• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream Spa/Salon for teens

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
Asking for a friend who will be on the Dream in June. Her granddaughter and GD's friend are under 18 and wanted to know if the salon does hair blowouts for those under 18. I did not know the answer so wanted to ask here. They were thinking for formal night. If you have any info it would be appreciated. Bonus points if you know approximate cost! Thank you!

MJ

Asking for a friend who will be on the Dream in June. Her granddaughter and GD's friend are under 18 and wanted to know if the salon does hair blowouts for those under 18. I did not know the answer so wanted to ask here. They were thinking for formal night. If you have any info it would be appreciated. Bonus points if you know approximate cost! Thank you!

MJ
It says this on the DCL website:

Know Before You Go​

Find helpful information on making reservations, cancellations and other policies.

• The Senses Spa & Salon is reserved for Guests 18 years of age and older.

MJ
Google search came up with this for the DREAM

• The Senses Spa & Salon is reserved for Guests 18 years of age and older.
  • Please note that the costs of all services are not included with the price of your cruise.
  • Prices are subject to change without notice. An 18% gratuity will be added automatically to all spa services. Prices are subject to change without notice.
  • Reservations for the spa may be made online through the Planning Center or any time after 1:00 PM on the first day of your cruise. Appointment times fill up very quickly, so book your session as soon as possible. If appointments become full and unavailable, you may request placement on the waiting list. Salon services, however, may not be booked online and can only be arranged onboard, any time after 1:00 PM on the first day of your cruise. To avoid a 50% fee, 24-hour notice is required for all cancellations.
  • We are unable to provide massage services to pregnant Guests in their first trimester. After the first trimester, Guests may partake of massage treatments, although aromatherapy is not recommended. Guests diagnosed with cancer must obtain medical clearance from an oncologist (in the form of a doctor's note) to partake of massage treatments.
  • Guests are required to meet with an onboard Spa Physician for a complimentary 30-minute consultation prior to booking a treatment at the Rejuvenation Sp

Strange it says 18 and up ... my 12 year old had a haircut there on the Magic a few months ago. I had no idea, and just went to ask if they had any availability. They fit him in and mentioned nothing about age. It was a terrible haircut, we will never do that again. I thought I was saving myself a trip once we got home, but I ended up needing to make one anyway to get it fixed!

Thank you all. I had no idea about the Chill Spa! I never had any need to explore that but it sounds like it would be perfect for what she is looking for.

Thanks again.

MJ

I was able to take my 16 year old to the spa for a manicure on the Wish. I just had to fill out a form for her and couldn’t book online in advance because of her age, but they said it was fine when I asked in person, even though it says 18 and up on the website.

We were on the Dream in March 2023. I asked about the Chill Spa for my teen and they told me about my options. The physical space for the Chill Spa was being used for something else, but they offered several services for teens in the regular spa space. My daughter got a blow-out. I don't remember how much it was, but I don't remember it being much more than what I pay on land. My daughter has a LOT of thick, long hair. They stylist was patient and did exactly what she wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter