Double Stroller rental questions

ilovevacation

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I have 2 questions about stroller rental. We typically take our own stroller but we now have 2 kids but no need for a double at home so I am trying to figure out rentals.

We will be staying at the Dolphin so I don't need to worry about using Scotterbug or being there to meet the delivery

The kids- 5 yo that is 44 in/40ish lb and a 2 month old ( I realize we are crazy 🤣) so we need something that lies flat

1. All of the rental companies offer Citimini and the GT. They don't seem very different except for the adjustable handle. The price difference is minimal but I don't want to spend it if we don't need too

2. What stroller company? There are so many, my mind is spinning. I realize this is a YMMV situation but has anyone had amazing or terrible experiences?

Thank you!

Have not personally used but have seen good reviews for babyquip. But you rent from an individual so have to check their reviews/number of rentals done. They may have some other options in terms of types of strollers or doubles with car seat adaptors for the baby

The wheels are also different on the gt vs the regular city mini.... with the weights of your kids I don't think it will matter. We just rented a gt thru Orlando stroller rentals and had a great experience. They had the best price for the stroller/dates we needed compared to some of the other companies.

We just rented through magic kingdom strollers and had a great experience. The double does drop down individually for naps. They were very prompt. We also rented a crib from them. It was very easy to set up.

Have not personally used but have seen good reviews for babyquip. But you rent from an individual so have to check their reviews/number of rentals done. They may have some other options in terms of types of strollers or doubles with car seat adaptors for the baby
I have never heard of them. I will look into it, thank you!

The wheels are also different on the gt vs the regular city mini.... with the weights of your kids I don't think it will matter. We just rented a gt thru Orlando stroller rentals and had a great experience. They had the best price for the stroller/dates we needed compared to some of the other companies.
Super helpful. thank you!

We just rented through magic kingdom strollers and had a great experience. The double does drop down individually for naps. They were very prompt. We also rented a crib from them. It was very easy to set up.
Great to hear. Thanks so much!

We have always rented through Kingdom Strollers and get their City Mini GT for the double. It's very easy to maneuver, fold up and is lightweight. If you are bringing your own car seat, you can purchase adapters for the stroller on Amazon too.

Thank you all for your help. I did decide to get the GT. I went with Orlando strollers as they were a little cheaper for our dates. I ended up changing resorts shortly after I booked the stroller and they replied promptly to my email and updated my reservation. So far, so good. I'm will update once we return home.

Just a quick update on the stroller. We had a great experience with Orlando Strollers. We had flight delays due to weather and ended up shifting our stay by one day. I contacted the company and they said no problem. It was easy to text them and get an immediate response. The city mini GT double worked great for our crew. The stroller clearly had a lot of miles on it. Some of the paint was scratched and the fabric worn with a near hole by the foot rest but it didn't effect function at all. You had to look close to see it. Overall it was a great experience and I would happily use them again.

We have used Kingdom Strollers for the past 3 visits and my sister picked whichever could hold a larger kid. My nieces are very tall for their age so that was a big deciding factor.
Other than that Kingdom Strollers has good selection, good price and delivered straight to hotel. You do have to meet them to pick up & drop off.

They also have add-ons as needed too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter