Dream 6688

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hi! We may have to move our Disney dream cruise to another week and my husband is set on a aft extended balcony. The only room they have available is 6688. I'm a little concerned since it is a low deck, we normally are on deck 9. Any thoughts? Has anyone stayed in this room?
Thanks

We had this room several years ago. The only thing I remember about it is that there was a large flag that was flown off the back of the ship when it was in port and it was loud as it was flapping in the wind. If you look at the deck plan, there is a small space between 6690 and 6192, this is the hallway to get back there to hang it.

If you aren’t in the room much it may not bother you, but we like to relax on the balcony in the afternoon or sometimes nap in the room so it was bothersome to us.

The flag was only flown when in port.

I've stayed in 6188 which is the same room just port side. It was a great room. Deck 6 on the Dream/Fantasy is actually the deck I stay on most.

We stayed in that stateroom a few years ago, on the Fantasy. It was one of our (non-concierge) preferred rooms. The room is a pretty standard veranda room. The bonus is the area on the veranda is a little longer. It allows you to have a real lounger out there not just the chairs. With the slope of the ship there is also enough overhang from above that you have some privacy. If you are out near the railing people can see you from above but as you walk back towards the room you are will not be visible but still be out on your veranda.

OP you mentioned the location. We had no problems with deck six. It was actually fine for us as we had one in the kids club so quickly down to five was easy. Heading up to the pools or cabanas did not seem to be an issue either. Actually being a few decks below the outdoor seating of cabanas was probably a good thing. The room is completely aft so it is a slightly further from the elevators and stairs but not horrible. (We were in an aft room on Ovation and their most aft elevators are further then the dream class aft elevators.). Someone mentioned the flag noise and I don’t recall that being an issue. The dream class, especially Fantasy, people talk about the vibration in the aft rooms. It didn’t seem to be much of an issue for use except when porting.

We have sailed in 6688 on the Dream twice. Love that location. We did hear the flag, but did not find it bothersome. Great wake view while sailing. It is not a full extended balcony, but it has more space than the regular balconies. We did not ask for a lounger, but one would fit.

We stayed in 6690 once. The flag was annoying, but not a show-stopper unless you spend a lot of time on your balcony while in port.. Obviously, this is not an issue when the ship is not docked.

thanks to everyone for all the detail- it sounds like a good room.
i'll be moving in next monday for a week, and can't wait :cool1:

I've stayed in 6188 which is the same room just port side. It was a great room. Deck 6 on the Dream/Fantasy is actually the deck I stay on most.

We stayed in 6188 on the Dream and loved it as well. I read about the flag but never noticed it making noise. We only noticed the engines when coming into port when they use their thrusters. In some ways it was nice as it got us up and going as we tend to sleep in.

I absolutely loved the view from the back of the ship. Just a unique experience to what you normally get being on the side of the ship. The hallways are crazy quiet too since no one needs to walk by your room to get to their room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter