"Dream"ing of April 6, 2015

Posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Has anyone seen a fish extender post for this cruise? We're a first time cruiser family and the kids would love it.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise - first one out of Port Canaveral - and 1st experience on the DisBoard and "meet". So looking forward to the new adventure!!!

MOM 47 DS 9 DD 7

Has anyone seen a fish extender post for this cruise? We're a first time cruiser family and the kids would love it.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

Enjoy!

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Hi! We will be cruising during Sparing Break. Me, my husband, our son (8) and daughter (3) and my parents. We can't wait. It is our second Disney Cruise (our daughter's first). Last time we cruised I don't remember seeing the fish extenders. I am interested in doing them this time. How do we sign up and when does that start?

Is there a Fish Extender group formed for this cruise? If so, how would I find it.
Thank you.

... Last time we cruised I don't remember seeing the fish extenders. I am interested in doing them this time. How do we sign up and when does that start?

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward recently to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

Enjoy! :)

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

We will be first time Disney Cruisers, and I am interested in the Fish Extender program. Has anyone volunteered to organize it yet? If not, I am willing to try. I have spoken to a friend who has done it and is willing to walk me through the process. How do I find out if this is already being organized?

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward recently to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

I am willing to organize the Fish Extender thing for this cruise. Any suggestions you have for me would be most welcome. I don't see a way for people to private message me on this thread. Do I give them my email address and have them personally contact me that way?

I find it hard to believe that with a totally booked ship there are no fish extenders started. Maybe search around the internet for someone who started a late group. Social media, fb...

I haven't heard any response about other Fish Extender groups for this cruise, nor are any listed on Facebook, so I guess I will start one. Here is the info you need to reply to me with:

1- Name and number of participants ( and ages for those under 18)

2- Cabin # in order to exchange gifts.

3- Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays, anniversaries, etc...)

4- Allergies or items prohibited ie... alcohol/candy/nuts etc...

5- Favorite Character

6- Check out this link for more info on FE BASICS

RULES:

You have until March 21 to give me your info and then I will close the group and give you each the list. If you feel weird about publishing your cabin number in this forum, you can send the info to me via email at etheine@bellsouth.net. I will try to keep the groups smallish (groups of 10?), depending on how many people respond.

You must give a gift to each cabin on your FE list, either as a Cabin Gift or individuals in each cabin. There are many suggestions for possible gifts online and on Pinterest.

Make this Magical, a memory to last forever.

Yes, girls will be very close. If she seems iffy about the edge club maybe we can find a way to arrange to meet there the same time at some point. It always helps to know at least one face in a strange place. Despite being 11 my daughter never went to Edge on this last cruise. We had friends with us with 10 year old twin girls so they all stuck together. I think she would be fine on her own but with ready made friends in the oceaneer clubs she wasn't quite ready to go on her own to the other. They spent more time out of the clubs anyway.

Just realized I was wrong earlier. My sister's boys will only be 2 when they are on the cruise! :eek: They will definitely have their work cut out for them!

Will you do the FE when it comes out? I did it on the last cruise and my kids really enjoyed it. However, it was a lot of work! I think they would miss it though. Guess I have some time to figure it out, huh? :rolleyes:

I have just started a FE group for this cruise, since no one else seemed to be doing it. If you are still interested, give me your info and I will put you on the list.

I am seriously considering the FE, but I will probably opt out if it gets too big. I can only handle a certain level of "stuff," but it sounds sooooo fun! I'll just wait and see how many are going to participate.
Thanks for the offer of getting our girls to meet. I might take you up on it, or maybe we'll get a DIS meets set up after more people join us! It's always tricky trying to "set up" friendships with kids. I remember at that age, sometimes I hated it when my mom would try that (I was very shy) and other times I would be playing with the other girl(s) seamlessly.
I am a therapist in a nursing home/rehab and a couple of the residents have been asking me for my countdown until this cruise. They get a kick out of it. :banana: And I get a kick out of them getting a kick out of it... :yay:

Our previous (and first) cruise, a 7 day eastern was a blast, but I remember thinking that the duration was great for us adults, but it was a bit too long for the kids. They were ready to be off the boat. I am sure this 4 night is going to be just perfect for them! Our schools always have spring break right after Easter, except this year. I had already booked this cruise when I realized this, so of course I had to write the school board to find out if this was going to be an issue 2015. They said the reason it was different this year because state testing was scheduled for the week after Easter this year, so that was the only reason it was changed this year. So, unless something unforeseen happens in the next year, 2 months and 1 week, we will be there! :cheer2: (This post was longer than anticipated!)

I have just started a FE group for this cruise, since no one else seemed to be organizing one. If you are still interested, give me your information and I will add you to the list.

Hi everyone. We are first time cruisers (myself, DH and DD who will be 11 when we go). I was going to book the June 8 cruise right after school gets out but it was a lot more expensive than this one at Spring Break (which kind of surprised me).

We've booked a Cat 5D OV w/verandah room because I didn't think I could handle the "trapped" feeling. We'll see. I'm not completely convinced cruising is going to be my thing, but DD has been begging for years and my mom passed away in December, rather suddenly, and had promised to take her, so this is for my mom.

I think we are going to plan to snorkel in Nassau and then just hang on the beach in CC. We've scheduled the early dining time.

I have a few questions if anyone knows the answers:

1. Will there be a pirate night on our cruise and if so, will we be out of place if we DON'T dress up? DD was a pirate for Halloween last year so she'll dress up, but not sure I care too. I will though if that's the norm.

2. Do I need to get DD and I passports? DH has one and I'm thinking I might get them just to have them. Any suggestions on the best place to secure them (other than the USPS) since we have plenty of time?

3. Oh, and WTH is the fish extending program I keep reading about????

I have just started a FE group for this cruise, since no one else seemed to be organizing one. If you are still interested, give me your information and I will add you to the list.

Welcome to the group! I am anxiously awaiting April so that our cruise will be less than a year away then!

I have only been on one cruise myself (a Carnival cruise in February) and we did bring passports. I'm not 100% sure if it was needed or not though, so hopefully someone else can answer that. We did get off in Nassau on our cruise and didn't need to take our passports on/off the ship, just our room keys.

I think I'll bring some bandanas and eye patches or something simple like that for Pirate Night, but that's about it. We are flying to Orlando and spending a couple days at the parks before the cruise, and I don't want to pack any extra stuff since we'll already have a lot of things.

I've been reading a lot about Fish Extenders and it sounds really fun. You hang something with pockets to be filled by your door. Some people make cool crafts and others buy candy, glow sticks, etc. I think my kids would enjoy this (and I would too) so I think we plan on joining a FE group, once one becomes available. I've been scoping out things I could give to people and have a couple good ideas already.

Can't wait for April 2015!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter