Drawn to Life

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a less park heavy trip Sept 1 -10 with my daughter and step son (both 30+), staying at the Poly.

Looking at doing the Cirque du Soleil show Drawn to Life at DS, but I'm not finding a lot of recent reviews. Trip Advisor has some but they are mostly comparing it to other Cirque shows. Have you seen it? Did you love it? Any recommendations for seats? Should I be posting this question somewhere else?
Thanks, y'all.:daisy:

I’m going to guess the main WDW forum on here might be a better place to ask. As for seats I did the “upper level” very first row in the center. The upper level isn’t very high but I felt gives a much better view to the stage and saves money. Bonus points if you sit in the area that only have 4 seats (next to the stairs) as it’s more secluded and you won’t have people coming in and out during the show.

As for the show itself I did enjoy it. Had I never seen another Cirque show I would have thought it was amazing. It’s much slower and less action driven than the others I’ve seen (Ka and O) but had the story substance to it (similar level of story to O). It’s just more family oriented with its purpose. I also wouldn’t say Ka was amazing as aside it just was more action packed but the story made no sense.

If you’ve never seen a Cirque show and not easy to go somewhere to see another (or have the ability to see O) I would definitely say you won’t be disappointed.

We saw it in April and enjoyed it, but have nothing to compare it to since we have never seen another Cirque Show. Thought it was a nice change of pace from the parks and other shows at WDW. I believe you can get a DVC discount on the tickets.

We saw it in January and enjoyed it very much. We’ve seen Beatles Love (and enjoyed that too) and I’d say that with Drawn to Life it was much easier to understand that there was a story and to follow the story. As always at Cirque du Soleil, the performers were amazing. We went on a Sunday afternoon and booked Category 3 seats. We had a great view, could see everything, but I will comment that the seats were a bit narrow (we’re Pooh-sized), and there was almost no knee room, so we were glad we were at the inside end of the row and didn’t need to exit until the show was over.

PS we had MK reserved that day, so I bought a SDMT ILL$ (with an evening window) and Genie+ that morning and stacked LLs all day, so when we got to MK around 4 we had several rides already scheduled.

I've seen it twice and loved it both times. I've been to other Cirque shows and this one does not have as much acrobatics. The story is rather touching and had me thinking a lot about the past. You will enjoy it I'm sure.
If you look at the arena map there are 2 sections with only 4 seats. Each is off center of the stage and next to the entrance ramp. The 4 seats in the front of these sections is where we we're. Great view with no-one in front of you. One of the seats was sect 202 row j seat 14

We saw Drawn to Life last September and really enjoyed it, enough so that we're treating our son, his cousins, and their spouses to the show in a few weeks. As others have said, it is a slower pace when compared to many Cirque productions but the storyline is very warm and engaging. We were in the front row which had some pros and cons. I enjoyed seeing the small details in the set and the costumes and the facial expressions of the performers, but you do loose a little of the dramatic impact of some acrobatics.

I saw it prior to the recently added acts and I actually did compare it to La Nouba which I saw twice. The story was sweet and all in all it was a great show, but no where as good as La Nouba in my opinion. I'll wait a while before I see it again, in hopes that they continue to improve it. You should go, you'll enjoy it.

I saw it prior to the recently added acts and I actually did compare it to La Nouba which I saw twice. The story was sweet and all in all it was a great show, but no where as good as La Nouba in my opinion. I'll wait a while before I see it again, in hopes that they continue to improve it. You should go, you'll enjoy it.

I concur with this synopsis. This is exactly what I would have written.

It’s not Vegas level but it’s very good. We saw it this past NYE, the kids were entertained. I thought the story was “moving”.

As mentioned above, it is a good show, and if you have never seen a Cirque show before it is definitely worth the experience. Its problem is the one mentioned above for those of us who go back in time -- the previous Cirque show at Disney Springs, La Nouba, a fantastic presentation which ran for 19 years (1998 to 2017), was better.

it is a slower pace when compared to many Cirque productions but the storyline is very warm and engaging
for disney fans. I’d venture those not as invested would find it a bit slow.
It’s not Vegas level but it’s very good. We saw it this past NYE, the kids were entertained. I thought the story was “moving”.
Having seen most of theIr shows in Vegas (KA my favorite), will say the technical/production value is a step down in my mind.

i wasn’t wow’d but, had an enjoyable evening Introduction GD to her first Cirque show.

another personal preference: it’s a relatively small theater, I prefer seating there in top, middle section In order to catch it all.

I had never seen a Cirque show before, and I was not pleased as so many here were.. It didn’t seem that the acrobatics were connected to the story. I mildly enjoyed it.

Before we had gotten in the theater, I had a bad experience as an usher wanted me to leave my walker outside. We had paid for what we thought were HA seats, we had spoken to someone, so this was upsetting to me. It turns out my walker could be accommodated as we had been told, but my experience was definitely spoiled.

ITA with drusba--go if you are not a Cirque veteran because it is a good show but suffers by comparison to its predecessor. JMHO but Drawn to Life lacks that magical feeling that La Nouba had. I also felt that the mix and pace of the the individual acts was better suited to Walt Disney World. Hoping that Drawn will evolve over time.

We are going this Saturday. Will come back with an update when we get back from our trip.

How is the show for kids?

I want to try it next August and my granddaughter will be 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter