Downtown Disney

Shuttle Fan

Mouseketeer
Will be visiting Florida for our 3rd time in August. We have never been to Downtown Disney. Have 2 children - is it worth a visit? Have looked on the Disney website and it mentions the Boardwalk. Is this at Downtown Disney also? Would welcome your comments.

The Boardwalk is a Disney Resort Hotel next to Epcot (reachable through the International Gateway).

We liked Downtown Disney - there are some great shops, including the Disney Christmas shop, and the biggest Disney Store you can imagine. There are also some great places to eat :)

The Boardwalk and Downtown Disney are in two entirely different areas. The Boardwalk is located at the back/side gate to Epcot, I think it's called the International Gateway or something like that, it's located in the UK. It's a neat stroll reminiscent of the Atlantic Boardwalk in Jersey. The Boardwalk Hotel/Villas and the Yacht and Beach Club Hotel/Villas are on the boardwalk. It's a fun place to be at dusk and in the evening when they have all sorts of entertainment (jugglers, hand wax molds, magic shows, etc.). You can also rent bikes to ride on the boardwalk. There are some great eats along the walk too, my fav is Beaches and Cream, which is really back by the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club, but it's definitely worth a walk through the pool area to get there. Best burgers and shakes at WDW.

Downtown Disney is also a really neat place. They've just opened a new toy store there which is worth a look. Of course there's also the biggest Disney store in the world, which has to be seen to be believed. There's a cool lego store too. The kids won't get bored there, too much to see and do.

I'd hit both places if I were you. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your comments. I'd love to go them both. We'll be staying off-site so will we still be able to visit the Boardwalk?

Yes....... we stayed off-site and just follow the signs at WDW for the Boardwalk. You can park up and just walk onto it. We like to go there on our first night. It's beautiful all lit up at night and the entertainment is great.

Children will also love Downtown Disney, plenty to look at and see, without spending money. The children will love all the lego shop and the station outside with lots of lego to play with and the huge lego models all around to give them inspiration.

Happy holiday.

Ann.

I agree that both places would be great for the whole family to visit (and you don't need a park ticket for either of them ;) ).

We find that DD can get very crowded during the evening, so I'd suggest visiting earlier in the day if possible. I've never seen Boardwalk very busy.

We make a point to visit Downtown Disney every trip - just for the ice cream at Ghirardellis. It is to die for!!;)

First visit to Boardwalk this year and we found it more relaxed than Downtown Disney. Our DD aged 6 loved the street entertainers on the Boardwalk and we had a great meal at Spoodles. I woud reccomend it if you fancy a stroll one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter