Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

I am headed out on Dec 16th and have a 4E as stated on our DU reservation. On our DCL paperwork it is listed as a "Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda". Online the 4E category is stated as "Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Category 04E". Now I have to look at my notes to see what we had requested from DU as I remember seeing the room with the extended veranda available and requesting 5542. Am I missing something here?

I am in cabin 5546 on the Dream in November - I was assuming it's a larger one but now after reading this thread I'm not sure. Did you have 5542 on your trip and what was it like?

I am in cabin 5546 on the Dream in November - I was assuming it's a larger one but now after reading this thread I'm not sure. Did you have 5542 on your trip and what was it like?

Those are both extended verandah cabins. I was in 5546 last Oct. It was a great cabin. Some of The extended cabins have a slight curvature to the exterior railing as a design feature. 5546 is one of those. As a result the verandah is ever so slightly smaller than others in this class. But this is really a small difference and hardly worth noting. The trade off is that 5546 is a non-connecting room which is what I wanted. I had 8 people comfortably on my verandah at one point in my cruise. If you want extra space these cabins are it.

Those are both extended verandah cabins. I was in 5546 last Oct. It was a great cabin. Some of The extended cabins have a slight curvature to the exterior railing as a design feature. 5546 is one of those. As a result the verandah is ever so slightly smaller than others in this class. But this is really a small difference and hardly worth noting. The trade off is that 5546 is a non-connecting room which is what I wanted. I had 8 people comfortably on my verandah at one point in my cruise. If you want extra space these cabins are it.

Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

Just found this and love it... Does anyone know if something similar exists for the classic ships? Meaning, is there a thread like devoted to the Magic and Wonder?

Just found this and love it... Does anyone know if something similar exists for the classic ships? Meaning, is there a thread like devoted to the Magic and Wonder?

No, we didn't sit around stalking the shipyard's website and obsessing over every single detail when the classics were built. ;)

No, we didn't sit around stalking the shipyard's website and obsessing over every single detail when the classics were built. ;)

Well, why the heck not? :lmao::rotfl2:

Ok, yeah... makes sense!!! I wish I could see an exterior pic of the Wonder with all the staterooms labeled, though. I have stared at tiny pics and tried to count them off using deck plans until I have a headache! :rotfl:

Sounds like you have volunteered for that project? ;) Personally, I didn't hear about DCL until 2002 when I got a brochure from DH under the tree that Christmas. I think I've made up for it since then though. LOL!

Sounds like you have volunteered for that project? ;) Personally, I didn't hear about DCL until 2002 when I got a brochure from DH under the tree that Christmas. I think I've made up for it since then though. LOL!
What a great present - and a great DH!

After I actually cruise the Wonder and get an idea of what is what I just might take on this project!

What a great present - and a great DH!

Yes on both counts! He never was big on gifts but when the people at work asked what he was getting me that year he told them that it would be good. LOL! Ten cruises later.....he had no idea what he was getting himself into. :rolleyes1

I don't know if it has been said before but there has been added more steel work on the side of the ship which can cause a slight obstruction to the views in certain staterooms from the original pictures.

Here is the post of a lady who was surprised after Check in, link with explanation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2655554

The picture show steelwork added after the picture above with staterooms.:)

Bump***this is a great thread.

We have already sailed on the Dream this past January and are booked on the Fantasy next October. I assume all the room descriptions also apply for the Fantasy? Is that true?

Yes, except if your speaking of bed configurations within cabins. I have found some that are different.

We have already sailed on the Dream this past January and are booked on the Fantasy next October. I assume all the room descriptions also apply for the Fantasy? Is that true?

Hey DisDreamers, which cruise? we are also doing next October on the Fantasy (10/11)
:)

Also keep in mind that unless you read through the ENTIRE thread, some staterooms changed category several months after the Dream launched. So the earlier posts may not be accurate with the current category. Room descriptions should be correct, except for some bed configurations as noted by PP.

Enjoy your cruise!

Also keep in mind that unless you read through the ENTIRE thread, some staterooms changed category several months after the Dream launched. So the earlier posts may not be accurate with the current category. Room descriptions should be correct, except for some bed configurations as noted by PP. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!!

I'm a bit concerned that our Cat 7a room 9512 will not be worth the extra dollars we paid for a verandah. Any thoughts or pics out there?:artist:

We are in 9512 in December and I'm not too worried about the obstruction. It looks as though about half of the balcony may be blocked but the rest is open. There were some good pics on a thread out there but I can't remember where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter