Downtown Disney to the parks

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Does Disney run direct busses between DTD and the parks? If so, what are the operating hours? Thanks!

No, no direct buses from DD to the theme parks. However, you can use the Contemporary bus to/from the Magic Kingdom, Boardwalk bus for Epcot/World Showcase and the Studios (transfer to boat at BW). In some cases the fastest trip can be made by just hopping on the first resort bus to come along, and changing buses at that resort (though I'd avoid AK Lodge and All-Star buses for transfers, since these resorts are off in the wrong direction from DD).

Just wanted to share my experience with the buses at Downtown Disney:

My DH and I were shopping in the marketplace in the late afternoon and decided to go directly to the Poly Resort for our O'hana dinner. Well, we waited 1 hour for a bus to ANY resort (GF, PR, CR) in that direction! DH finally asked a driver of an All Stars bus what was going on. The driver said the buses don't run too frequently during the day between Downtown Disney and that the buses are dispatched according to volume of guests at the resort. Therefore, we saw pleaty of buses to the All Stars and none for the monorail resorts.

Since then, we NEVER go to Downtown Disney in the daytime.

From DTD you can get to the TTC and then go from there

Also after 3pm you can go from MGM to DTD and I also think you can return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter