Dreams Unlimited Gift Basket

Just wanted to say thanks DU for the gift basket.

We sailed back in Dec-2012 and are still using the cups that in the gift bag!

Looking forward to our to 2 more cups on our Mar-2014 cruise!:thumbsup2

Just wondering about the "extension cord" in the DU basket. I thought that extension cords were being confiscated from people's luggage? Or is this item actually a "power strip", in which case, I thought that as of a few weeks ago, those too were being confiscated?

Why are they confiscating power strips? Without it, there's no way we have enough plugs for all the chargers - phone, ipad, laptop, etc.

If you have 2 rooms on one reservation, do both rooms get the gift basket or just one? What about the CC gift? If both staterooms have a silver member will both staterooms on one reservation get the CC silver gift?

If you have 2 rooms on one reservation, do both rooms get the gift basket or just one? What about the CC gift? If both staterooms have a silver member will both staterooms on one reservation get the CC silver gift?

in both cases yes, you do get them for both cabins.

Just wondering about the "extension cord" in the DU basket. I thought that extension cords were being confiscated from people's luggage? Or is this item actually a "power strip", in which case, I thought that as of a few weeks ago, those too were being confiscated?

They mentioned on a recent podcast that they weren't going to put the power strips in the gift baskets anymore due to the new restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are cruising with another family in January 2015 and are booked through DU. I'm hoping we will get one of these gems when we sail! Think I'll keep this to myself though...a little extra pixie dust never hurt anyone :wizard:

Does anyone know if they still do the gift baskets? If so I will not pack all those goodies, but if not, I will need to add cups, water bottles white board erasers and highlighters to my packing list. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they still do the gift baskets? If so I will not pack all those goodies, but if not, I will need to add cups, water bottles white board erasers and highlighters to my packing list. :thumbsup2

Fwiw, it was 2 cups and 2 water bottles. So if you have more than 2 in your party you may want to bring stuff anyways. And they are plastic, so if plastic chemicals concern you you may want your own too.

I just used my DU cup the other day. It fits in my cup holder better than any other but I only fill it half way up and drive slow.

How about the highlighter? I thought that was cool.

We got ours in April! :thumbsup2 I love the DU gift baskets and I will really miss not having one when we sail out of Miami.

Fwiw, it was 2 cups and 2 water bottles. So if you have more than 2 in your party you may want to bring stuff anyways. And they are plastic, so if plastic chemicals concern you you may want your own too.

We had two cabins, one with 2 adults, one with 3 adults and one child.

We received 2 cups in the first basket and 3 cups and 1 water bottle in the second.

Delivery had also been mixed up for one of our baskets - we received the basket for another family down the hall who was in our FE group, and they received ours. They had 2 adults and 2 kids in one cabin and their basket had 2 cups and 2 water bottles.

Based on this, it appears cups are provided for adults and water bottles for kids.

We had two cabins, one with 2 adults, one with 3 adults and one child.

We received 2 cups in the first basket and 3 cups and 1 water bottle in the second.

Delivery had also been mixed up for one of our baskets - we received the basket for another family down the hall who was in our FE group, and they received ours. They had 2 adults and 2 kids in one cabin and their basket had 2 cups and 2 water bottles.

Based on this, it appears cups are provided for adults and water bottles for kids.

I'm pretty sure you are right. DH and I sailed solo last year and received the 2 cups in our basket. We sailed this year with our 2 kids and we received 2 cups and 2 water bottles. The water bottles are for the kids and the cups are for adults in the stateroom. :)

We had 3 adults and 2 children. We got 2 cups and 2 water bottles. We did get 5 fruit snacks, so I'm sure it was the right basket.

But as an adult, on excursions, I want a water bottle that seals, not a travel mug, kwim? So if I was going to use theirs, I'd still need to bring 3 water bottles.

We did love the highlighter. My ds has claimed it as his own!

A lot of thoughts and imagination was put together in order to make these gift baskets right for each family. It was Dreams Unlimited way to express their thanks for believing in them. Glad they are enjoyed and finding them useful.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a question I haven't seen answered yet - are these only given on Disney cruises?

At this moment yes, but I believe DU will expand to other ships in due time. I am sure someone with a more direct answer, will post as to how, when etc.

So sad that we're sailing out of Miami in November and won't be receiving one of these wonderful baskets :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter