Dream 4-night OR Fantasy 7-night ???

GrandCanyon

Mouseketeer
Here's my predicament: I can go four adults (2 adults, 2 college kids) in a 1-Bedroom Concierge on the Dream (already have Castaway Cay Cabana booked); OR I can change to a Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on the Fantasy.

Concerns: the one that's longer, is 300 square feet smaller ... I more than likely lose the Cabana ... I lose concierge perks (like choosing where I want to sit in dining, and other stuff), etc ...

Thoughts??? Does the Magic 1-Bedroom Concierge on the Magic measure up to Dream/Fantasy? . . .

I vote the Fantasy. I like the duration. The Dream will be too short to enjoy the boat and your room...IMO

GrandCanyon said:
Here's my predicament: I can go four adults (2 adults, 2 college kids) in a 1-Bedroom Concierge on the Dream (already have Castaway Cay Cabana booked); OR I can change to a Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on the Fantasy.

Concerns: the one that's longer, is 300 square feet smaller ... I more than likely lose the Cabana ... I lose concierge perks (like choosing where I want to sit in dining, and other stuff), etc ...

Thoughts??? Does the Magic 1-Bedroom Concierge on the Magic measure up to Dream/Fantasy? . . .

Fantasy. 7 regular vs. 4 concierge--you'll enjoy the extra 3 days more.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just got off the Fantasy in a Family Oceanview room (10098). I would much rather have a 7 day vacation than the benefits of concierge on a 4 day trip.

As for space in the room, we are a family of four, though our kids are much younger (5 and almost 2). Once we were unpacked and got the room organized, it never felt cramped. We also really didn't spend a lot of time in the room when we were all awake.

The cabana and concierge perks don't interest me personally. But I cannot imagine sharing a regular room with 3 other adults.

It will be thight for 7 days...

Have you looked into booking two rooms? An inside and an outside?

Tossing two cents in.....I'd go for the longer duration hands down, no contest. You're all family so you'll make it work, its not like you're sharing with another couple or something like that. Honestly the one bedroom isn't THAT much more comfortable arrangements than the family ocean view. The kids are still on pull outs or drop down beds. It just gets you a separate bedroom but again I think the extra days are more worth it.

Another vote for 7 nights.

You'll feel like you've just gotten settled when you have to get off the 4 night.

The 7 day gets our vote :thumbsup2 as well. We just did a 7 day in June with our college age DDs (22 & 20) and we booked adjoining rooms. Trust me they had a much better time having their own cabin. :cool1:

This is what I would do. If you can get the rooms across from each other you could all take advantage of the veranda when everyone was awake but ensure that everyone has comfortable sleeping arrangements.

I would choose the 7 nighter over the 4 nighter, i just dont really enjoy the 3-4 nighters as much. things happen so much quicker on the shorter cruises, give me the xtra days and nights to enjoy the cruise

4 days just aren't enough. Plus we just don't spend enough time in the cabin to justify concierge's cost.

Just got off the Fantasy in a Family Oceanview room (10098). I would much rather have a 7 day vacation than the benefits of concierge on a 4 day trip.

As for space in the room, we are a family of four, though our kids are much younger (5 and almost 2). Once we were unpacked and got the room organized, it never felt cramped. We also really didn't spend a lot of time in the room when we were all awake.

I have a 5 and 3 year old and will be on this ship in Feb for 7 nights. How did your kids do with the clubs? Were you able to get any downtime? Any other good advice for traveling with kids those ages, thanks!!:wave2:

7 day Fantasy....LOVE, LOVE, LOVED THE FANTASY!! Such a gorgeous ship!!!
4 days is too short!!

MJ

I have a 5 and 3 year old and will be on this ship in Feb for 7 nights. How did your kids do with the clubs? Were you able to get any downtime? Any other good advice for traveling with kids those ages, thanks!!:wave2:

My kids were your kids ages on our last cruise. DCL is hands down our fave vacation with kids at this age. We love WDW, but lets face it - its "work" for the parents! We get plenty of downtime as adults on the ship bc our kids LOVE the clubs and never want to leave. So we are often able to enjoy a kid free dinner or a leisurely stroll while they have fun in the club. You will be hooked!

I would choose the longer trip. However, concierge and cabanas don't really interest me. I really don't think you spend enough time in the room to worry about the space issue, however if it is a big factor you could look into booking an inside and an outside room as another poster mentioned.

I would go with 7 nights on Fantasy instead of 4 nights on the Dream. However, I'd strongly urge you to price out 2 staterooms. They give very little discount for 3rd and 4th passengers, so you might be able to get 2 staterooms, maybe a lower category, or one stateroom of a lower category, with very little difference in cost. It would be so nice to have 2 staterooms. While I'm sure it's nice to have concierge, like the others, I'd much prefer a longer cruise, and 2 staterooms. Then again, I'm not the sort of person who sits out at the beach all day, so a cabana would be wasted on me (plus, I'd never spend the money!), and I'm not that worried about where I sit at dinner, etc. Guess you need to think about what will best suit the needs of your family. Good luck, and happy cruising!

If we change to the Fantasy, we give up Concierge (there aren't any left), but we will get two Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah cabins -- for just a total of $311 more. On other cruises we've been on, we were always in each other's room the anyway. That's why I had booked the 1-Bedroom Concierge on the Dream. That said, I figured out that if we keep my wife and I in the Concierge, and put the adult kids in the highest non-Concierge cabin, that it is actually cheaper ... so 900 square feet for cheaper than 600 square feet. HOWEVER, I'm not sure how that would mess up our ability to keep our Concierge choice of seating place with a mixed table (Concierge/Non-Concierge) ... or even if they would do it.

On another note, I never really heard from anyone on the difference between 1-Bedroom Concierge on Magic compared with Wonder ... thoughts?

In the scenario you describe, your children would not be able to join you in the concierge lounge (well, they aren't supposed to let them in) or deck, but you could probably still get access to a cabana (if available) which would be for your whole group, and reservations, dining assignment, etc. for your entire party if the reservations are linked. I don't think they could have the tender priority, though (if you would be doing a Western itinerary).

Can't help you with Wonder vs Magic concierge. Maybe someone else here can answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter