Double, Double, Toil & Trouble: a Halloween-inspired trip of “two’s” – an October 2016 TR

Hey. Yay! Another report, and Halloween fun. I'm in.

And the kittens are so cute. Dash's face is so expressive. Love the lounging in the sink picture.

Glad to hear your Days Inn experience was good again! That's a great deal for a night's stay and parking. We pay more for just parking at the Parking Spot!
Your babies are adorable!:cat: I'm grateful for my kitties now that my boys are grown up and not around as much! The house is never quiet!

Yep, that rate is unbeatable....and, as an added bonus, the Days had been accepting Canadian money at par (so had we not prepaid our stay before our arrival, we could have saved 35% in exchange).

I, too, love the fact that the kittens bring so much "life" to the house, especially now that I'm not working. They are great company (and usually quite the amusements LOL). Their little personalities are SO different, too.

A great start Gina, at Christmas the wait at the Cheesecake Factory was quoted at 2 hours. Luckily my daughter managed to snag a bar table for us.

Good heavens, 2 hours!! :faint: Steve would have died of starvation by then :rotfl2:. I think it was helpful that it was a Thursday night and not a weekend.....we've seen HUGE lines at the Buffalo location before, too.

Glad to see you back, Gina! How lucky to have our US chains close-by to your new home.

Thank you tortilla24! And a big :welcome: to you!

We are definitely very much enjoying the shopping and dining here in the USA. Much different from home! I just hope my waistline doesn't suffer too badly:rolleyes1.

:scared1: I had to figure it out all by myself. Plus, let's be real.....I have to make an entrance. pixiedust:

I would expect nothing less :rotfl:.

I'm so glad that you are settled and writing your trip report. There may have been some stalking of the pre-trip report to see if you had started writing :rolleyes1.

Ah, that's so sweet!! :blush: :welcome: aboard, glad to have you along :goodvibes.

LOL :rotfl: your luck may be evening out, so I guess it's a good thing future trips will originate from Michigan!

Let the fun commence!

I'm a dork and I love to read about all of it! We are so lucky that with our drive, by the time you made it to Buffalo we are 2/3 of the way to Orlando!

Cheesecake Factory looks divine. I work across the street from a mall that has a Cheesecake Factory but we rarely go. Thinking I may need to summon the compadres for a Friday treat tomorrow...

Can't wait to read your official write up of the resort though I think I may have seen some spoilers on FB! :thumbsup2

Ha ha, that's exactly what Steve said too!! :lmao: I am hoping, if we can fly from Detroit or Flint, that we won't even need a park and fly for future trips. Assuming, of course, that flight times are such that we don't need to be there at the crack of dawn. It's so weird to be so close to an airport!!

I think Fridays definitely call for the Cheesecake Factory. It's a congratulations-you-made-it-through-the-week treat! :teeth:

The pictures of your kittens are adorable. It has been awhile since I have eaten at Cheesecake Factory, wow they do have big portions. The cake looks so yummy. Looking forward to your review about the Cypress Palms, we have considered staying there as well.

Thank you :goodvibes. They are cuties but OMG, they can be hellions when they get wound up!! :crazy2:

Lots of Cypress Palms pics will be coming up later today :thumbsup2. I'll be making up for my photo-light posts thus far :bitelip:.

Late to the party again! And I'd forgotten just how many hotel "adventures" you guys have had at that Days Inn :)
Can't wait to hear the story that goes along with the pictures you teased on facebook!
Hello, my friend!! So glad you are here! :banana: Now you'll get all the commentary to go along with the pictures :teeth:. I suppose my reports are a bit of a letdown when you've already seen all the photos!

:sad1: No Dismeet this year! :sad: We'll catch you another time! One of these days maybe a Buffalo Dismeet with all of you guys??

Oooh....I'd be in! I think we're only about 4 hours from Buffalo, so very driveable still. That is, of course, if you want me :flower3: .

Nope, just 'those guest' again. Badge of honour actually.

Ugh, I'm not sure that's a good thing :confused: :sad2: .

Hey. Yay! Another report, and Halloween fun. I'm in.

And the kittens are so cute. Dash's face is so expressive. Love the lounging in the sink picture.

Hey Lynne!! So glad to have you joining in! My reports are never the same without you :goodvibes.

Poor little Violet, she's such a strange little duck. All the comfy places to sleep in the house and she lounges in the sink :confused3. But both of them love water, so it doesn't surprise me much. Dash loves nothing more than to groom himself in the wet shower after Steve and I have finished bathing in the morning :cat:.

Oooh....I'd be in! I think we're only about 4 hours from Buffalo, so very driveable still. That is, of course, if you want me :flower3: .

I'd meet up anytime! We're only 20 minutes away from the Buffalo airport! Maybe a pre-trip dinner meet sometime! It's funny how your trip reports have made me feel that we are friends even though we've never met!

I'm trying to get the courage up to writing my own trip report this year!

We are definitely very much enjoying the shopping and dining here in the USA. Much different from home! I just hope my waistline doesn't suffer too badly:rolleyes1.
With the move from DC to NYC, I was concerned about my waistline too. Turns out I've been in the clear but my boyfriend was not so lucky! :rolleyes:

I'd meet up anytime! We're only 20 minutes away from the Buffalo airport! Maybe a pre-trip dinner meet sometime! It's funny how your trip reports have made me feel that we are friends even though we've never met!

I'm trying to get the courage up to writing my own trip report this year!

I'm always up for dinner . I wonder how many others we could round up?

I think you should definitely give trip reporting a try!! Someone's gotta keep us all entertained after I wrap up mine for October and December.....especially when I don't have anything else in the works anytime soon.

With the move from DC to NYC, I was concerned about my waistline too. Turns out I've been in the clear but my boyfriend was not so lucky! :rolleyes:

I am thinking I might have to start making use of the 24 hour fitness center that is in our town home community :o.

Friday, October 14th

As we were driving toward Kissimmee en route to Cypress Palms, we chatted about alternative ways to pass the time if our room was not yet ready. We would be rolling into the resort right around noon, and our expectations were most definitely managed: being four hours before scheduled check-in, it was unlikely that our villa was ready. We decided we would hit the outlets and Nike Clearance Store when we were told that they couldn’t accommodate us just yet.

Turning off the 192, we headed in toward the resort entrance. Kissimmee isn’t one of my favourite spots, quite honestly…..it has always felt a little dingy and forgotten to us. It’s cheesy, yes….but so is Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls, and Kissimmee just offers a whole different kind of “cheese”. There’s no sparkle or flashiness, just an old and tired feel. So we were pleasantly surprised to see how nice the resort looked as we passed the large lagoon in search of the Welcome Center.

14721661_10155123353296416_4308922814751396907_n.jpg

To be fair, what Kissimmee lacks in sparkle, it does make up for with dining options. For the next week, we would have a plethora of meal options at our immediate disposal, with seemingly every chain restaurant known to man within walking distance or a very short drive. Having Krispy Kreme at the entrance was either going to be a blessing or a curse, depending on how often we would see that dastardly “Hot Doughnuts Now” sign lit up on our way in or out of the resort :rolleyes1.

The Welcome Center looked busy as we pulled up. We found ourselves a parking spot and headed inside with our check in documents.

14713560_10155123346356416_2259286896288982977_n.jpg

This stay had been booked via Skyauction for the crazy price of $321 all-in. That translates into $45.86 per night for a two bedroom, two bath villa with no additional charges for resort fees, parking or internet access. With our out-of-pocket costs in mind, we managed our expectations as to whether or not our pre-arrival requests would be met (top floor, close to a pool) or whether the resort itself would even begin to compare to our beloved Sheraton Vistana Resort. This is why we opted to have our Wyndham stay before the Vistana stay: we’d rather “trade up”, so to speak, than backslide on quality for the latter part of our trip.

When I first pitched the idea of extending our one-week vacation to a full two weeks in Orlando, my logic was simple: flights were going to be the same price regardless of whether we stayed for one week or two. We had annual passes to both SeaWorld and Aquatica,, and two resorts full of various amenities to enjoy, so there would (conceivably) be no cost for any additional attractions. The only true cost would be for an additional week of meals, which could be as expensive or cheap as we wanted, and another week of accommodations. Hence began the search for a good-value resort, which lead us to Cypress Palms. With the extra timeshare rental falling neatly into the budget, the two-week vacation was officially born.

Inside the Welcome Center (which was surprisingly small) we only had a few minutes to wait before we were served by one of the reps behind the counter. She very efficiently provided us with our villa keys and confirmed that not only was our room already waiting for us (wahoo!), our location requests were both honoured. Ushering us over to the sales desk, a very nice and gregarious woman gave a small effort to sign us up for one of the Wyndham sales meetings in exchange for a free cruise from Miami. When I said “small effort”, I mean ZERO pressure: she accepted our ‘no’ without question, and we were on our way in short order.

14718644_10155123346381416_5742976711957591075_n.jpg

The resort itself is quite densely compacted, with the buildings all long and tall and arranged quite close together. All buildings border the large pond that provides a barrier between the busy 192 and helps to separate the resort from the noise and activity.

14650050_10155123353761416_4048598194473312994_n.jpg

We were assigned to building 2. This was close to the front entrance of the resort, and immediately adjacent to the Activities Center.

14702252_10155123351291416_4450106277608421262_n.jpg

We were thrilled to be able to have the whole afternoon at our disposal to get settled into what would be our home for the next week. We had scads of time to get unpacked and do a little exploring before we headed to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort for our slate of evening activities. We unloaded the rental vehicle and took the luggage up the elevator to the top floor.

14670691_10155123356301416_6965557822975259395_n.jpg

Opening the door, we were very pleased with the size and quality of the villa that greeted us. We put down the suitcases, took a long look around, and Steve nodded and said……how much we pay for this again? I told him $321, and he nodded slowly. “Yeah, we stole this place ::yes::”.

14717036_10155123346776416_5158014231820387206_n.jpg

The villa must have been recently renovated within the last few years, because the finishings were modern and really quite nice. Our kitchen was great, with a large breakfast bar and a small side island.

14721542_10155123350376416_6667150351590090944_n.jpg

The large closet in the kitchen provided a stackable washer and dryer.

14642483_10155123351186416_6608699145451116886_n.jpg

The living room was spacious and offered a sleeper sofa.

14695564_10155123347651416_1640057498555718461_n.jpg

14702378_10155123349576416_6925835631896527003_n.jpg

The dining room filled the balance of the large, open concept main room.

14718725_10155123349661416_2737640454456774020_n.jpg

14721747_10155123348226416_3689096321528211406_n.jpg

Off the living area was a screened in balcony, which for us overlooked the area between buildings 2 and 3.

14725482_10155123349716416_249412897140995257_n.jpg

14731195_10155123350081416_7862035075686262363_n.jpg

The master bedroom featured a king sized bed, access to the screened in balcony, and was open to the portion of the bathroom that boasted a jacuzzi tub and dressing area.

14657449_10155123348366416_3724891444762340483_n.jpg

14724399_10155123349131416_3761056214666850059_n.jpg

The toilet and a spacious shower were both located in a separate room off the jacuzzi area.

14725577_10155123349046416_3934231820249602531_n.jpg

The guest bedroom offered two queen beds and a third flat screen TV (with the other two televisions located in the living room and master bedroom).

14720571_10155123346736416_1926285680493470887_n.jpg

And the guest bath also featured a dual area, with the toilet and tub/shower in its own separate room with a door.

14681574_10155123347096416_6255671090709733583_n.jpg

14632807_10155123347571416_3645489733965736501_n.jpg

While it wasn’t elegant, it was in beautiful shape, very spacious, and more than would meet our needs while we enjoyed all that Orlando had to offer. While it wasn’t Vistana quality, it was still really quite nice. It easily exceeded any expectations we had had, and we both heaved a sigh of relief at that realization, as our family that would be joining us later that week had also booked at Cypress Palms based on our leap of faith. Not only had our satisfaction been at stake, but also that of my inlaws…..and this would be their first Orlando experience (so I felt compelled to help make it a great one for them).

14718792_10155123356186416_2058676588412116447_n.jpg

Once all of our belongings were unpacked and we were fully settled in, Steve opted for a siesta on the sofa while I chose to go exploring the outside of the resort. It was a beautiful, sunshiny, sparklingly warm day, so it seemed a shame to waste it inside. I wanted to soak up all that natural vitamin D while I could, and I was anxious to see what else the resort had to offer. Would it impress me as much as the villa had?

A tour of Cypress Palms' amenities is next.

What a great price! I'll have to add this place to my list of future rental possibilities, making myself a note to check Skyauction when checking prices. Can't wait for your next installment!

Wow, Gina you got an excellent deal! The place looks great, you can't even stay at a motel6 for that price and this is way better! I feel the same way about Kissimmee, however, when we stayed there it was very close to everything and good places to eat.

Inside the Welcome Center (which was surprisingly small) we only had a few minutes to wait before we were served by one of the reps behind the counter. She very efficiently provided us with our villa keys and confirmed that not only was our room already waiting for us (wahoo!), our location requests were both honoured. Ushering us over to the sales desk, a very nice and gregarious woman gave a small effort to sign us up for one of the Wyndham sales meetings in exchange for a free cruise from Miami. When I said “small effort”, I mean ZERO pressure: she accepted our ‘no’ without question, and we were on our way in short order.
You got away lucky. The Wyndham sales people are known as the Wyndham Weasels.

The resort looks great, typical Wyndham style. Friends of mine stayed there about 5 years ago(while we were at WBC) and had no complaints. Well, she thought it was great....he didn't understand that you don't get daily housekeeping and thought that they were getting ripped off. Even after we talked about it at dinner he still thought that it wasn't right.

We stayed in the Kissimmee hotel corridor in 2005. Have been back there to go to a few restaurants through the years, but haven't considered staying at a resort through there in a while. If I am successful in pulling a budget trip together at the end of April/early May, I think I may seriously consider Cypress Palms if I can find them on SkyAuction for our timeframes. The updated suite looks great! Time to stalk the SkyAuction site! :thumbsup2

I always see Cypress Palms on SkyAuction and I'm glad to see you liked it. I will keep it in mind for a future trip for sure. We are already booked for Bonnet Creek in August and Cabana Bay in May, but there is always a next time when it comes to this family and Orlando! :) This year's two trips are due in part to a very tidy sum in free flight credit from Jetblue, Universal AP's, and airmiles Disney tickets. Just need to pay for food and accommodations this year.

The Skyauction price you got was excellent! It certainly helps with trying something new that you are a little hesitant about. That's like the 2015 when we got Vistana for $420. That price and your glowing reviews talked us into our first offsite stay and we've been offsite ever since.

Yeah Kisssimme has definitely seen better days hasn't it? We've never stayed in that area but offsite restaurant visits and a Target have brought us that way. I think there might be a Nike outlet we visited there on our last trip.

This blonde took until tonight to look at your recent activity to see if you had started the trip report. I kept looking at the pre trip report for a link :-)

I'm looking forward to reading about both trips. I've been ready to go back since last month, so it only took about 2 months post trip. But there are other trips planned or in the works so I won't be able to go until 2019 at the earliest. I'll try an work a weekend trip to Disneyland in if I can, since it's easier but only the flights are cheaper.

The kittens have gotten so big. I love their furry paws with the long hair, so cute.

It looks really nice and spacious, and definitely a steal at that price.

We had scads of space for just the two of us ::yes::. My BIL & SIL, whose family of 5 arrived a few days later, were super pleased by all the room they had to spread out. I think it was the only way their sanity remained intact :rotfl:.

What a great price! I'll have to add this place to my list of future rental possibilities, making myself a note to check Skyauction when checking prices. Can't wait for your next installment!

Skyauction and Interval International have both come up HUGE for us on extra rentals when we need them. Our Marriott Grande Vista rental at Christmas was only $347 for the week in a 2 bed/2 bath lock-off. I can hardly stay one night in downtown Toronto for that. We really only had one major criticism for Cypress Palms....but that's a few entries away yet.

Wow, Gina you got an excellent deal! The place looks great, you can't even stay at a motel6 for that price and this is way better! I feel the same way about Kissimmee, however, when we stayed there it was very close to everything and good places to eat.

I am sure Kissimmee was something to behold in the 80's, and I see some good things happening there once again. I suspect that it will look very different in another 10 years.....if I have my way, I'll be the one to bring the first Tim Hortons franchise to the Orlando area, somewhere conveniently located on the 192 :drinking1.

You got away lucky. The Wyndham sales people are known as the Wyndham Weasels.

The resort looks great, typical Wyndham style. Friends of mine stayed there about 5 years ago(while we were at WBC) and had no complaints. Well, she thought it was great....he didn't understand that you don't get daily housekeeping and thought that they were getting ripped off. Even after we talked about it at dinner he still thought that it wasn't right.

We were SO ready for the high pressure to attend, and were gobsmacked when they took our "no" so easily. I think she knew that we were not at all impressed with the offer of a free cruise (we're not cruise folk....heck, I get motion sick on an airplane, let alone a massive boat at sea) so she no longer had an incentive to dangle in our direction.

I always have to laugh at people being upset about the lack of daily housekeeping. Personally, we LOVE not having someone coming in and out of our villa every day, especially when its just the two of us (and we don't make huge messes or generate much garbage). Now, I do look forward to the mid-week tidy at the Vistana (and missed that sorely when staying at the Grande Vista...I'm still a bit shocked that they don't provide that to exchange guests) but otherwise, I'm happy that the cleaning staff keep out.

We stayed in the Kissimmee hotel corridor in 2005. Have been back there to go to a few restaurants through the years, but haven't considered staying at a resort through there in a while. If I am successful in pulling a budget trip together at the end of April/early May, I think I may seriously consider Cypress Palms if I can find them on SkyAuction for our timeframes. The updated suite looks great! Time to stalk the SkyAuction site! :thumbsup2

You should be able to grab Cypress Palms for a very similar price to mine for an end of April/early May trip :thumbsup2. And that's a FABULOUS time to travel! Some of the best weather we've ever enjoyed in Orlando has been on those exact weeks.

I always see Cypress Palms on SkyAuction and I'm glad to see you liked it. I will keep it in mind for a future trip for sure. We are already booked for Bonnet Creek in August and Cabana Bay in May, but there is always a next time when it comes to this family and Orlando! :) This year's two trips are due in part to a very tidy sum in free flight credit from Jetblue, Universal AP's, and airmiles Disney tickets. Just need to pay for food and accommodations this year.

The Skyauction price you got was excellent! It certainly helps with trying something new that you are a little hesitant about. That's like the 2015 when we got Vistana for $420. That price and your glowing reviews talked us into our first offsite stay and we've been offsite ever since.

Yeah Kisssimme has definitely seen better days hasn't it? We've never stayed in that area but offsite restaurant visits and a Target have brought us that way. I think there might be a Nike outlet we visited there on our last trip.

We have enough for free flights from Jetblue this year as well, but we can only fly non-stop from Detroit to either Boston or Fort Lauderdale.....so, I think our next Florida vacation may have a day or two by the beach before our theme-park fun in Orlando. We've never been to that part of the state, and it might be a nice way to build some relaxing days in before our busy ones. I can't pass up free!!

I suspect many of the onsite die-hards might quickly become converted to offsite champions if they ever gave it a try. It's really hard to go back to a tiny Disney hotel room after all the space and amenities of offsite.

This blonde took until tonight to look at your recent activity to see if you had started the trip report. I kept looking at the pre trip report for a link :-)

I'm looking forward to reading about both trips. I've been ready to go back since last month, so it only took about 2 months post trip. But there are other trips planned or in the works so I won't be able to go until 2019 at the earliest. I'll try an work a weekend trip to Disneyland in if I can, since it's easier but only the flights are cheaper.

The kittens have gotten so big. I love their furry paws with the long hair, so cute.

I am so sorry!! :guilty: I totally need to post a link on my PTR to ensure everyone finds there way over here. Thank you so much for that reminder. And a big :welcome:to you now!

Disneyland is still on my bucket list, too.....I would love to experience the two west coast parks and see the different between the World and the Land. The only thing I'd dread is the LONG flight from MI to California.

Ah, those two kittens.....they were quite the devils this morning. I came downstairs after Steve left for work, and it looked like there had been a frat party :scared:. I had plants tipped over, the food bowls askew, floor mats crumpled up and two fluff balls trying desperately to look innocent amidst the chaos. The older they get, the bigger the messes they can make!! :rolleyes1

Friday, October 14th (continued)

14670824_10155123355921416_645502729946376811_n.jpg

Taking the elevator down to ground level, I figured it was easiest to start my tour of the property right at the Activities Center, which was located immediately adjacent to our building. Considering my sister-in-law and brother-in-law would be arriving at the resort in a few days with their three young kids in tow, I thought it was worth seeing if there would be anything there that they might wish to partake in.

14681844_10155123351791416_5562233040373409584_n.jpg

14681851_10155123356936416_6109463199693313634_n.jpg

While not elegant or excessive, the grounds were quite cute and well maintained. Plants and foliage were well groomed and lushly green, a sharp contrast to the browns and gold of autumn back home in Canada.

14708364_10155123353321416_8482287903654459888_n.jpg

Inside the Activities Center, we were greeted by a friendly staff member who apologized for the fact that there was nothing going on at the time: they had no children show up for whatever was the planned event scheduled for that time of day, so the activity was effectively cancelled. I assured him that it wasn’t an issue as I didn’t have a child with me anyway, and asked if it was okay if I just looked around to see what they had to offer. He told me to poke around to my heart’s content, and so I did.

14670593_10155123352936416_2395276929366613895_n.jpg

There was a coffee and treats station just inside the door, which the staff encouraged me to partake in. In that little steel serving container was a selection of small brownies and squares, which I sampled purely for the purposes of this report (you didn’t expect me to pass up chocolate, did you?). The Activities staffer said that the coffee and treats area available all day, every day for the enjoyment of guests. I thought that was quite a lovely touch.

14656306_10155123352971416_7172588697107257186_n.jpg

In one corner, there was also a large popcorn machine which was complimentary to resort guests daily from 12 noon. Another thoughtful touch.

14670592_10155123352931416_5849029069751702335_n.jpg

There was a sizable playroom for the youngest tots on the opposite side of the Activities Center, complete with a flat screen TV and pint-sized toys and furniture. Nothing fancy, but I suppose it might be a busier place on days when the weather wasn’t quite so glorious.

14732160_10155123403346416_3214589842458757464_n.jpg

In the same building, on the opposite side with its own separate entrance, was a fitness center.

14670756_10155123355916416_6294958096553755869_n.jpg

What I thought was the most unique touch, though, was found outside the building rather than inside: an expansive herb garden cultivated for the enjoyment of Wyndham guests:

14731187_10155123352091416_5616942822777793717_n.jpg

14725535_10155123356996416_3018856744298420746_n.jpg

Just about every fresh herb that you could ever want was represented in the herb garden: it almost made me want to cook at least one night of our stay. All the pots were clearly marked and you could catch the scent of several of the herbs on the light breeze as you walked by.

14702448_10155123357286416_2874283455753020661_n.jpg

14671101_10155123357276416_3160670139979730922_n.jpg

14657501_10155123357311416_2086969006614845977_n.jpg

14708357_10155123357521416_5294063446204798905_n.jpg

14702509_10155123357526416_3822144316352332470_n.jpg

14642167_10155123357571416_1534747497429931438_n.jpg

14657303_10155123357756416_163331369636877038_n.jpg

14691083_10155123352426416_5157532444116424551_n.jpg

After spending WAY too much time admiring the garden, I continued on in the direction of the lake in search of the pools: the other end of the buildings housed the (very full) parking lot, so the only other place for the recreational amenities would be lakeside. And I was right.

14716104_10155123354106416_6052169015756807743_n.jpg

Right at the end of our building was Pool 1. While neither particularly massive nor decked out with any special features (certainly not the size nor quality of the three major pools at the Vistana), it was cute enough and looked like it would be a nice place to cool off after a long, hot day of slogging around a theme park. Pool one had a little tiki hut where a DJ provided music occasionally throughout the week.

13879435_10155123353291416_7721575077234215309_n.jpg

14657410_10155123355521416_4471784940862277496_n.jpg

14718780_10155123355616416_8834706396419727626_n.jpg

There was a hot tub across from the pool, set nicely far enough away to be still in good proximity for parents to be able to see their kids while they play in the pool, but be somewhat removed from the shrieking and squeals.

14650577_10155123354506416_6512108792577570573_n.jpg

Just outside the pool area, there were a line of lounge chairs that framed the lake and looked like a marvelous place to kick back with a good book. It reminded me that one of these days, we MUST attempt a “no parks” vacation and just enjoy a week of rest and relaxation with a view of the water.

14670625_10155123355296416_3339336177659786051_n.jpg

14695329_10155123355426416_3964948071877867728_n.jpg

Dotted along the lakeside walkway were several large gas grills. At check-in, the staff had noted that all guests were welcome and encouraged to use the grills: and even better, a member of their staff would both light the grill for us and clean up after we were done cooking, all with just a quick call to the Welcome Center. Nice.

14708144_10155123354126416_6970957073930679446_n.jpg

Between pools and one two, there was a large playground that any child would love. From a parental point of view, I thought it was GREAT that a large portion of it was covered to shield the little ones from the harmful rays of the blazing southern sun. There was a jungle gym section with two slides, swings, an igloo-shaped climber and a few small rocking horses on a soft and sandy base.

14717171_10155123354986416_5622294179257865850_n.jpg

14681776_10155123355006416_6498159777237992069_n.jpg

14695432_10155123355076416_297433303898591489_n.jpg

14657261_10155123355271416_6690636404676849575_n.jpg

Pool 2 was just beyond the playground, and was simple but functional. A little plainer even than Pool 1 (not even a Tiki hut here) but large enough to still be a good place to cool down after a hot day of park touring. Like Pool 1, Pool 2 also had a small hot tub for the enjoyment of guests.

14705908_10155123354511416_4985545306860858662_n.jpg

14642487_10155123354611416_1658937988167805805_n.jpg

By this time, I was HOT……so I wandered back along the lakeside path toward Pool one and the pathway to building 2. Some of those bizarre Florida ducks (that look like they are crossed with some kind of chicken) were on the shore of the lake, and were as tame as those found at the Vistana. This one actually looked kind of put out that I didn’t have anything edible to share with him: I promised him that if we had any left-over bread at the end of the week, I’d bring it out and let him indulge.

14702358_10155123353776416_4861445830852878324_n.jpg

Back at the villa, I roused Steve from his afternoon siesta and we decided to slip down to Target very quickly to pick up breakfast staples (milk, yogurt, cereal, fruit, cream, sugar, etc.) before heading to enjoy our evening plans. We had a 7 pm ADR for Trail’s End at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, followed by a reservation for a private carriage ride through the campground. Having never been to the Fort before, we wanted to leave ourselves plenty of time to find our way from the Outpost Depot to the Settlement Depot.

14910373_10155136007966416_5140243458054121742_n.jpg

Our “Disney Date Night” is next.

Nice. I guess we are not spread out people. We generally do not mind hotel rooms.

Nice pictures and waiting to see how trails end was. We had scheduled breakfast there, but cancelled it as we thought sleep was more important. When we stayed at the WL, we walked over to the Fort, but did not stay long enough to eat anything there.

Carry on.

Disneyland is still on my bucket list, too.....I would love to experience the two west coast parks and see the different between the World and the Land. The only thing I'd dread is the LONG flight from MI to California.

Ah, those two kittens.....they were quite the devils this morning. I came downstairs after Steve left for work, and it looked like there had been a frat party :scared:. I had plants tipped over, the food bowls askew, floor mats crumpled up and two fluff balls trying desperately to look innocent amidst the chaos. The older they get, the bigger the messes they can make!! :rolleyes1

Having always lived in a coastal state - WA, CA & NC, I've gotten used to the long flights but I don't think they are that bad. When I was in college and went to MI to visit family I think it was probably 4-5 hours. Even Seattle to MCO non stop is less than 6 hours in the plane. I've flown in/out of Flint when my aunt and uncle lived there, it's a nice little airport, but be careful because there are some flights that connect in Detroit and that just seems like a waste of time if you have to connect somewhere. Detroit is a much larger airport, I think it's still a hub for someone but I can't remember which, they've all merged since I connected there years ago.

I always take a red eye when I fly east to help get on the time and so I can sleep the flight away. At least that's the goal, sleep doesn't always come easily. This also works better on non stops, my flight to Charlotte in May I have to change planes in Minneapolis and I'm not happy but the nonstop was over 500 bucks one way which is insane. I knew I wouldn't be happy with US Airways and American merging.

I've only spent part of a day one summer at CA Adventure not long after it opened and part of one winter day at DL and had fun both times but neither trip was planned out and it still worked. The Materhorn alone is worth the trip, though I think they've changed the cars since I was there in 2004. Plus there's so many other things you can do in LA, San Diego and the whole area. You could easily spend a 2 week vacation there but it would cost more than FL.

My 10 year old dog still makes messes and my mom's dog that's 7 is why I'm off to get my cell phone screen replaced later today. All we can guess is that he wanted to move the blanket and my phone was there and he grabbed ahold and got my phone and put a nice hole in the corner that has a spider crack from it. Also my dog's vet appt for his check up and shots soon, so it's an expensive day. But I wouldn't trade them, so we clean up the messes and pay to replace and fix things occasionally :)

Gina you must be getting soft, what's a longer hour flight if not more time for Steve to snooze!! We have a 9 to 9.5 hour flight, up to 3 hour pre check in, travel to airportetc etc...... I would love a shorter time, this time we had to change to get cheaper fares at Christmas so that was one long day :sad2:

Is Cypress palms on the East of 192? We stayed West, near Animal Kingdom and there are plenty of places to eat round there too including Zmillers, Longhorns, Bahama Breeze, Sweet Tomatoes etc we did drive east on our way to Give Kids the World and walked around Old Town Kissimmee.

The lakeside chairs do look inviting, I'll wait and see if you ever used them. Loving e report :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter