Doreen's Fresh Start & Success Story! (Welcome Friends!)

Sorry to hear about your mil's home. Glad to hear that they will rebuild and she has someplace to go during that time. And glad that she made it out okay and wasn't injured.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

I was having such a good time at work that I didn't post on my journal today! I know it sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm not. I'm loving what I'm working on and the time just flew by today.

This is a wonderful thing because when my depression is really bad, I tend to try to "escape" work by surfing the net all day. I've been feeling very upbeat and happy lately. I used to get to a lot more journals and I do miss visiting everyone but, honestly, it took a lot of time. Now I am actually being productive at work, so I just don't get around as much as I used to. So, if I don't visit your journal, please don't take it personally.

My day has been good and I'm happy about getting together with family tomorrow. :grouphug:

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. :sunny:

Wow! The time has flown by so fast over this long holiday weekend! It has been a wonderful time of relaxation and recharging, spending time with family and forgetting about the normal routines of my busy days. :goodvibes

The scale is steady at 160, despite my indiscretions. My mood has been excellent - no sign of my depression! HOORAY! I've had energy to keep going through the day. For those who don't know about my battle with depression, this is EXCELLENT!

Today's schedule is blissfully empty except for Sunday School. I'm sure we'll find ways to fill it. :) I already have laundry in and will plan meals and get things ready for the workweek ahead so life will be as smooth as possible.

I'm focused on doing all I can to keep my depression at bay. When I've gotten through the winter, I'll focus more on weight loss. For now, I'll just have to be content with keeping my weight steady.

I'm at work, at my familiar (and messy!) desk, doing my usual routine and I'm happy about it. Not hyper mania kind of happy but content and peaceful happy.

The scale is stuck at 160. I know it won't move unless I exercise. Sure wish I had a magic wand for such occasions but the truth is that I am not willing to put in the work needed to drop the weight at the moment. As much as I'd like to do it all, I must be content with working on my depression.

Breakfast is a PB and apple butter sandwich. Lunch will involve an apple with peanut butter. I may also get some soup from the cafeteria. I'll be drinking, drinking, drinking my water all day. I've taken my pills. I did my light therapy this morning (10 minutes at 20% - no glasses). I've got a good start on the day!

The only thing I haven't done lately is devotions. Hmmm, I knew something was missing! I think I'll head over to the Guideposts website for some inspiration before I start working.

DoeWDW said:
The scale is steady at 160, despite my indiscretions. My mood has been excellent - no sign of my depression! HOORAY! I've had energy to keep going through the day. For those who don't know about my battle with depression, this is EXCELLENT!

Doreen,

This is EXCELLENT news! :goodvibes Praise the Lord! :Pinkbounc I hope you have a most wonderful week this week! :sunny: Take care! :hug:

I'm patting myself on the back today! I made it through yesterday with NO CANDY! Someone has a box of those fundraiser candy bars practically right in front of my desk and I resisted. Do you want to know the secret???? I just kept feeling the roll of fat around my middle!! Let's hope it works again today, because I know this will be an ongoing temptation.

I got lots done at work yesterday and will get more done today. I'm a happy camper at work! The time just flies by while I happily work away. Six months ago I would have never believed I could be so content at work. I know it won't always be this way but I'm basking in it for as long as it lasts.

Today's devotional talked about finding happiness in the everyday simple things of life. I know I'll be happy next June when we're on vacation but who wants to only be happy for a week or two out of a year?? I'm selfish enough to want to be happy a whole lot more often. Also, today's devotional reminded me that my life is a witness of my faith and beliefs. Who would want to be a Christian if all the Christians you know are miserable??? Being a Christian is about the joy of knowing that God is with you during this lifetime and that you'll be with Him when this life is over. I'm in a good place right now to enjoy the simple things in life and to find happiness around every corner. I spend a lot of time smiling and not much time complaining. Again, I know this may not last but I'm sure enjoying it while it does.

Enough deep thinking - I've got work to do!

Doreen -- I am so happy for you, sweetie! How joyful you made my heart today, knowing that you have found peace and contentment in everyday life. I have felt so sad at times, worrying about you and your struggle with depression, and it does my heart good to see you come out on the other side. I hope you continue to enjoy the positive results of the effort you have put into your life to find that serenity. Your journey has already brought you to such a wonderful place!

Congratulations on avoiding candy yesterday. What a wonderful accomplishment -- you should be so proud of yourself! :goodvibes: Don't worry about the scale right now. 160 sounds pretty darn good for living a normal life without huge DIET sacrifices. You are proving to yourself every day that you have found a strategy for maintaining a healthy weight. You can work on losing again later. Enjoy what you have accomplished and when you are ready to move the scale again, a new kind of motivation will manifest itself in you. (does that make sense?)

I am really glad that you are feeling good about work. Your attitude of being positive and joyful is the perfect witness of your Christian beliefs.

I hope you have a truly wonderful, blessed day! :hug:

Hi Doe,

You sound like you are in a great space right now. I am so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy this time.

The very first thing I packed was my princess hat. It is in my carryon, and I am putting it on as soon as the plane lands. You guys will be with me in spirit.

Take care of yourself,
Beth

So here we are again, for another workday. Life is good. I know some people may think I'm being sarcastic but I'm not. I'm thankful to have a job that is indoors, not too physically demanding, where my brain is engaged and the people around me are relatively pleasant, where I make a very decent wage and have benefits and a pension and get paid vacation. Many people are not as fortunate.

Last night went just as I had planned. We all got haircuts and enjoyed our visit with Peggy (the hairdresser) and Roxie & Sabrina (her 2 shih tzus). Then the kids and I came home and snuggled up on the living room floor with pillows and blankets and the puppy and watched Rudolph together. DH was helping our niece with her car so he missed Rudolph but at least he was doing a good deed.

Today will be uneventful (hopefully). There's nothing on the evening schedule - hooray!!

I have stayed away from the candy for a couple days but my resolve has been weakening. So this morning I put on a pair of pants that are just a little tight, to remind me that my waistline does NOT need any fuel for expansion.

Happy day to all!! :sunny:

Good morning Doreen! :sunny:

Life is going to be very busy the next couple of days, but I just wanted to stop by and say thank you. Thank you for your words of encouragement that have helped sustain me, thank you for your support, and thank you for being my friend. :hug: I will be thinking of you guys at WDW! ::MickeyMo

Have a blessed weekend! :sunny:

Doe:

It was so nice to read about your perspective on work. It is rare to see that and even rarer to feel it. There were times I absolutely loved my job and staff when I was managing at the track. But the time I had to put in on the job and the lack of management support caused me to leave it. What you feel is now what I am experiencing at the high school. I feel so alive there, I know I'm finally on the right path.

A reindeer fest sounds like it was terrific fun and a great family tradition. How nice your son and daughter are not "too old" to enjoy something so simple and wonderful for the season.

-Laurie :sunny: :sunny:

Sorry - I got confused about whose journal I was posting in - I'm not wearing my glasses and my eyes moved up and down two lines at once (they do this when I'm tired) and I thought I was posting in Laurie's journal. Sorry Doe!!!!!

I am sooooooo happy for you!!!! I KNOW the toll that depression can have on a person and you being able to work on being happy and enjoying life is the BEST thing you can do!!!! I'm so glad you are happy and enjoying things right now - I hope it stays that way. Sounds like the light therapy is doing good for you and that's great because that's the whole idea behind the light boxes. AWESOME!!!! Concentrating on feeling great is more important, and should be, than the weight loss right now. Once you get to a point, you will be able to concentrate on both but don't push it until you are truly ready!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

I loved what your devotions said!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Reese_first_day.gif

If that pic doesn't make you smile, nothing will! :D
Yep, that's my daughter! I had a great time watching her for her first half hour of work today. I was laughing at the little kids and their reactions to her. She said she was smiling the whole time and loved it! I stuck around and bought her lunch. We ate with her guide - a very nice lady. Now I'm back at home. We'll go back later to pick her up.

Nothing else to report - just wanted to post the pic and say I'm having a great weekend. :sunny:

Hi, Doreen! What an awesome picture! I am sooo glad your daughter is loving her job! What joy and pride she must bring you!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, sweetie! :hug:

I was summoned for jury duty for criminal court for our county. That means I show up (with about 200 other people) for 3 days. Once you are picked to be on an actual jury, you stay as long as the trial takes - 5 minutes or 5 days or 5 months. Then you're done. If you are not picked for one jury then you go back and wait to be in the pool for another jury. The court has 41 criminal trials this week. Most of them will settle or plea bargain. There have been 4 juries chosen so far. I'm on the fourth jury - I was chosen this afternoon. When the trial is over, probably tomorrow or Thursday, I'll be finished. Should be an interesting one but, of course, I'm not allowed to discuss it until the trial is over.

Lunch today was from the local farmer's market. I had soup and a little dessert. Dinner was pizza - not healthy but I didn't have to cook it. I was a little (read a LOT) stressed from the 45 minute drive home in the dark. They kept us late, hearing testimony.

Tomorrow is another day at the courthouse. I'll make it around to journals eventually. Hugs to all!

The good news is that I got to drive home while it was still daylight. The bad news is that I have to go back tomorrow. Both attorneys have finished their closing arguments. Now the judge has to "charge" the jury. That means he has to explain the law pertaining to the charges. Then we get to deliberate on the 3 different charges that the defendant is accused of; possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia, and endangerment of the welfare of a child. The jury has to unanimously agree on each charge. The judge let us go around 3:30 today because he didn't want us to feel rushed during our deliberation - a wise idea in my mind, so while its inconvenient, I totally agree with his decision.

I'm off to figure out how I can avoid cooking dinner tonight. DH had to drive 4 hours to Pittsburgh, attend a meeting and then drive home today. I'm sure he'll be tired - he isn't home yet. Maybe I can get DS to run out and pick something up......hmmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter