Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Agree that AK was a madhouse on Thursday. We park hopped after lunch, and arrived to one crazy scene. Glad we had FP for both Safari and FOP. As with you, or Safari was very lively. Maybe the most active animals I have ever seen. I think the cold gets them out and moving. Standby was so crazy for FOP that we could not even go in the back entrance to Pandora. As good as that ride was, I could not believe people would stand there for 4+ hours to ride. That is a complete waste of a day to me.

We have been multiple times during Memorial Day week, and never experienced the kinds of crowds we saw this year during marathon weekend. I guess the people still there on regular vacations combined with all the runners was a perfect storm for the crowds.

Agree that AK was a madhouse on Thursday. We park hopped after lunch, and arrived to one crazy scene. Glad we had FP for both Safari and FOP. As with you, or Safari was very lively. Maybe the most active animals I have ever seen. I think the cold gets them out and moving. Standby was so crazy for FOP that we could not even go in the back entrance to Pandora. As good as that ride was, I could not believe people would stand there for 4+ hours to ride. That is a complete waste of a day to me.

We have been multiple times during Memorial Day week, and never experienced the kinds of crowds we saw this year during marathon weekend. I guess the people still there on regular vacations combined with all the runners was a perfect storm for the crowds.
Yeah it must have been the cold since so many animals were up and about. I wouldn't wait 4 hours either. I waited just over an hour opening week for FoP because I wanted to see the queue and that was during EMH.

Yeah lots of Florida/southern states still had off that week so that brought out the people. Marathon weekend shouldn't be so bad next year.

Ah! For the 5K, it appears that Jiminy Cricket was the most rare character. I would totally have stopped for him, no matter the line. But can understand not stopping with an entire weekend left of running and the super cold temps.

Ah! For the 5K, it appears that Jiminy Cricket was the most rare character. I would totally have stopped for him, no matter the line. But can understand not stopping with an entire weekend left of running and the super cold temps.
Yeah there were only two meet and greets I regret not stopping for and he was one of them.

I may not be a runner (I do chase Frisbees playing Ultimate Frisbee though) but I know good TRs when I read them! I had to go back and read the pre DIS20 ones (the first of your TRs that I read) though. It was also where I first met you and other DISers! Looking forward to the rest!

Welcome back!

We headed over to Tiffins just after Noon to see if we could get in early for our reservation. We checked in and they said they would be able to accommodate us in just a few minutes. Soon enough we were being seated in the same room I sat in on my DIS 20 trip. We happened to be greeted with a card saying welcome back! I was the only one that had dined there before though.

IMG_1739JPG.jpg

We also had the Rivers of Light dining package so appetizer, entrée, and dessert were included. We all ordered something different for appetizers to try things. I got the bread service, someone else got the salad, another got the cheese plate, and the other the meat plate.

IMG_1741JPG.jpg

IMG_1742JPG.jpg

IMG_1743JPG.jpg

IMG_1744JPG.jpg

IMG_1745JPG.jpg

I really love the theming of Tiffins overall. I have yet to sit in the main dining room though.

For our main course we all ordered the same thing. The Waygu Strip.

IMG_1746JPG.jpg

I love this dish. I found it to be cooked very well. Others at my table didn't like it as much as they prefer a more formal steak.

For dessert I got the cheesecake. Others got the Chocolate Ganache.

IMG_1747JPG.jpg

IMG_1748JPG.jpg

I really enjoy Tiffins and will definitely be back. One of my friends was not as fond of the restaurant but thats okay. Only downside to the meal for me and all of us really was how cold it was inside the restaurant. Several people around us including us had complained about the temperature. A manager came out to talk to the table next to us about it. Apparently several buildings are all on the same system so they would need to change everything. Whatever it was didn't make a lot of sense since it was so cold out that day. They should've had it at least a comfortable temperature in the restaurant.

After Tiffins it was time to head to Festival of the Lion King! Our favorite Disney show.

Continued in next post...

I may not be a runner (I do chase Frisbees playing Ultimate Frisbee though) but I know good TRs when I read them! I had to go back and read the pre DIS20 ones (the first of your TRs that I read) though. It was also where I first met you and other DISers! Looking forward to the rest!
Thanks for joining in! I am glad to have you here!

Welcome back!

IMG_1398JPG.jpg

IMG_1417JPG.jpg

IMG_1418JPG.jpg

IMG_1429JPG.jpg

IMG_1435JPG.jpg

IMG_1444JPG.jpg

And our favorite show was over. This show while quite old now remains one of the best Disney does and is a must see for every trip I go on.

After Festival of the Lion King it was time to travel to Pandora: The World of Avatar my favorite new land in a Disney park.

IMG_1767JPG.jpg

IMG_1768JPG.jpg

Up Next: Pandora: The World of Avatar

Tiffins seems to be pretty hit or miss for people! I didn't love it the one time I have gone but after reading so many good reviews, I think I need to try it again (but maybe bring an extra sweater). That cheesecake you got looks really interesting!

FOTLK is always a solid choice. ::yes:: I agree that even though it has been around for awhile, it's still a fabulous show!

Tiffins seems to be pretty hit or miss for people! I didn't love it the one time I have gone but after reading so many good reviews, I think I need to try it again (but maybe bring an extra sweater). That cheesecake you got looks really interesting!

FOTLK is always a solid choice. ::yes:: I agree that even though it has been around for awhile, it's still a fabulous show!
Yeah, it might be because of the more adventurous menu that it can be hit or miss. The two times I have been there have been quite good despite the cold air. The cheesecake was not a traditional cheesecake but was very good. Everyone tried a bite and agreed.

I think I need to try Tiffins for sure! We love FOTLK! DD was called up as a helper in the giraffe section! It was great to be selected front row!

Love Lion King! Actually it was because of you and a couple other Dis’ers that rave about that we even checked it out at all. So thanks!

Never been to Tiffins, waiting for an adults only trip for that! Any restaurant with a bread service is my favorite :D

Love Lion King! Actually it was because of you and a couple other Dis’ers that rave about that we even checked it out at all. So thanks!

Never been to Tiffins, waiting for an adults only trip for that! Any restaurant with a bread service is my favorite :D
I’m glad I could help! It’s a great show.

Yes bread service! We joked that this trip was all about carbs because we ate so much of them.

It's a shame @rteetz I wasn't able to do the meet and greet for the marathon. It was my first one and I wanted to meet everyone but I was just too frozen to move that morning. So happy for you completing Dopey I am in awe of those that completed it.

We started the day off with freezing drizzle which then switched to snow, so reading your trip report is very nice. I need to make sure to plan a January trip for next year!

It's a shame @rteetz I wasn't able to do the meet and greet for the marathon. It was my first one and I wanted to meet everyone but I was just too frozen to move that morning. So happy for you completing Dopey I am in awe of those that completed it.

Yeah it would have been great to meet you! Thank you!

We started the day off with freezing drizzle which then switched to snow, so reading your trip report is very nice. I need to make sure to plan a January trip for next year!

January is a great time to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter