DoorDash delivering alcohol to Boardwalk

monorailmom

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I am aware of the policy change for having alcohol delivered to the resort. My question is specifically whether anyone has had luck using DoorDash to deliver alcohol to the Boardwalk. I have heard that the Epcot resorts do not allow it. I was just curious if anyone had been successful, and if not, who did you use? Thanks!

Hi all! I am aware of the policy change for having alcohol delivered to the resort. My question is specifically whether anyone has had luck using DoorDash to deliver alcohol to the Boardwalk. I have heard that the Epcot resorts do not allow it. I was just curious if anyone had been successful, and if not, who did you use? Thanks!
I think the issue is having alcohol delivered to Bell Services when the guest is not there.

If you are having alcohol delivered and you are going to personally meet the driver, I don't think it would be a problem.

I'm not sure if your specific question refers to having the guest meet the DoorDash driver, or having the DoorDash driver deliver to Bell Services when the guest is elsewhere.

I think the issue is having alcohol delivered to Bell Services when the guest is not there.

If you are having alcohol delivered and you are going to personally meet the driver, I don't think it would be a problem.

I'm not sure if your specific question refers to having the guest meet the DoorDash driver, or having the DoorDash driver deliver to Bell Services when the guest is elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply! We would be there to meet the driver. Our daughter has had problems whenever at an Epcot resort getting a DoorDash person to deliver there. It may just be coincidental bad luck, but she is convinced those resorts are so busy they don't allow them to drop off there.

We have used Garden Grocer (many times and sometimes with alcohol) and Amazon Fresh (one time w/o aclcohol) at YC without any issues. This was before the policy change, however. I have never been present to meet the driver for any deliveries.

It seems like a bit of a time waste and extra expense imo. It is not illegal to put some alcohol in your checked bag. I brought a nice bottle of bourbon with me on my last trip for those after park day wind downs or post hot tub. I’ve also brought cans and bottles of beer with me all over the country. Socks work well, I shrink wrap everything, ziplock bags are your friend. But that’s just me.

I guess a benefit to using door dash would be that you can see where the driver is at least so you can kind of plan to intercept them and hopefully not be idle for too long.

It seems like a bit of a time waste and extra expense imo. It is not illegal to put some alcohol in your checked bag. I brought a nice bottle of bourbon with me on my last trip for those after park day wind downs or post hot tub. I’ve also brought cans and bottles of beer with me all over the country. Socks work well, I shrink wrap everything, ziplock bags are your friend. But that’s just me.

I guess a benefit to using door dash would be that you can see where the driver is at least so you can kind of plan to intercept them and hopefully not be idle for too long.
How do you bring a bottle of bourbon in your carry on? I can’t get a full size bottle of shampoo through security

BWV is our home resort so we usually stay 2 weeks per trip. We always take liquor in our checked baggage. (Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol are limited in checked bags to 5 liters (1.3 gallons) per passenger)

The Speedway just across the street from the BoardWalk entrance has a great beer selection and some wine too. It is priced similarly to beer/wine stores off property. It is a short walk from the lobby past the parking lot and one easy to cross street with a boulevard.

Mini bottles! TSA does not care what your liquid is if it’s 3.4oz or less!
Still has to fit in a quart size bag. Mine is usually full of sunscreen, toothpaste, etc.

I have packed small bottles of wine in checked luggage for travel.

Still has to fit in a quart size bag. Mine is usually full of sunscreen, toothpaste, etc.

I have packed small bottles of wine in checked luggage for travel.
Eh. Quart is actually very “ish”. TSA conveniently only defines 2 dimensions 🤯 The assumption is it means a quart ziploc- but they never say that. Once my BFF told me that I upgraded to a small quart-like bag thing from the trustee old ziploc bag my life got a lot cheaper lol. And I googled the living daylights out of it after she told me she’d been traveling like that forever because I was certain the TSA was basically gonna bust me two seconds after I stepped out my front door. Alas, the end result was think of quart sized as a “guideline”…

At the end of the day what the TSA officer says is the rule of your day though. Never, ever argue, just throw out what they don’t like! (So what if you throw out some mini bottles? Big whoop. But don’t try to bring on anything over 3.4oz, that gets their goat! I saw some people last year trying to bring a whole champagne bottle through! If you guessed those 2 people left the line and attempted to chug the bottle you would be correct 🤢 )

And if you gotta check wine sleeves are the best way to transport any checked booze! I wrap it some of those super soaker yellow towels from Costco, seal it in the bag and then pack it among clothes for extra padding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter