Downloading and editing photos from Memory Maker

Amy11401

DIS Veteran
Oh my....I am trying to edit and download photos from our Disney trip a couple of weeks ago on Memory Maker. It is being so slooooooow! When I try to click on a specific photo it never shows up....just spins. Is it always this slow?

That happened to me 2 weeks ago, but for the last few days when I click to see my photos it just thinks and thinks and won't even go to the photos at all. I'm going to have to call if it doesn't resolve soon so we don't go past the deadline...

Sadly MM takes forever to download. And now with the website?app issues it's even worse. I would call and ask for an extention

For us our photopass photos from the wine and dine expo downloaded within an hour I’m still trying to edit/save race photos from earlier

Let me clarify our situation: All of our photos are there - we've seen all of them. But trying to add the frames/stickers to the pics was taking forever, so we quit and decided to try again later. But now it won't even go to the photos page.

Sadly MM takes forever to download. And now with the website?app issues it's even worse. I would call and ask for an extention
Luckily I have until the end of the month to download them. But if it gets closer to that date and I am still having these problems then I will need to call for an extension.

Clear your cache on your computer (history, cookies, etx.) And try again. I think it took me two weeks to finish editing our pictures and ugh, so many "errors" when trying to find them. Their site is just blah!!

Sadly, the Disney World website is a mess. This is not unusual behavior for it.

Just to ask a generic Memory Maker question since this is the most recent post about it:

I have an annual pass and I can see all my photo pass and ride photos on the website, but what does memory maker actually allow me to do? Edit and download just as you described? I feel like photo pass and memory maker are sort of the same but not at all the same if that makes sense haha. Jsut trying to figure out what the annual pass actually got me :)

Just to ask a generic Memory Maker question since this is the most recent post about it:

I have an annual pass and I can see all my photo pass and ride photos on the website, but what does memory maker actually allow me to do? Edit and download just as you described? I feel like photo pass and memory maker are sort of the same but not at all the same if that makes sense haha. Jsut trying to figure out what the annual pass actually got me :)

If you have an AP, you don’t need MM. Basically everything is the same as MM but better, because every photo stays in your account for one year and 30 days, even if you don’t renew your AP.

I wish there was an easy way to delete them all after the download. Since we are AP, ours remain on the website for longer than we need and I am forced to delete them to keep them from commingling with the next trip and causing me major confusion on which trip I am downloading. Unless someone has found another way--it is delete one at at time which is tedious AND when MDE is acting wonky (most of the time), it takes forever to delete the photos. :headache:

Hi all,

We just got back from our first WDW trip on Friday, 11/16. I "activated" the photos on 11/17, which I believe is what removed the watermark from the pics. On my laptop, I tried downloading all of the pictures (forget editing and trying to add frames or crop, that was nearly impossible, as I kept getting error messages and the page kept closing). When it was finished, I ended up having 5 different folders of "zipped" files. When trying to open them to view and then send to Walgreens or Costco to print, I keep getting a "file is damaged" alert. SMH
So do I have 6 days from the 17th to get them all downloaded to my pc or flashdrive before they disappear from MDE?
This has been such a hassle I wish I would've just had pix taken with my phone. I don't know if all of this is user error or just typical of the website. I'm getting nervous though.

Hi all,

We just got back from our first WDW trip on Friday, 11/16. I "activated" the photos on 11/17, which I believe is what removed the watermark from the pics. On my laptop, I tried downloading all of the pictures (forget editing and trying to add frames or crop, that was nearly impossible, as I kept getting error messages and the page kept closing). When it was finished, I ended up having 5 different folders of "zipped" files. When trying to open them to view and then send to Walgreens or Costco to print, I keep getting a "file is damaged" alert. SMH
So do I have 6 days from the 17th to get them all downloaded to my pc or flashdrive before they disappear from MDE?
This has been such a hassle I wish I would've just had pix taken with my phone. I don't know if all of this is user error or just typical of the website. I'm getting nervous though.

Each photo should have a notation that says something like “available for download until [date]” and the date should be 45 days from when the photo was taken. And you have 30 days from the date of the first download to finish downloading them, so if you didn’t download any until 11/17 you should have until 12/16 (12/17? - not sure!) to finish downloading them, as long as none have reached the 45 day limit.

As far as downloading, whenever I try the Download All function I get a warning that it might take 2 hours or more, so I don’t do it that way. I start with MK, open each photo one at a time, click to download that photo and go to the next. When I finish MK, I click the My Downloads button and then navigate to the Downloads folder on my PC and drag and drop that group of photos to the final folder in my Pictures file. (I’m using Chrome on Windows 10, BTW). Then I get the photos from Epcot, DHS and AK one park at a time the same way.

Yes, it’s a pain to do this way, but that way I make sure I get all the photos I want and that they download correctly.

I was having issues with photo pass a couple of years ago and the support people recommended using Chrome. They were very helpful trying to recover photos that disappeared, and providing a time extension to download the photos. Give them a call if you are having difficulties.

Another tip - if you want to edit a photo, make a copy first, then edit the copy not the original. If you mess it up, you still have the original. Make another copy...

Don't let the '2 hours or more' download time scare you. I was able to queue multiple downloads and let the computers process the requests when they could. I think the two hour warning is for dial up lines.

This may not be for everyone, but when we get done editing our pix in Photo Pass, if we have memory maker, we just order the archive disc for $30. Its worth it, imho.

I had an issue this year when I used the "download all" function. I looked through the photos a few weeks later and realized that some pictures I had remembered taking and seeing on the website didn't download. I was past the expiration date of my photos, but luckily, I was able to contact photo pass and they gave me another week to download again. I did it manually the second time and got them all. So just a word of warning: "download all" might not actually download them all, so double check before your expiration date!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter