Dopey 2015 Official Thread

I'm intending on signing my dad and I up for JUST the race(s) without RWC or Race Retreat.
I'm anxious that it's going to sell out before I can register us both :S
I've also to sign my mum up for the 10k at the same time.
I've got a horrible feeling that April 22nd will be very stressful.

I would sign up for the 10K first.
Then sign up for the half followed by the full.

Even as crazy as things were for the Avengers Half signup at Disneyland a few weeks ago that still took 2 hours to sell out. I think there are more spots available for the Disney Half and Full.

Not that it will be the same this year, but I do not think the half and full sold out last year until at least July or August. The 10K was another story. That was full pretty quick.

i'm in -- i just booked Pop. cannot wait for registration. i even requested my DH work from home so he can pick up my son from school so i can register when it opens pixiedust:

How did you book POP already? I went to Disney's website and it only gives me dates through 12/31. Nothing for 2015 yet. :(

How did you book POP already? I went to Disney's website and it only gives me dates through 12/31. Nothing for 2015 yet. :(

You can call and make a room only reservation. However, instead of the $200 deposit you put down when booking a package, a room only reservation requires a one night deposit. The plus is that I believe you can cancel up to 48 hours before check in..

You can call and make a room only reservation. However, instead of the $200 deposit you put down when booking a package, a room only reservation requires a one night deposit. The plus is that I believe you can cancel up to 48 hours before check in..

Gotcha. I'm currently a Disney Store CM, but think I'll go ahead and make a reservation somewhere at rack then if I'm still a CM when those rates come out, I'll do a separate one and cxl the first. :) And I'm not locked into staying at the store if I manage to find a part-time job I like better (or just decide to do without one).

Trust me, you can sleep when you get home. No matter how tired you are, you're revving to go to the parks and have fun. Plus, the 5K and 10K won't wear you out, then after the half you only have the full left, so. This year was my first full and on Sunday afternoon we were whipped. But it was fabulous sitting at Ragland Road Sunday afternoon, with the fire pits lit, the live band and dancers outside and cold beer.

The mornings come early but excitement has you pumped up. Plus, you can't wait to get to the parks to show off the medals. We usually headed out as soon as we were showered, then maybe went back at 330/4 to the room for a quick rest, and back at 530 for more park excitement. Monday and Tuesday were great, just the legs didn't agree. But it was the first marathon and really skimped on the training.

But, hey, it's the Happiest Place On Earth!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Trust me, you can sleep when you get home. No matter how tired you are, you're revving to go to the parks and have fun. Plus, the 5K and 10K won't wear you out, then after the half you only have the full left, so. This year was my first full and on Sunday afternoon we were whipped. But it was fabulous sitting at Ragland Road Sunday afternoon, with the fire pits lit, the live band and dancers outside and cold beer.

The mornings come early but excitement has you pumped up. Plus, you can't wait to get to the parks to show off the medals. We usually headed out as soon as we were showered, then maybe went back at 330/4 to the room for a quick rest, and back at 530 for more park excitement. Monday and Tuesday were great, just the legs didn't agree. But it was the first marathon and really skimped on the training.

But, hey, it's the Happiest Place On Earth!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

DW and I ran the full last year. Once that was done, we showered and were back to Epcot as fast as we could get there. It's a good feeling walking around with the medal on and having all the CMs congratulate you. Plus walking around the WC with a drink in hand makes for a fitting end to the weekend.

Not to mention is that walking is the best thing to do after running that full. Your legs will be better for it come Monday morning.

Not to mention is that walking is the best thing to do after running that full. Your legs will be better for it come Monday morning.

agree! after sunday's race i went home and had my ice bath followed by heavenly hot shower. slapped on my very attractive calf sleeves and high-tailed it to epcot where i met up with my family and some friends for a nice drink in mexico.

i have two small kids who are chock ful of energy and that helped having to walk around for the better part of the rest of the day. so much so that i had no soreness on monday! it was a disney miracle, considering after the NYC marathon i was hobbling for a few days.

what helped me the most (i think) with the early wake ups and all the jitters was NOT taking a nap. i just went to bed early each night, maybe around 8. saturday night i was so tired from getting up the three previous mornings that i had no problem falling asleep that night. it helped me get some good rest before the final 26.2 miles.

After my showering, I schlepped all six medals around to all four parks icons and then to something distinguishing in each country around World Showcase. I slept in on Monday a bit.

I'm in through the Runner's World Challenge for the Dopey!! :) Officially registered and paid for! Now I guess I have to do it :rotfl: Mom and I are gonna have a Disney week, can-not wait!! Haven't been in Disney since I graduated high school for graduation night in 1996.

I have a Half Ironman in October and I'm coached so I think I will be in good shape for the event. Guess there will be some more running thrown in there :D Coach hasn't let me down so far! He knew I was more likely than not to sign up for this.

Am I crazy, or are the dates wrong on this? It should be the 10th and 11th, right?

i like how the goofy spinner has a picture of him upside down. it's cute.

It's a nice Goofy touch!!I'm glad they came out with the medal as I've honestly been going back and forth for the last couple of days if I'll do Goofy or just the full and I think just seeing the medal is putting me at a 95% chance I'm signing up for Goofy later this week with the passholder early registration.I think this morning I was at 45% not doing Goofy and sticking to the full but the medal swayed me.The 2013 Disney full was my first full and it was the 20th anniversary,2015 will be my first Goofy and it's the 10th anniversary,I'll stick to the full for 2016 and 2017 so when 2018 comes around I pretty much have to do the Dopey for the 5th anniversary.

Am I crazy, or are the dates wrong on this? It should be the 10th and 11th, right?

The dates are wrong. I assume they'll get that fixed before they mass produce them, and also fire the intern that didn't proofread things before the sample was made. :)

Sign up day tomorrow for some. I guess it's time to really commit and put some money down. Well, I've already got the hotel and plane ticket settled so I guess I'm pretty committed already but it's still the official locking in of the full race weekend.

Please leave some spots open for those of us that have to wait until next week to register :)

Quick question. Do Dopey runners only get a Dopey tech shirt, or do you get one for each race? I'm guessing it's only Dopey, but I want one for each! Guess I'll be spending a lot of money at the expo on "I Did it" shirts.

Please leave some spots open for those of us that have to wait until next week to register :)

Quick question. Do Dopey runners only get a Dopey tech shirt, or do you get one for each race? I'm guessing it's only Dopey, but I want one for each! Guess I'll be spending a lot of money at the expo on "I Did it" shirts.

In the past they have set a side a certain percentage of spots for AP and DVC early registration, not allowing only AP'ers and DVC members to fill the entire race field.

The Dopey gets six shirts, (5K, 10K, Half, Full, Goofy, Dopey) and the same applies for finishers in regards to medals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter