Downsizing a dining party

Lisa Warner

Forever Disney
Due to an illness in the family, my husband may have to fly down a day later than my DD and I. We have two dining reservations our first day. (BOG for breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for supper). Our current reservation is for 3 people. What happens is if only two show up?
Also will this mess up our DDP? I'm guessing we will still have the same number of credits.

Last edited:
I don't think you are penalized if one member of your party doesn't make it, as long as most of you do. I'm sure it happens often that one member of a group is not feeling well or just exhausted and takes a break in the room.

As for credits, unless you actually take him off your reservation, you will still have them. They are not assigned by individual, just lumped into one account.

I had a reservation for 7 at Via Napoli when my family decided they didn't want to stop touring EPCOT to eat. I was the only who ate and there no penalty for the other 6.

Due to an illness in the family, my husband may have to fly down a day later than my DD and I. We have two dining reservations our first day. (BOG for breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for supper). Our current reservation is for 3 people. What happens is if only two show up?
Also will this mess up our DDP? I'm guessing we will still have the same number of credits.
As long as you 'honor' your reservation by arriving to the podium with at least one person, there will not be any fee assessed.

You will be fine showing up with two. There is no penalty as long as someone shows up. If your DH isn't there, you will just end up with one extra QS credit and one extra TS credit to use at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter