Dream Job at WDW

One of the dancer. I have had a couple of friends who were dancers and they have given me the truth about how horrible of company Disney is, but it is still my dream! Or Anna in Disneyland's Frozen show. I love that part!

I really enjoy visiting WDW as a guest and love the escape from work & life that comes with my vacation so I had to struggle a bit to figure out what I would like to do if I was actually working there.

This thread reminded me of a visit I had with a CM manning a pin cart in AK last Fall. We started to chat and he told me he was a retired dentist from the North East and to deal with his boredom (and to get out of the house & out from under his wife's feet :-)) he applied for the first position available at WDW. This was it. I asked him if he didn't miss a job that was more engaging or mentally challenging. I'm sure I asked more diplomatically than that, but that was the gist of it. He smiled and said absolutely not. He had a great career. Made good money at the time. He no longer had anything to prove or any ladder to climb. He loved watching guests have a great time. I also think there may have been a bit of a perk with an employee benefits package because he explained that after driving an hour each way to and from the park, the money wasn't that great but there were some extra work benefits that made it worthwhile. It was refreshing to speak with a CM who wasn't bored or a bit jaded. Maybe it was his generation and a different work ethic. But it was a nice glimpse into a different world.

So working a cart would be good. Or maybe the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade. :D I like the music there, partner.

I want to work with either the GF's or BW's pastry chefs. While I currently work in the financial industry, one of my hobbies is custom cakes ... favorite aspect being sculpting edible topper and accent decor. It wouldn't pay the bills right now, but it would be something fun in retirement. While my cake work isn't entirely Disney, I already have a mini portfolio of edible Disney figures and themes, and it keeps growing with every bday and special event (just did dragon Maleficent last week)...

I'll spare you all of the pics of my edible creations, but the edible Zero I made for a Nightmare Before Christmas cake a few years ago is one of my faves...

6292213281_96efb6a94a_z.jpg

So, who knows...maybe this little hobby of mine could become a dream job at Disney...one day.

Alternately, I'd like to sing with the Voices of Liberty. I sang with the city's symphony (another side gig) before the kids came along and started college as a voice performance major, so it's not that much of a long shot either.

I want to work with either the GF's or BW's pastry chefs. While I currently work in the financial industry, one of my hobbies is custom cakes ... favorite aspect being sculpting edible topper and accent decor. It wouldn't pay the bills right now, but it would be something fun in retirement. While my cake work isn't entirely Disney, I already have a mini portfolio of edible Disney figures and themes, and it keeps growing with every bday and special event (just did dragon Maleficent last week)...

I'll spare you all of the pics of my edible creations, but the edible Zero I made for a Nightmare Before Christmas cake a few years ago is one of my faves...

6292213281_96efb6a94a_z.jpg

So, who knows...maybe this little hobby of mine could become a dream job at Disney...one day.

Alternately, I'd like to sing with the Voices of Liberty. I sang with the city's symphony (another side gig) before the kids came along and started college as a voice performance major, so it's not that much of a long shot either.
@TiggerTrigger - You've shared some of your creations before, and you've got GAME, baby! Seriously - that is awesome!! :worship:

I'd love to work in the greenhouse in the land/behind the seeds tour.

I would be growing my own food this way if I could.

I was going to say I already had my dream job at WDW. I knew when I signed up for my CP that I wanted to give the educational tours to school groups. I knew that you have to start at the bottom and work your way up. I was also a campus recruiter when I came back from my CP. I loved giving tours to school groups that came to the parks. We would include many behind the scenes places in the tours. The other thing was the program was through The Institute so we were given many perks that normal cast members wouldn't get.

I do think that giving tours to the rich and famous would be a very special experience. Another job I think would be neat is a tour guide for the ABD trips. I believe Disney is looking for people now for those trips because I received an email saying they are looking for people.

Maybe not dream jobs, but the cool ones as a fan that stick out in my head :)
  • Mickey Mouse (parades only) :mickeyjum
  • Monorail Pilot
  • Imagineer (this one actually would be awesome)

Since I'm retired I'd be looking for a simple job that would help bring the magic to people visiting the parks. It wouldn't be full time (because I want to enjoy the parks too) but would probably be "on stage" so I could see the smiles. Something like boat captain or monorail pilot comes to mind at first but I'm not sure that either of those are really my milieu. Perhaps just one of the ride operators?

Oh, and something that I really could get into is some type of quality assurance position in the parks. They must need people to just experience the attractions to be sure that everything is working properly, right?

I was going to say I already had my dream job at WDW. I knew when I signed up for my CP that I wanted to give the educational tours to school groups. I knew that you have to start at the bottom and work your way up. I was also a campus recruiter when I came back from my CP. I loved giving tours to school groups that came to the parks. We would include many behind the scenes places in the tours. The other thing was the program was through The Institute so we were given many perks that normal cast members wouldn't get.

We saw one of those tours (at least I think it was) when we were in EPCOT for a pre-park opening ADR at Akershus and waiting to get it. It looked really cool and I would love to go on one of those tours let alone lead one

One of the Jedi Knights that help put on the Jedi Training Academy show at Studios.

Or a job in Television Production at Disney Channel/ABC, since that is what I have my degree in. I had a small taste of that when I was a Photopass Photographer on the college program, working with cameras at Disney, but I'd like something a little more advance in that field. It's my long term goal to get back down to FL or even maybe CA working for Disney in Television Production. (My Bachelor's Degree is in Radio/TV with an Emphasis on Video-Audio Production).

I've always wanted to be one of the drivers on Kilimanjaro Safaris. Spending all day driving round looking at/talking about amazing animals sounds pretty awesome to me.

I'd also love to be Mickey Mouse during Fantasmic, that looks pretty fun (especially wearing the firework gloves), with not so many shows a day that it'd become a drag and, as the shows are at night, it'd probably be a bit cooler in the suit.

Being Indiana Jones would be amazing as well, though I'm probably not tall enough for that :(

More realistically though, given my profession I'd also love to be an editor/writer for an official Disney site. That would easily be the highlight of my career if it ever happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter