• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doughnies at the Fort

Part-Time Paradise

Is it camping season yet?
Hey Fam,

My gang are suckers for doughnuts, or doughnies as DS used to call them when he was a squirt. On many long trips I'll wake up early before everyone else and run out for doughnuts for breakfast. I've looked all over for places on property and off for a good doughny within striking distance of the Fort. All I can find is some Dunkins or Joffrey's but nothing else that's remotely close enough to drive to and back early in the morning for breakfast. Is there some local bakery that I just haven't found in my research?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Kinda crazy, but there isn't a local bakery close to The World.

Dunkin', Krispy Kreme and as you mention Joffrey's are close. But the independent bakeries are farther away. I found Donut Man in Winter Haven by accident a couple of years ago while driving back to The Fort from a day trip to Tampa. Amazing donuts but it's 30 minutes out so not pertinent here.

I happen to love Dunkin' so that's where I head when staying in The World.

A donut place just opened in Disney Springs, Everglazed Donuts and Cold Brew.

I saw an article today that they're making sandwiches, specifically grilled cheese, with donuts as the bun. There were some very violent reactions for and against. Might need to watch this place.

Kinda crazy, but there isn't a local bakery close to The World.

Dunkin', Krispy Kreme and as you mention Joffrey's are close. But the independent bakeries are farther away. I found Donut Man in Winter Haven by accident a couple of years ago while driving back to The Fort from a day trip to Tampa. Amazing donuts but it's 30 minutes out so not pertinent here.

I happen to love Dunkin' so that's where I head when staying in The World.

Hour round trip at 5:30 in the morning probably not in the cards, but we shall see. I'm not ANTI-Dunkin/Krispy Kreme, but local joints are usually so much better. If I'm going to blow a ton of calories on fried dough and sugar, I want it to be worth it.

Hour round trip at 5:30 in the morning probably not in the cards, but we shall see. I'm not ANTI-Dunkin/Krispy Kreme, but local joints are usually so much better. If I'm going to blow a ton of calories on fried dough and sugar, I want it to be worth it.
I'm with ya! I wish there was a local place nearby, too.

I saw an article today that they're making sandwiches, specifically grilled cheese, with donuts as the bun. There were some very violent reactions for and against. Might need to watch this place.
This concept was pitched on Shark Tank a few years ago. It was for a fast food restaurant that made grilled cheese sandwiches with glazed donuts as the bread and they served tomato soup also. I think it was called "Tomato and Chee." I have to admit I was intrigued so I tried making these on my own. They were pretty good but pretty hideous as well. I imagine this is the perfect end-of-a-late-night-of-partying kind of snack.
The Big E (New England's regional fair) has been serving something called the Craz-E Burger for years now. It is a hamburger that uses a glazed donut as the bun. I have not tried these but the thing that turns me off about them is that I think I would get all my fingers sticky with glaze trying to eat it. Maybe they serve it with some kind of wrapper.

Many on You Tube have visited Everglazed and love their donuts.

Holy smokes! Just looked at hours and menu for Everglazed. Their regular donuts are $4.50 a pop. These are the prices at my favorite donut place:
If you order a half dozen they usually throw an extra donut in for good measure. I guess it is the Mouse though. Got to add a 40% surcharge for the magic on it.

Holy smokes! Just looked at hours and menu for Everglazed. Their regular donuts are $4.50 a pop. These are the prices at my favorite donut place:
View attachment 552114
If you order a half dozen they usually throw an extra donut in for good measure. I guess it is the Mouse though. Got to add a 40% surcharge for the magic on it.
Check out Tim Tracker's You Tube review - if I remember correctly, the doughnuts/donuts are huge!

View attachment 552114

That is crazy cheap for donuts now. Even the local grocery stores charge more then that for their crap donuts now.

That is crazy cheap for donuts now. Even the local grocery stores charge more then that for their crap donuts now.

Yes and they are amazing. The other donut spot chain in town is dying since this place opened about 2 years ago.

Voodoo doughnuts at City Walk: https://www.voodoodoughnut.com/locations/orlando-florida-universal-resort/

I am a huge doughnut fan but there was a line and we were tired from being in the parks all day. Always great reviews.
I'll check it out.

This concept was pitched on Shark Tank a few years ago. It was for a fast food restaurant that made grilled cheese sandwiches with glazed donuts as the bread and they served tomato soup also. I think it was called "Tomato and Chee." I have to admit I was intrigued so I tried making these on my own. They were pretty good but pretty hideous as well. I imagine this is the perfect end-of-a-late-night-of-partying kind of snack.
The Big E (New England's regional fair) has been serving something called the Craz-E Burger for years now. It is a hamburger that uses a glazed donut as the bun. I have not tried these but the thing that turns me off about them is that I think I would get all my fingers sticky with glaze trying to eat it. Maybe they serve it with some kind of wrapper.

There used to be one near us! It's called Tom & Chee. I never tried the donut grilled cheese, but some of the other wacky ones were pretty good. Their soup is fantastic. You could get a little cup to dip your sandwich in.

I actually look forward to the Joffrey’s donuts when we get down there...so, that is where I always get donuts at Disney....

If you really like donuts, avoid VooDoo. Expensive and stale, unless you get lucky and order one they just made. They are known for having a huge variety of weird, specialty donuts. Trouble is, they sit around for longer. For those prices, they should be able to toss anything sitting for more than 3 hours.

I 2nd the above opinion on voodoo, I've tried it and we weren't impressed. They are fancy with all kinds of toppings but stale tasting, even early in the morning.

The best, imo, is the lard lad giant pink donut they sell in the Simpson's area at Universal. They also sell them at the stores at the front of the parks but I'm not sure if there is anywhere outside the parks to get them, and even citywalk you'll have to pay almost 30 bucks just to park. Not worth a special trip but if you have a day at Universal planned, then they are worth picking up! It's one of our must do's every trip, but I'm an annual passholder at UO.

View attachment 552114

Our local shop is also Donut Palace!!

I 2nd the above opinion on voodoo, I've tried it and we weren't impressed. They are fancy with all kinds of toppings but stale tasting, even early in the morning.

The best, imo, is the lard lad giant pink donut they sell in the Simpson's area at Universal. They also sell them at the stores at the front of the parks but I'm not sure if there is anywhere outside the parks to get them, and even citywalk you'll have to pay almost 30 bucks just to park. Not worth a special trip but if you have a day at Universal planned, then they are worth picking up! It's one of our must do's every trip, but I'm an annual passholder at UO.

On the Pink Lard, I read somewhere that the Pink Lard is made by a local donut shop. I didn't pay attention to the name since our next trip is onsite. But, maybe if the OP found who that was, she could go there. Even if they don't sell the giant versions in their store, the taste would be the same.

There used to be one near us! It's called Tom & Chee. I never tried the donut grilled cheese, but some of the other wacky ones were pretty good. Their soup is fantastic. You could get a little cup to dip your sandwich in.

I have to admit that I'm a big fan of fat and sugar. I tried the doughnut grilled cheese and even I thought it was a bit much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter