Double dip or concierge?

I vote longer cruise every time. I never plan on cruising concierge, the attention from the regular staff is sweet and attentive, but borders on intrusive and cloying for me. I want to do my thing and have friendly and good staff, but left on my own for the most part on vacation.

Oh yeah, like flying first class. The next trip you're in the back of the plane. Oh the shame, why can't I fly first class all the time?
I don't know...I don't really consider cruising with Disney in even the cheapest stateroom to be at all comparable to flying in the back of a plane. :scared: Unlike an airline, DCL makes all passengers feel very welcome and comfortable.

OP, I recommend the double dip. Castaway Cay is wonderful, and especially for your first cruise, it will be great to have two days there. Be sure to rent bikes and explore the island a bit.

There really isn't much planning to do for a cruise, especially a Carribean cruise. It's much easier to plan a cruise than a trip to WDW, or a land trip to anywhere else, really. And if you're spending half of your time in the concierge areas, that's less time spent discovering what the rest of the ship has to offer.

Last edited:
I would do the longer cruise mainly because 1) longer is always better. Our first DCL cruise was 7 nights and we loved it so much we wished it was longer. 2) If your first cruise is concierge, you’ll have no point of reference to compare it to non-concierge, which may cause you to worry about booking non-concierge in the future. This may lead to spending more $ on future cruises to sail concierge when you might have enjoyed sailing “regular” just as much. Just my 2 cents.

I was going to say the double dip and saw that's what you decided on, congrats. I booked the Fantasy 9/24/20 Double Dip for my family on Tuesday!!! My wife and I will be using this cruise to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary!!! :)

We did a back to back July 2017 and loved it! I think you made a good choice with going non concierge for your first cruise! We only started cruising concierge in the last few years. It would be hard to go back. Our youngest son has autism and is non verbal. The Concierge teams are so great with helping us with his needs. We are on the 11 night Southern this July and can't wait! Here's a video from our back to back. We started at Vero Beach and ended at WDW. It was a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter