Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

I guess lol… I mean on the pic where Donald was walking around the balcony, those didn't have any dividers on the deck he was in… Maybe they haven't installed the divider that could be opened…. They've only installed the permanent ones because it's part of the structure? :confused3

I don't think I saw the Donald pic! Where can I find that one?:confused3

I was considering cat 4d, deck 6 midship- do you think that views of the water will be obscured in any way by the life boats?

joanne

NEW_DISNEY_SHIP_MAKES_FIRST_APPEARANCE.jpg

I was considering cat 4d, deck 6 midship- do you think that views of the water will be obscured in any way by the life boats?

joanne

From what I noticed, and asked if anyone else noticed the difference in the design of the 2 classes, Im going to go with a yes. On the Magic class you can look staright down to the water. I was just on the Magic 2 weeks ago. On the Dream class, the verandahs seem to be recessed in to the sides of the ship, and when you look down now, it looks like youll see the tops of the lifeboats.Not the water rushing by. Youll still be able to see the water, just not straight down, though well have to wait for the first cruisers to come back and answer the question.

Yikes!! I see my cabin, but no divider. I did not sign up for a public balcony.:scared1: I sure hope they are putting in dividers. I know on some Princess ships there are cabins that open up onto the promenade deck. But it is disclosed that the balcony is public. I like to eat my breakfast on the balcony, but don't want it to be a pajama party.:lmao:

Love the partial solid wall. I would have to believe that since Disney was so diligent in disclosing the solid wall, they certainly would have disclosed a public/shared balcony.

Thanks to everyone for posting pictures.

Great pics and explanations of what we are looking at.

As others have posted I sure lots of things will be added very quickly in wet dock.

I'm sure that the dry doc is expensive and they want it out of there asap so they can start building the next big ship.

Also great point about keeping the tonnage low to get it down river.

I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. The description for the rooms state "This stateroom comfortably fits 3 or 4—much more space than is found in our standard staterooms—and includes a queen-size bed with underneath storage, convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed in most, split bath and private balcony."

Thanks for all the insight and photos. Interested in the extra large category 9A's forward NOT designated as handicap. Any idea what the story is with 7006/7504 and 8006/8504?

Another thing ...are the lower level concierge balconies,the ones that form part of the over-the-sea curved area on the sides (at the front of the ship), semi enclosed ?
They look like they have a perspex roof over them - and do you think their extended balcony areas will make the rooms dark inside (have also though about the same issue for the large conceirge balcony right at the front of the ship, ie the one between the royal suites. :confused3

Which aft stateroom do you guys think would be the better...Deck 6 or Deck 7?

We are booked in aft 6X90 connecting to 6X92, I put an X since I know they are aft and know it is 90 and 92 but really don't know what number comes after the first 6, maybe 6 maybe 1.
Can anyone PLEASE tell me where is this deck?
Is it right above Mickey? I can't tell which rooms they are although I know one of them is next to the "gray" space that is now a door (I think) that we have all been discussing.
Do I have a partially blocked view?
Thank you VERY much!

Deck 6 is the outermost deck. Deck 5 is right above Mickey. Cabin 6192 is the outermost aft deck in the middle. The obstruction might be the flagpole/antenna thing. I would say deck 6 is better than 7. Deck seven is terraced back quite a bit and when you look down you will see deck 6. When you look down from deck 6 you will see the mickey and the water below. Just my guess. We are booked in 6192 on the Fantasy. :)

Deck 6 is the outermost deck. Deck 5 is right above Mickey. Cabin 6192 is the outermost aft deck in the middle. The obstruction might be the flagpole/antenna thing. I would say deck 6 is better than 7. Deck seven is terraced back quite a bit and when you look down you will see deck 6. When you look down from deck 6 you will see the mickey and the water below. Just my guess. We are booked in 6192 on the Fantasy. :)

Thank you. I will look again.

When you look at Deck 6 aft 6190 looks like there is anohter "fence" rounded going inside from the balcony, possibly to keep people away from the flagpole?
I hope that flag doesn't whip around all night, I am a light sleeper that likes to keep the balcony door open...hhhmmmm......

When you look at Deck 6 aft 6190 looks like there is anohter "fence" rounded going inside from the balcony, possibly to keep people away from the flagpole?
I hope that flag doesn't whip around all night, I am a light sleeper that likes to keep the balcony door open...hhhmmmm......

There is a clear plexiglass railing that is vertical around the back of the boat. Then there is the more decorative slanted railing that is easily visible. The inner railing is necessary because children could easily climb the slanted railing and would not hold anyone on the boat. Scissors would take care of the flag. Just Kidding!

Some other things I noticed:
The foreward corner cabins have one porthole that is salnted toward the sky. Not a great veiw for me.

The aft double porthole cabins also slant up toward the sky and have a ledge and railing impeding any veiw you might get.

I love looking out my porthole and seeing the water down below. It seems the only perfect place to do this is the deck 2 porthole cabins. But the question is how big are thise portholes and are there 1 or 2?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter