double points charged?

bschool

Earning My Ears
Here's a question I probably know the answer to already I fear. My family's
reluctance to travel even for next summer and our true sorrow for
the terrible losses that our country has suffered (we live near NYC and
know families who have suffered losses) notwithstanding, I think we
should consider that NOT going to wdw or anywhere for that matter
gives the terrorists the kind of power they wanted in the first place.

SO, last night I tried to use the vacationplanner at the dvc website to
calculate the points I'd need to split a vacation between VWL and
Vero Beach. It occurred to me that I appear to be "spending" points
on the day we check out of VWL and then spending points to check
in to Vero on the same day.

A double whammy or am I missing something here? The check out and
then check in day would be a big chunk of points.

When using the DVC Calculator on this site, make sure to include only the dates you will be staying overnite. Don't include check-out day. That should help with your extra point costs.

Good Luck!

When using the calculator be sure to use the date of the last night you'll be staying, not your check-out date. For instance, if you're checking out on Dec. 2nd then you would enter the 1st as your ending date since that's the last night you'll need reservations for. It should be in small print somewhere on the caluclator page - I remember reading it somewhere, because I made the exact same mistake the first time I plugged in our vacation dates. ;)

You are using the point calculator improperly....You only use the points for the actual... NIGHT.. that you stay not the day you check out. Thus when you check out of VWL, you are not charged for points on that day at VWL but you will be charged for points when you check into VB.

No - as in a hotel stay, your check-out day is not charged. The night before is charged. If you arrive Sat. and check out Fri you are charged points for 6 nites. You then check in Vero for Fri and Sat and leave Sunday and you are then charged for the two nights - Fri and Sat. for a total of eight nights and nine day.

Thanks to all who responded. I'm the type who never reads the fine print.
I'm glad you all did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter