stop last year.

If you email John Magi - one of the owners of Dreams - I know he will make things happen. john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

John and Kevin happen to be on a cruise right now so you'll probably get the automated "out of office" response but I know from experience that he does still read and act on emails like this.

I'm having trouble getting a quote on my 8th cruise... I've emailed the agent who's booked the last 5 or 6 twice over the past week to no avail. I filled out the request for quote form from https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/disney-cruise-line.cfm and no response.. is anyone else having difficulties or is it just me? How long should I wait since I always fear a price increase any day..

Appreciate any advice.

Book the cruise yourself on the Disney website (pricing is same everywhere), and then see which agent will give you the most back and transfer to that agent. Transfer must be done within 30 days, after deposit is paid and before final payment is made. There are some agents that will supposedly give you more back, but I always use Costco and get around 10% back (8-8.5% in Costco gift cards, and 2% executive member refund. I personally would prefer to have Costco gift cards than the OBC, especially with some of the other cruise lines who have packages with included gratuities/alcohol so the onboard credit usage can be quite low. Costco also does not reduce the rebate if I transfer the reservation in like some of the travel agents do.

It seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you want and it is available elsewhere, so no point in dealing with an unresponsive travel agent who is getting 15% commission on the booking but is still uninterested in helping you, especially when a delay could cost you in terms of increased fares. If this person is so unresponsive before even booking, just imagine the level of responsiveness when you are past the refund period. It looks like the OBC from this agency is 5%, you can do better elsewhere and from your post it seems the service provided is not making up for the lower rebate.

Last edited:
Book the cruise yourself on the Disney website (pricing is same everywhere), and then see which agent will give you the most back and transfer to that agent. Transfer must be done within 30 days, after deposit is paid and before final payment is made. There are some agents that will supposedly give you more back, but I always use Costco and get around 10% back (8-8.5% in Costco gift cards, and 2% executive member refund. I personally would prefer to have Costco gift cards than the OBC, especially with some of the other cruise lines who have packages with included gratuities/alcohol so the onboard credit usage can be quite low. Costco also does not reduce the rebate if I transfer the reservation in like some of the travel agents do.

It seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you want and it is available elsewhere, so no point in dealing with an unresponsive travel agent who is getting 15% commission on the booking but is still uninterested in helping you, especially when a delay could cost you in terms of increased fares. If this person is so unresponsive before even booking, just imagine the level of responsiveness when you are past the refund period. It looks like the OBC from this agency is 5%, you can do better elsewhere and from your post it seems the service provided is not making up for the lower rebate.
Actually. Dreams gives one of the highest shipboard credits of most travel agencies. The agent does not get the full percentage of the commission. That shipboard credit comes out of their commission....FYI.

It took almost a week for me to get a response, and the first email included an apology for the slow response. At this point, my agent has been pretty active. I have already paid the deposit and have probably gotten 4 emails already. This is my first cruise, and this is my first travel agent experience, so I really hope the responsiveness remains pretty good.

Had a similar issue last year only had booked with them and was worried I was going to have to cancel due to recent covid infection and had contacted my agent as I wanted to check the process and notice they’d need. Got no response and while thankfully I was able to go on the cruise in the end, it really put me off using them again as I don’t know how I’d have contacted them in the event I had needed to cancel to ensure a refund.

Add me to the list as well. Even after reaching out to John and having someone new assigned to my request, still got nothing back. Went through Costco and they’ve even helped with a few issues a d their customer service has been very responsive.

I am for sorry for anyone who is waiting to hear from their agent or for a quote. I am also very sorry if anyone has emailed me and I have not responded; I assure you if you emailed me and I did not respond there must be a glitch somewhere. I promise that you I answer all emails I receive.

With that said if you are still waiting to hear from an agent or on a quote please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimtedTravel.com -- I am on a cruise now so if you get my auto response don't worry, I check my email at least twice a day and will get back to you.

Just as an FYI - with the Disney+ release and the new AUS/NZ sailings we were hit hard with two major releases back-to-back. We are doing our best to get caught up but we have fallen behind on some quotes. In addition Disney had some IT issues early on during the Disney+ promotion that put us even further behind. We are working hard to get caught up.

Again - please write to me so that I help you get your quote.

So sorry to hear that. We have always had great service from Elaine E. at Dreams. The TAs do travel often for work, but generally respond pretty quickly. I wonder if it might be a computer issue?

I'm doing to give it a shot today. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to book online using an onboard booking credit, so I've got the reservation on hold and I'll have to call DCL. I've heard the wait times are horrible, but I'd also hate to see the price go up before I can book it... thanks for the advice all.

I'm doing to give it a shot today. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to book online using an onboard booking credit, so I've got the reservation on hold and I'll have to call DCL. I've heard the wait times are horrible, but I'd also hate to see the price go up before I can book it... thanks for the advice all.
You do need to call to use a placeholder. And if that placeholder was transferred to a TA you won’t be able to book it directly through DCL (and if the placeholder wasn’t given to the TA they wouldn’t be able to book it for you).

If you call right at 8am ET and press "0" as many times as you can, you should be able to get right through to DCL. If that doesn't work for you, try Saturday or Sunday right at 9am ET (they open later on the weekend).

I'm having trouble getting a quote on my 8th cruise... I've emailed the agent who's booked the last 5 or 6 twice over the past week to no avail. I filled out the request for quote form from https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/disney-cruise-line.cfm and no response.. is anyone else having difficulties or is it just me? How long should I wait since I always fear a price increase any day..

Appreciate any advice.
Our experience too about 6ish weeks ago, we waited about three days all ready to book and then we went elsewhere as I feared rate would increase. I think we finally got a reply a week later. With a delay when we’re trying to give them money, I wonder about timeliness if we needed help with anything after booking :(

Edit: This was well before the Disney+ “ backlog”

Our experience too about 6ish weeks ago, we waited about three days all ready to book and then we went elsewhere as I feared rate would increase. I think we finally got a reply a week later. With a delay when we’re trying to give them money, I wonder about timeliness if we needed help with anything after booking :(

Edit: This was well before the Disney+ “ backlog”
I am very sorry for this. If it was before the Disney+ offer you should have been contacted by an agent within 24 hours of your submission. Receiving a response/quote one week later is totally unacceptable.

If I can get you to email me with your email address I would like to see where the issues occurred so I can work to improve our service going forward.

So far I have not been contacted by anyone on this thread. I have checked my junk/spam email and no emails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter