Don't tell my son....

connie254

Disney fanatic
where I hid the MBs for our trip. They are in a suitcase and we won't pack until the day before our trip. If he finds them before that I will be searching for them throughout the house because he will put them where he wants and won't tell me. Just before I open that suitcase on the day before, they will go in my purse. The yellow tags for the trip-hidden in a book that is non Disney related.
Oh, the joys of an autistic Disney obsessed 26 year old son.

That made me smile. Hope you have a terrific trip with your son.

That made me smile. Hope you have a terrific trip with your son.
We always do. This is our 14th trip in 20 years. We were supposed to go week after Labor Day and stay at Pop for free dining, my friends were suppose to be in another room. Irma screwed up the plans and I was busy clling Disney and Southwest on that Tuesday. I'm sure he overheard part of the conversation but didn't know what was happening. Next morning, I heard "go to Disney on Saturday" and immediately said no, bad weather, airplane can't land, etc because he doesn't understand hurricanes-so I said the one thing which he understood and was close to the truth-Disney is closed. He started having a major meltdown, then I told him we were going in November instead-slightly calmer but not much. Staying at Riverside-got his attention. Reminded him about Yeeha Bob being at Riverside-that stopped the meltdown immediately. I think he likes Yeeha Bob more than anything in the park, except TSM and food.

AAAAHHHHH! Your son sounds SO AWESOME!!! :D :D :D
Reminds me a lot of when I was little and I used to sneak stuff...:P (Don't ask which stuff. Or else. :D)

This is not Disney related - but I thought you might enjoy this story. I have a friend with an adult autistic son. When he was the age of your son he would often accompany her when she came over to visit. He preferred to sit in the den alone listing to his IPOD. He rarely said a word more than hello.

I was living with my father who was in his late 80s. My father would also retire to the den. My friend's son and my father became fast friends. Her son talked his head off with him. My friend was shocked as he never did that with anyone but her and her husband. My dad is gone now, but I have such sweet memories of their friendship. My dad never looked at him as a young man who was autistic - he was just a young man that my dad enjoyed talking to.

We love to visit POR and catch Bob's show; he is truly one-of-a-kind!

Wishing you all the most Magical trip possible! :)

where I hid the MBs for our trip. They are in a suitcase and we won't pack until the day before our trip. If he finds them before that I will be searching for them throughout the house because he will put them where he wants and won't tell me. Just before I open that suitcase on the day before, they will go in my purse. The yellow tags for the trip-hidden in a book that is non Disney related.
Oh, the joys of an autistic Disney obsessed 26 year old son.

Why not put them in a safe?

I'm going to be there in the week leading up to Thanksgiving! YEE-HAW!

P.S. Right now I'm watching the Star Trek episode "The Changeling" - because it's that episode's 50th anniversary! :) Are you guys Trekkies? I know, :offtopic: Just curious...

I'm going to be there in the week leading up to Thanksgiving! YEE-HAW!

P.S. Right now I'm watching the Star Trek episode "The Changeling" - because it's that episode's 50th anniversary! :) Are you guys Trekkies? I know, :offtopic: Just curious...
I watched the original series when it was syndicated and on Saturday nights. But I wouldn't be called a Trekkie.

Perhaps you should get one if this is an issue.
The post was meant to be cute, and honest. He only places the MBs where he wants, only is a problem because they arrive weeks before the trip. Other things he has taken as his own and I had to have, I've asked him and he knows where he puts them. Because the MBs are so important to the trip, I need to make sure I know where they are.

The post was meant to be cute, and honest. He only places the MBs where he wants, only is a problem because they arrive weeks before the trip. Other things he has taken as his own and I had to have, I've asked him and he knows where he puts them. Because the MBs are so important to the trip, I need to make sure I know where they are.

Thanks for clarifying. Your original post sounded like you were looking for advice. BTW, I hope you have your computer passcoded, or his internet access blocked, as if he sees this (it would show in your history) he will know where the bands are ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter