Double Stroller on the MONORAIL

dkfogt

Mouseketeer
Here is my double stroller - the side by side Baby Trend Trendsport

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...34/sr=1-21/ref=sr_1_79_21/102-3100401-1909740

Love the Stroller - not the easiest to fold up and such, but my 9 mo and 3 yo DDs can both nap in it..... and to give you some more info, it's just my husband and I and our 3 girls - 10,3,9 mo. [I would rather push one stroller than two, but if 2 reclining umbrellas would work much better............someone tell me where to get ones with long enough handles!!!!!!]

Does anyone have experience with this stroller, or a similar side by side on the monorail? We are staying at the Contemporary in early February. I think it is too wide to push on the regular "cars"....... Someone tell me otherwise!! LOL

Thanks for the input.

I don't have experience with your particular stroller, but we had a Kolcraft reclining double (side-by-side) umbrella stroller one trip and we had to fold it to get on the monorail. I've seen other posts where people were allowed to enter the handicapped car (provided there is room, of course) without folding the stroller and we tried that, but the CM made us fold it. I decided then that I would bring our double (front to back) for the next trip because it was such a pain to take the girls out (as well as all the STUFF we had with us) and fold the stroller and we never were asked to fold the front to back. As far as being in the parks, the side by side was a lot easier and both kids got had a "front row seat" but for the mere inconvenience of folding it alone, I'd prefer the front to back. Just my $.02. Good luck whatever you decide and enjoy your trip.

We have been to the poly several times and found that with 2 tots the tandem
strollers work best. The kids can fall asleep at night and they can be pushed right
on the mono rail without waking. I don't think any of the double wides would fit

From what I remember, the door of the monorail wheelchair car has 2 parts. One part is the same size as the door on the other monorail cars. That part opens up automatically like the other doors. The other part is opened up by the CM. I don't think a side by side double stroller would fit on without being folded up even with the second part of the door open.

We have always pushed our double wide stroller onto the handicapped monorail car as long as 1. There are no handicapped folks waiting and 2. As long as its not mass exodus at closing time.
You could always walk to Contemporary from magic kingdom if kids are sleeping and the momorails are busy at closing time. (you might even get there more quickly :) )

The CM's are not supposed to let you bring a stroller unfolded into the handicappec car. You may get lucky a time or two but if they are following procedure you will have to fold the stroller. When dd was little we did keep the single stroller open on the regular cars if she was sleeping - otherwise I always fold my stroller to make room for others.

When my girls were that age (2ys apart) I used a sling for the baby and a single that reclined, had a canope and basket for stuff. The baby spent lots of time in the sling and it was great for lines and attractions where you can't bring the stroller anyway. 3yo spent lots of time walking and in the stroller and when they baby fell asleep I would put her in the stroller for a nap and the 3yo would walk or get a shoulder ride.

We also used a sit n stand and liked that quite a bit. This was 4 years ago though, there are some amazing double stroller out there today though.

I saw a link on this board to a place that will rent you strollers offsite for your stay. Evidently they deliver them to the hotel on your arrival and pick them up after you leave. When I researched them for my sil they did have double strollers. I think it was "babysaway", you can try a search as I am not quite sure about the name .. sorry.
Have a great trip!
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter