Dowtown Disney Resort

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anybody has stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Downtown Disney. We are cashing in some Hilton Honor points and staying there for three nights for free. We have a 3 adults and two children. Are the suites roomy? Do they have a refriderator, microwave, hair dryer??? Does anyone have any horror stories for this hotel. It feels too easy to just sign up for free. I know it won't be our favorite place Port Orleans, but I am hoping to still get a disney feel.

Also, found a pretty decent rate for a cousin who is coming up to meet us at the Grosvenor Resort which is across from us. Any comments on that place. The rate was 104.00 a night. Is that good for a standard room?

Any information would be helpful.

Welcome to the DIS!

I'm copying this thread to the Orlando-area Hotels Board, too. You may get more responses.

:)

I haven't stayed at the Doubletree in Downtown Disney.

BUT, I have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott there, as well as a Doubletree Suites in Manhattan.

If you're looking for the Disney feel, you really won't find it here.

But if this one is ANYTHING like the Doubletree in Manhattan, it's WONDERFUL!!! Lots of space!!!! Lots of amenities too.

Here's a link to all of the amenities:
http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/accommodations_detail_ste.jhtml?ctyhocn=MCOFHDT

Like I said, I can't speak from personal experience about the one in orlando, but I would stay there in a HEARTBEAT based on my experiences with the one in New York.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter