Dopey 2015 Official Thread

We sit at trading desks (think cube without walls...lovely) and due to our West Coast office, 12:00 EST is a prime meeting time. So I booked myself a "meeting" from 11:30-1:00 tomorrow. I'm crazy paranoid about Dopey selling out....

When the AP early registration opened on 4/16 I was halfway through filling out my information when someone came by my desk to ask me a question. I was just like "UH-HUH...UH-HUH...UH-HUH..." :eek: I'm pretty sure I had a total deer-in-headlights look on my face!

;)

So similar with me! On DVC early registration day, I was counting the minutes from 6am (west coast) (PST) to the 9am (PST) registration time. At some point before 9am, my boss called me over to his desk (about 10 feet from my desk) to review something on his screen... I become engrossed in the work matter, and then all of a sudden remembered the 9am registration time!! I walked away from his desk and over to my computer and saw it was 9:03am!!! I said "Sorry. Sorry. I have to do something. Sorry." And proceeded to register. Almost felt like missing the starting gun at a race! :upsidedow

I quietly closed my door and taped a sign on the outside saying: International Webinar 11:45am - 12:30pm Please do not disturb! Nobody bothered me until 2pm. I might have to do that more often!!!

Love it!!! LOL!

;)

So similar with me! On DVC early registration day, I was counting the minutes from 6am (west coast) (PST) to the 9am (PST) registration time. At some point before 9am, my boss called me over to his desk (about 10 feet from my desk) to review something on his screen... I become engrossed in the work matter, and then all of a sudden remembered the 9am registration time!! I walked away from his desk and over to my computer and saw it was 9:03am!!! I said "Sorry. Sorry. I have to do something. Sorry." And proceeded to register. Almost felt like missing the starting gun at a race! :upsidedow

Oh man!! At least mine wasn't my boss!! :eek:

It was a co-worker with a question...and I was just thinking to myself, "I really want to help you...but GO AWAY!" :rotfl:

I guess work should come first, I have to pay for this thing somehow, right?! :upsidedow

Drinking Around the World at Epcot. It's the best way to celebrate the end of marathon weekend. Om Monday morning, we meet at Canada and proceed around the World Showcase to Mexico, having a drink in each country along the way. 11 countries and drinks in all, I think. Disney even sells shirts to help you keep track as you go, where there's a box next to each country's name for you to check off with a Sharpie.

My DH and I would like to join in. What time do you usually get started? Is this the Monday after Dopey?

I am in for Dopey #2! And got DH all signed up for the 5K. Now it's time to prepare for those dark thirty wake ups!:scared1:

In for Dopey #2!

(Now to break the news to my boss...at least she's okay with me working remotely from Floriday. I think.)

We will start in Canada on Monday after Dopey. We will start around 11 or 11:30, John will confirm.

I'm also interested in doing this Around the World Challenge:thumbsup2 Dw and I have made it as far as Germany last year :rotfl2:.... One question...if we start at Canada... will there be wheelchair at England for us to use:rotfl2:

I'm also interested in doing this Around the World Challenge:thumbsup2 Dw and I have made it as far as Germany last year :rotfl2:.... One question...if we start at Canada... will there be wheelchair at England for us to use:rotfl2:

England is only the 2nd stop from Canada (we go counterclockwise). I hope you can make it further than that.

If we start in Canada and you need a wheelchair by England, you'll never make it the rest of the way around. :)

We will start in Canada on Monday after Dopey. We will start around 11 or 11:30, John will confirm.

The bar at Canada (really just a drink cart) starts serving at noon, though they have been known to let us start earlier than that in the past.

I registered right around noon. Then I went back to the salt mines. The next chance I had to check was 4 hours later and Dopey is already sold out! Crazy!

I guess it's nice to see the Dopey challenge so popular but for those poor souls that can't aren't able to register immediately - I feel bad for them! I'd be crushed.

I'm official now too! I can't believe how fast it sold out. I know it's Disney and that's the way it is for all the races now, but I thought for sure w/ the anniversary year Goofy would go first or at the very least have a & now.

The worst part is getting up at 3 AM four days in a row... but the feeling you get after crossing the finish line makes it ALL worth it. That's why we are going back for seconds. AND we are also slightly insane too, I'm sure that's part of it.

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter