Dream deluxe damily with verandah

mrsjmf

Earning My Ears
How can I find out which rooms have a solid white wall? I searched for reviews but I'm still having a hard time. We don't want to end up with a solid white wall on the balcony.

How can I find out which rooms have a solid white wall? I searched for reviews but I'm still having a hard time. We don't want to end up with a solid white wall on the balcony.

I believe that cabins in the rear of the ship have the whit wall

And the white walls on the Dream or Fantasy only go up to an adults knees so I wouldn't hesitate to book a veranda on the Dream or Fantasy with a white wall. You can still see out while sitting in a chair on the veranda.

And the white walls on the Dream or Fantasy only go up to an adults knees so I wouldn't hesitate to book a veranda on the Dream or Fantasy with a white wall. You can still see out while sitting in a chair on the veranda.

Agree with this! We had a 6B which is aft with whitewall. I have had both kinds of verandahs. Had no negative effect at all. Would definitely get this cabin again.

The white walls are just about where the ship starts to curve at the back. I believe that is the difference between 6A & 6B.

Thanks for the input. Does this mean 6c and 6d are porthole balconies (are the called navigator verandahs??) or are they just lower decks?

Thanks for the input. Does this mean 6c and 6d are porthole balconies (are the called navigator verandahs??) or are they just lower decks?

I don't see 6c or 6d categories on any ship????

The 7a's are obstructed view. Some call them navigators, but they are not. Navigators are on the smaller ships.

I don't see 6c or 6d categories on any ship????

The 7a's are obstructed view. Some call them navigators, but they are not. Navigators are on the smaller ships.

OP is talking about Dream. The true navigator's verandah's are only on the classic ships.

Also, OP mentioned 'deluxe family verandah'. Only category 4 E-A fit this description.

OP is talking about Dream. The true navigator's verandah's are only on the classic ships.

Also, OP mentioned 'deluxe family verandah'. Only category 4 E-A fit this description.

Well if your going to get specific ... :lmao:
I feel DCL's info is in error related to the 4e. It is not a "family" as it is smaller and will not sleep 5.
The 4e is 246 sqft and the 4a-d are 299 sqft.
I can't believe they haven't corrected this info on their site.
I'm sure this leads to many frustrated travelers.

:goodvibes

Yep...I dug up a picture after reading of others panicking about the dreaded white wall. The bottom half is white and the top half is clear...not an issue for anyone taller than 2 feet. :confused3 It's silly to even put those in another category.

Bear3412 said:
I feel DCL's info is in error related to the 4e. It is not a "family" as it is smaller and will not sleep 5.

The square footage of the 4Es on DCL's website states that it includes the verandah, which is larger than the standard in the other Cat 4s.. So while the distribution of space is not the same as the 4A-Ds, there is no "correction" required on the website as the *total* amount of space is the same.

And, since a 4E can't sleep five, it won't come up when you search for that many people. So no correction needed there, either.

Is this true only on the dream class or on the classics as well? I booked a 4e on the wonder thinking it was larger than the 5 class with veranda. Am I incorrect in thinking that? It is a deluxe family room not just a room with veranda. That makes it larger in square footage, correct?

Only on the Dream and Fantasy is the 4e less interior space than other cat 4's.

Walla ; You are correct in your assessment of the Magic class cabins you mentioned.
You are good.

Cat 4a - d's have 256 sqft inside while the 4e's have 203sqft inside.
That's all I was trying to say. DCL's site implies all cat 4's have the same space inside the cabin.
Perhaps I could have been clearer if I initially included the interior sqft.

Only on the Dream and Fantasy is the 4e less interior space than other cat 4's.

Walla ; You are correct in your assessment of the Magic class cabins you mentioned.
You are good.

Cat 4a - d's have 256 sqft inside while the 4e's have 203sqft inside.
That's all I was trying to say. DCL's site implies all cat 4's have the same space inside the cabin.
Perhaps I could have been clearer if I initially included the interior sqft.

Thank you! It's good to know for the future about the difference in sq ft on the 4a-d's on the dream class. Thanks

I was so excited that I put 4 people in 4B cat. For 2 people, the smaller rooms are fine, but I wouldn't put 3-4 people in those tiny rooms.

I was so excited that I put 4 people in 4B cat. For 2 people, the smaller rooms are fine, but I wouldn't put 3-4 people in those tiny rooms.

I couldn't agree more!!! Every square inch counts when you are packing more than 2 people into a room! :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter