• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney restaurant reservations

Stitchwitch

Earning My Ears
I’m assuming reservations are needed for the Downtown Disney table service restaurants. DH really wants to go to Ballast Point but sadly I’m not finding any availability on Open Table or thru Disney Dining for our dates in August. Do they ever take walk ups? We’d prefer to do either a late or early lunch.

Ballast Point doesn't take reservations, at least not through disney website.
See the restaurants that do:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney-district/#/reservations-accepted/
Ballast Point should take walkups no problem, however the lines can be long.

Also, unless you are going during a specific busy time/day, you probably don't need a reservation to most Downtown Disney restaurants, although it doesn't hurt for the ones that offer them.

I did notice that you can make a reservation on their website:
https://www.ballastpoint.com/location/ballast-point-anaheim/

I’m assuming reservations are needed for the Downtown Disney table service restaurants. DH really wants to go to Ballast Point but sadly I’m not finding any availability on Open Table or thru Disney Dining for our dates in August. Do they ever take walk ups? We’d prefer to do either a late or early lunch.
I booked a reservation there for our August trip a couple of weeks ago through Open Table. I was surprised at how few reservations were left for our date. I wanted a 7pm and there were only 8 and 9pm reservations available. I've checked every day to modify for an earlier time and everything is gone for our date now. I hope you find reservation and/or able to get in as a walk up!

Yes book Ballast Point via Open Table. We just went this weekend, and I was able to book a lunch reservation for Sunday but I booked it over a month in advance. I kept trying to change it, and I never saw a single reservation open for any time on the three days of our trip. We ended up going there as a walk up on the arrival night (Last Friday) around 9pm. There was only one open table on the upstairs seat-yourself patio, but there were tables open inside the restaurant to be had. We wanted to sit outside so we did the patio. Patio, you order at the bar (food and beverage) and they bring it to your table. Inside has traditional table service. My DH enjoyed the beer flight. Food selection was limited but what we had was pretty decent.

Since the food was not great, we ended up cancelling the Sunday lunch reservation after all, so someone got a reservation last minute from that hopefully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter