Dream a dream....KMAB00's DW Honeymoon TR: Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmab00

DIS Veteran
After a week of rain, cold, HEAT, and LOTS OF PIXIE DUST :tink: ...DH and I have returned from our DW Honeymoon! :sad1: It was sad to leave.....but I am glad to be back home!!

Here's our trip report.....

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Wet, rainy, and cold........who would have thought that what was supposed to be a lovely EASTER weekend would turn out so nasty?? But the wedding still went on and it was very lovely....I'll post a "wedding report" later.

Jason and I left the reception site about 8:45 p.m. We got on the interstate for our trip to New Orleans overnight...then fly out Sunday morning.

Well, about 30 minutes down the road, I realized that ... gasp ... I had LEFT our wedding EARS at the reception!!!! We were supposed to leave the reception wearing them...but I so totally forgot! So I gave Jason 2 options....1. Turn around and go back to get the ears or 2. Buy some more at Disney. His response...let's turn around.

With that behind us, we drove to New Orleans in the pouring rain but 3 hours later, we made it there ok.

Sunday, April 8, 2007

We woke up to a COLD spring day. Neither of us figured it would be cold in Florida, so we put on shorts, short sleeved matching Mickey polos :love: and pull over jackets. ((Boy were we WRONG!!!))

It was our first time to fly in YEARS so we both tried to follow the "regulations" very carefully. The people in the New Orleans airport were RUDE....I couldn't wait to get to Disney where there were smiling faces everywhere and people who WANTED to help you!! Jason got his pocket knife confiscated and thrown away.....he had forgotten to take it out of his pocket and leave it in the car. The VERY rude lady was like, "Ummmm THIS is a BLADE..." No really?!? Gee thanks for letting me know that! I wasn't very nice back to her.....I was like, "Oook then." :laughing: They didn't even give us the option of going back and putting it in the car. And she didn't have to be so rude. So that whole situation depressed Jason b/c it was a gift from his brother. :confused3 Oh well. Jason said, "what a wonderful start to our trip, huh?". It made me sad!!

We boarded the plane, though, and by that time, we were both in better moods....

honeymoon1.jpg

Jason

hm2.jpg

Me! :)

We arrived safely in the Orlando airport....no delays or anything!! Yay! Greeting us at the middle court was a DISNEY STORE!!!!! I just HAD to stop and take a picture! :)

hm3.jpg

hm4.jpg

While we were taking these pictures, a guy walked up to us wearing regular clothes and a booksack. He asked us if we were coming or going. We told him that we were just arriving for our Honeymoon. He noticed the Mickey/Minnie bride and groom pins on our Polos and he told us that he worked in MK at Buzz Lightyear....and to stop by and see him one day! (He turns up later in this TR!!) He was SO nice...........it was great to actually talk to someone nice compared to what we had earlier that day....

Anyway, after what seemed like FOREVER, we FINALLY found Disney Express!! Yay! ALL of the buses were being used this week because it was spring break and DW was busy! We ended up on a Disney Cruise Line bus even though we were only going to DW. It was kinda hard following the directions we were given but after asking a few people how to get to Magical Express, we found our way around!!

hm5.jpg

After only 2 stops, we made it to our resort and it wasn't a long time, either! Everything went very quickly!!

hm6.jpg

We made it with plenty of time for our 7:30 p.m. Living Seas ADR's....so we hung out around Epcot for a while!

Coming up....EPCOT, Living Seas, and more Disney Magic!!! Stay tuned!! :woohoo:

Yay! Sorry to hear the trip started off so poorly, but you guys look so happy on the plane, so it's good to know you put it all behind you!

I'm so glad you remembered the Mickey ears when you were still (relatively) close to home! I hope you have lots and lots of pics with them on and they gained you some pixie dust!

Congratulations! :thumbsup2
I'm sorry your trip started off on the wrong foot, but so far it seems like things are looking up!
Can't wait to read more!!!

sounds like fun so far :) I really wish we could go back and do ours again....sorry for the bad luck with the security people...than can be that way sometimes at ALL airports.

Im getting goosebumps reading!! I remember when we first got to Orlando-- the feeling of excitement and nice people and magical stuff ahead of you! The ride to WDW comes so quickly--- but it seems like the one to the airport back home just goes by so sluggish-- you have nothing left to look forward to except your own comfy bed!! Congrats again! You and Jason look so cute together and your a doll anyway!! Im glad to hear your wedding turned out good despite the weather!! Ill be tuned in and glued to the seat for this one!!:hug:

YEY:banana: glad to have you back!!!! I love your TR I want to hear more or read more:surfweb: :goodvibes ... and we would love to read and see pics of the wedding.... hurry back

Thanks so much everyone!!! I am going to enjoy re-living this trip for sure!! :) Also, just to say, I am a picture taker....so for our Honeymoon in 7 days, I took over 500 pictures!!! :rotfl2: Jason thinks I'm insane and he calls me "The Camera Nazzi"....:rotfl: However, God gave me the love for photography but somehow managed to forget to give me that "perfect eye" for great shots......so yeah anyway, I love to take pictures and you will see a lot of them if you stick with this TR!!!!

You and Jason look so cute together and your a doll anyway!!

Aww thanks!!!! :blush: I appreciate that very much!! :)

Still on Sunday, April 8, 2007

Our buss pulled up to Port Orleans Riverside and boy was I ever excited!!! I've never stayed at this resort before, but I had heard wonderful things about it, so I was anticipating our stay there.

BLS000.jpg

Our room was BEAUTIFUL!! We had requested a King size bed room but I didn't really think we'd get it. However, we did!!!

hm7.jpg

Our room was so big and I loved it!! After staying here, I dont' know if I'd want to stay anywhere else! It was so nice and peaceful...and the grounds were beautiful!!!

hm8.jpg

hm9.jpg

On our table was a basket from Disney Florist that I had ordered the week before we left. I was called "Minnie Regale". You can find it at www.disneyflorist.com. The basket included a bottle of red wine, Mickey mouse toasting glasses, Ghiradelli chocolate, and some cheese and crackers in it. Neither Jason or I are big wine drinkers but we decided to go for anyway it since it was a special occasion and all... :rolleyes:

hm10.jpg

Those Mickey and Minnie pins that you see on the basket were not included. Jason and I were wearing them at the airport. I took them off when we arrived to our room because when we checked into our hotel, the Cast Member asked if we had gotten the "Just Married" buttons yet. We told her no so she reached down into a basket that was under the desk and gave us each a button!! :)

hm11.jpg

The card that came with the basket!! :)

hm12.jpg

And now let the Disney Magic Begin!!!

After we were settled into our room, it was still early....2 p.m. or so. Our ADR's weren't until 7:30 p.m. Neither of us had eaten lunch so we decided to head to Epcot early and eat lunch with our Dining plan credits. I'll tell you....I will NEVER do Disney again without the dining plan!!! It was so WONDERFUL and convenient!!!

Anyway, we made it to Epcot with lots of CM's congratulating us :) and we headed over to the Electric Umbrella for lunch!!

Jason had a double cheeseburger and I had the chicken strips with strawberry cheesecake for dessert!!

hm13.jpg

hm14.jpg

Next: Exploring Epcot....and the Coral Reef Restaurant!! :) Stay tuned!

Aww its nice to see you back. Great trip report so far.

I know what you mean about wanting to see happy people,everybody is always happy there.

First I want to say that being a picture taker isnt a bad thing. I am one as well! :laughing: We will have a lot of pictures to look back on and recollect a lot of memories. So, I, for one, cannot WAIT to see your photos!

Im so glad you put a good review on this board about the dining plan. I thought for a while that I was the only one who really thought something of it. DH and I used it (This was our second year-- the first was during free dining)-- and no experience was better than another-- but both experiences were better than my 15+ other trips to disney. It was so convenient-- we could leave massive amounts of money at home and really not worry about it-- and we both got to enjoy ourselves (who wants to look at prices when your on vacation!). PO Riverside looks really nice. Is that the old Dixie Landings? I stayed at "Dixie Landings" whichever that one was.. back when I was younger and we really liked it-- very classy and not cheesy at all.

Cant wait for more :) popcorn::

Lynn: Yeah EVERYONE was nice to us at Disney.....it's such a wondeful feeling. You can be nice and truly have people be nice back with you!! It's great!! At one point, this man (vacationer) made some comment to us about "please move down to the END of the aisle" and he wasn't nice about it. After he passed us, the lady behind us leaned up and said, "Yes, believe it or not, there ARE rude people in Disney World every once in a while"!! :rotfl:

Maggimus: I LOVE THE DINING PLAN!! I too have been to Disney a lot without it and now...I'd never do it any other way again!! You can have a nice meal every day without worrying about what to get on the menu, and you never go hungry!!!!! I loved it!! It was my first time to use it and Jason's too...but he loved it just as much!!! :) Glad to know there's another photo taker around here!! :laughing:

Congrats and welcome back.

I am another one all for the dining plan. We got to eat at places that we would have never eaten at like the CG. Plus it helped us budget our money better!! Hopefully disney keeps this option around for awhile.
princess:

I am loving your TR! I totally agree w/ you that POR is beautiful. I stayed there back when it was Dixie Landings and my mom and I stayed at POFQ during my site visit last year. I loved running through POR's grounds in the mornings. We're staying there again a couple nights before my wedding. I cannot wait :goodvibes

You are just glowing in your pictures! I cannot tell if you are so happy to be a newlywed or so excited to be in WDW ;) I cannot wait to read more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter