Double strollers at HoJo?

sukhakuli

<font color=darkorchid>I guess I'm funny like that
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience, or if maybe different buildings or floors have wider doors?

We're here now (and having an absolutely fabulous vacation). This is our first stay at the HoJo, and we really like the hotel, except for one pretty major issue. Our double stroller won't fit through the door. We've had this stroller for 9 years, and have never had this problem aside from a couple of doors on Main Street. We've taken it all over the country, multiple hotels, shopping, museums, subways, you name it. It always fits. But it won't go through the door at this hotel. We have to fold it and turn it on one end to get it through the door. We're in a queen room, and with the vanity right by the door, getting it in is a huge hassle.

Do other rooms have wider doors?

All in all we like the hotel; the waterpark is great, the staff is great, the walk is great. It's just the doors.

We had the same problem. Ours was a Baby Trend double jogger. I had to collapse it to get it in the main hallway door as well as the room door. Kind of inconvenient, but oh well. We will still return to that hotel!

What stroller do you have? We're staying at the HOJO in October and have a City Mini double booked.

We were in building 1 and had to half fold (there's a two-step collapsing process) our BOB Duallie to get it through the door. I always fold it up at home, too, so it wasn't a big deal to me... but if my kiddos had been young enough to be sleep in the stroller and I had to wake them I might have been a little more irked, lol!

We were in the 2 story buildings and though we didn't have a double stroller we did have electric scooters with us and those fit through the door. Not sure how the size compares.

We have a Chariot Cougar 2. It's the same width as a standard wheelchair, so pretty much every modern door is large enough to accommodate it. It even fit through the DCA gates before they widened them. But there's no way it's going through these doors. Every night when we get back to the hotel we have kids zonkered out in the stroller, which we have to wake up and move, and then get our stuff out of it, so we can fold it, and then muscle it up-ended through the door. It's been a major issue.

Other than that, we like the hotel, and we've been having a great trip! I can't believe how low the crowds are this week! Yesterday dh and the kids and MIL rode Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, BTMRR, Indiana Jones, PoTC, and Splash all by 10 am.

We're also here now at the Hojo and while we don't have a double stroller, my youngest uses a wheelchair for DL trips and there's no issue with it fitting through the door. We're in the building with rooms overlooking the quiet pool in the back.

Ah man, I hate that! We had a double jogger that wouldn't fit into the door at the AllStars in FL. We'd have to open the door all the way, but then the bed would be in the way. Had to collapse it everytime. So inconvenient.

But the worst was at MK. Their old gates were too narrow for the double jogger to roll through. I'd actually have to pick it up and lift it over the gate. My torn labrum is all of the sudden making sense.

Just curious...when you say it won't fit through the door, do you mean the door to your room? Or a main entry door to a building? I have never been to HoJo's, but we will be there the end of August. I don't know how it is all set up. We are trying to decide what stroller to bring (one of them is a Bob Dualie). If we have to carry two sleeping kids, plus the stroller, from an outside door to the room that would make our decision for us ;).

A question for everyday use.. Do you have to collapse it usually when you are out or do you wheel it into your house open? If its as wide as a wheelchair then an accessible room might be an option for those that don't want to collapse the stroller before entry.
If its wider than a wheelchair I think its expecting a lot to have doorways wide enough to fit specific types of strollers.

Just curious...when you say it won't fit through the door, do you mean the door to your room? Or a main entry door to a building? I have never been to HoJo's, but we will be there the end of August. I don't know how it is all set up. We are trying to decide what stroller to bring (one of them is a Bob Dualie). If we have to carry two sleeping kids, plus the stroller, from an outside door to the room that would make our decision for us ;).
The door to the room. And they are so narrow, it's not even close. The front desk lady said they hear this complaint a lot.
A question for everyday use.. Do you have to collapse it usually when you are out or do you wheel it into your house open? If its as wide as a wheelchair then an accessible room might be an option for those that don't want to collapse the stroller before entry.
If its wider than a wheelchair I think its expecting a lot to have doorways wide enough to fit specific types of strollers.

We've never had to fold it to enter a door before. Ever. I actually use it to bring the groceries in from my car to the kitchen because it is a long walk from the garage, through the courtyard, to the kitchen. It fits in the front door all the way to the kitchen. It fits fine through every public door. This is the first time we have encountered this in a public building.

I really don't want to take a handicapped room for a stroller. We won't need a double forever, so once we don't need it anymore, we will consider the HoJo again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter