• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams Villas

pfeifer1990

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at John and Kevin's Dream Villas? If so, wanting to know how bad the drive is to and from the parks (morning, noon, and dinner time). In the 80's we stayed in Kississimee and remember what a drudge the drive was between heavy traffic and long lines to park etc. I imagine it is 10x's worse now. Google maps indicate a 30-minute drive to the Magic Kingdom:rolleyes2
I want to stay onsite at a moderate resort (swore I'd never stay off-site again) and our daughter (for a whole lot of reasons) would rather not.
Thank you. (move this post if it should be somewhere else).

Havent stayed at John and Kevin's but trafic is bad ,and not sure of the location of thoses.
But there are reasonable priced off site villas with decent drives to WDW .An examples is Windsor Hills with 12 minutes stated. Having stayed there several times we have not experienced any issues at any times .

We are considering them for a trip next year. We have only stayed onsite with our little family of three, but we may be traveling with another family and the savings are SIGNIFICANT.

I would love to hear more on them!

I have not stayed in Kevin and John's unit, but I did just tour a condo for sale in this complex. We are considering buying a vacation home and the amount of time it takes to travel to the parks is huge to us.

From the Seven Dwarfs area to WDW property google maps tends to have you take either 535 or 192 depending on where on property you wish to go. Without traffic its roughly 15 minutes away. However, if you want to avoid stop lights and are willing to pay tolls I would recommend popping on the Osceola Parkway. Not having as many light and less traffic cuts this commute considerably in traffic. Hope that helps.

I know you didn't ask but the subdivision is gated. The grounds and amenities were very well maintained. I would be willing to stay here with my family on vacation.

I have not stayed in Kevin and John's unit, but I did just tour a condo for sale in this complex. We are considering buying a vacation home and the amount of time it takes to travel to the parks is huge to us.

From the Seven Dwarfs area to WDW property google maps tends to have you take either 535 or 192 depending on where on the property you wish to go. Without traffic its roughly 15 minutes away. However, if you want to avoid stoplights and are willing to pay tolls I would recommend popping on the Osceola Parkway. Not having as many light and less traffic cuts this commute considerably in traffic. Hope that helps.

I know you didn't ask but the subdivision is gated. The grounds and amenities were very well maintained. I would be willing to stay here with my family on vacation.
Thank you for your reply this definitely helps us with our decision.

We are staying at Dreams Villas in Jan-Feb. Thank you for the information! I think this will become a yearly stay for us (a few weeks at a time) with DVC stays as well. I was hoping to find a Facebook group or a group here that stays often enough to give tips, answer questions and just share things about the property and surrounding area. Any idea if this exists?

You can always go on google maps at the times you'd like to see how long the drive will be and click the traffic option, and that'll give you a realtime estimate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter