Door magnets and Kids gifts

happily single

Left foot first!
Some of my family, including a 4 and 6 yr old nieces are taking a Disney Cruise soon. I'd like to get some a special gift or something fun to do. Someone in the Community Board suggested door magnets. I immediatley thought it would be fun if I could get a pack of magnets that the girls could arrange and re-arrange on the doors. However, all the magnets I am seeing on Etsy and Amazon are single magnets and are a bit pricey. Any ideas?

Also, any other ideas on small, inexpensive goodies I can get for the girls? I'm hoping to spend less than $50 total.

You can purchase Magnet paper sheets made by Avery and design something on your computer, print them out and then cut them into shapes to put together like a puzzle or little magnets to rearrange.

My son loved the magnets on the door, do it! I did the whole project for so cheap, here's how:
There's a FB group of graphic artists who create the magnet designs for free on the premise that they will not be used for profit. I printed all the ones our family would like and then printed out on a standard printer. I cut them out and then laminated them. Cut that out. I bought magnets at Michaels and taped them on the back, Voila!
The whole thing cost me $10 and I think we had 20 magnets.

My son loved the magnets on the door, do it! I did the whole project for so cheap, here's how:
There's a FB group of graphic artists who create the magnet designs for free on the premise that they will not be used for profit. I printed all the ones our family would like and then printed out on a standard printer. I cut them out and then laminated them. Cut that out. I bought magnets at Michaels and taped them on the back, Voila!
this is a great idea. unfortunately, my time is limited and I'm not looking to start crafting things myself

I’ve seen generic cruise door magnets on Amazon with sea or nautical themes. They’re usually a lot less expensive than the custom Disney themed door magnets. Those might be fun. Also, check dollar stores for small Disney themed trinkets for surprise gifts. We used to do this before going to the parks. You can find character figures, spinning tops, little washcloth “cubes” etc.

This is what I did too, in total I probably spent an hour doing it.
PXL_20231006_075408917.jpg

Someone had a magnetic poetry kit on their door on a recent cruise that passersby would make "poetry" with. It was fun. There are kids sets on amazon, and you could add some of your own Disney words or pics (just print on cardstock and add a stick on magnet).

Here's a pack of 20 for $15. I can't vouch for how well they'll work for your idea , but Melissa and Doug is a decent brand. I think there is a similar set of princesses.
https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Character-Developmental-Disney-Inspired/dp/B00P2SL7JI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=27RHPTG7Y5WWW&keywords=disney+magnets+for+kids&qid=1697815200&sprefix=disney+magnets+for+kid,aps,445&sr=8-2

Great find. These look perfect. Thank you!
Might need to buy a pack of stronger magnets to glue onto the back of these.

another fun thing is a magnetic whiteboard. Draw pic of today's activities, ask a question of the day (saw this where people were asked to vote with tally marks), trivia, leave notes for each other, etc.

Note--you need pretty strong magnets to get things to stick to the doors, especially something heavier than a piece of paper.

Would you mind sharing the FB group? Also, what strength magnets did you use? We tried magnetic paper a couple of cruises ago and it wasn't strong enough to stick. Thank you!

Would you mind sharing the FB group? Also, what strength magnets did you use? We tried magnetic paper a couple of cruises ago and it wasn't strong enough to stick. Thank you!
From Michaels I bought ProMAG Round Ceramic Magnets, they worked perfectly!
The FB Group is called 'Disney Graphics YOU can personalize....' there's a lot more but you should be able to find it with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter