Don't Pet the Sweaty Things. An Aug Solo Birthday Trip. Updated 11/13!!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Pluto0809, Aug 16, 2018.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Glad you enjoyed the dessert party! This is the only one I have done and would do it again.

2. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Glad to hear it! Welcome home.

As she should be!

Did you laugh at them all as you walked past?

Well, that stinks. Boring!

That's sweet.

I couldn't believe how hot those flames felt, even standing so far away!

Wow, that was nice of him!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

You're going to need a new office, then.

;)

Of course. I totally knew that.

:rolleyes1

ah

I completely understand. My fraternity mascot was... I didn't go to a frat.
    But my high school mascot was... we didn't have one.
    But my College mascot was.... I don't even know.

So there's that.

:laughing:

::yes::

Oh....

I actually recognized him. That's Mansiri Okabenwa. And you're right, he doesn't speak much English.
    I'm sure you were telling him "Everything will be okay". Except in his language, "O" and "K", are phonetic equivalents to "Death" and "Awaits".

So you were basically telling him he was going to die.

5. pkondz

Welcome back! Glad to hear it was good! :)

:) Always nice to get a DISmeet in.

I know a lot of guys who always try to get near the pole.

But I think we may be talking about different things.

Nice outfit. :)

:laughing:

I can understand that. I really can.

Thanks! And everything looks yummy, too.

I'm the same. I like milk chocolate, not dark.

Hope you waved as you passed them. :laughing:

:( Sorry to hear that.

Wow. So... then you didn't really meet him, did you.
    Just because you're solo or an adult, doesn't mean you should be rushed like that.

:laughing: Nervous about being with strangers... so talks to strangers instead.

:goodvibes

:lmao:

I like that! Cool!

Oops. Oh well...

:eek: Whoa!

Huh. I've never seen it. And I won't on my upcoming trip, either.

:hug: Ya hit the wall. It happens.

Just a bit.

Nice! I bet, considering how tired you were, that you were pretty happy about that.

Bummer

6. Skywatcher1206

Skywatcher1206 Earning My Ears

Great report so far! Did you know that there is a single rider line for TT? It is typically even faster that Fastpass!

7. cheryllarsen

cheryllarsen DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting! Enjoyed the read.

8. cheryllarsen

cheryllarsen DIS Veteran

I've enjoyed reading your trip reports. Thanks!

9. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

Thanks! It was a very nice dessert party.

Hi Lisa! I do think I have your report bookmarked. I'm still trying to play catch up from my Disney trip but I'll definitely get to your report soon.

I think you are joining us for the MK one in May, right? So you will get to experience one! I love both this one and the MK one but there weren't as many savory options at the MK one last time I did it. But I normally don't care about anything but the sweets.

I hope you had a wonderful time at the party!

You know me, I got totally flustered and that's what came out of my mouth. :rotfl2:

We have the Chewbacca one too and he is a bit creepy. I guess the are handing out Darth Vader ones now.

I didn't have the kids on shoulders thank goodness. That would have really made me mad.

It was so nice of that bus driver to take us all!

I definitely plan on doing this one again in the future! I really like the MK one too and want to try the Frozen one at Epcot someday.

I think she had a really good time with the Stormtroopers. They were seated a few tables away so I was able to watch a lot of the fun.

No I was nice, just gave them a superior smirk.

It was a horrible meet and greet, one of the worst one I've every had.

He was a very cute little boy!

It was definitely hot up close too. Not the most welcome on a muggy August night!

I was very appreciative of that bus driver. Who knows how long I would have waited otherwise.

Maybe eventually! I do have lots of shelf space yet so I'm good for a few years especially if I limit the elephant purchases to Disney trips.

I believed you completely. ;)

I thought, how could you not know? And then I tried to remember what my college mascot was. Huh, total blank. :confused3

:rotfl:

Definitely! I can't wait till May and the epic DIS meet. I think you are going to be there at that time too. We will have to see if there's a quick moment to say hi again.

:scared1: :P

She was definitely dressed for the party!

Personally I don't mind sitting with other people as long as they are pleasant. I mostly worry about getting someone who is annoyed or angry with having to sit with strangers.

It was! I want a few of those peanut butter/chocolate cupcakes right now.

Yep, milk chocolate all the way for me. I'm not a fan of white chocolate either.

No I was nice although I might have had a bit of a superior smile going.

I think it was the worse meet and greet I've ever done.

Ha! Actually the little boy initiated because he wanted to show everyone his box of sweets.

They give out some nice gifts at the end of that party. We have a Chewbacca stein from a few years ago and I read that it's a Darth Vader stein now.

I don't think it will be a priority for me going forward either although I do like the dessert party. It's definitely not on the schedule for next May.

It definitely happened to me that night!

I was! Not only for the quickness but also for the nice cushy seats on that bus.

I do know about the single rider line but they don't give the times on the APP and I was too lazy to walk over to the ride so see how long it was. I also knew that we would be riding TT in October so I wasn't too worried about getting on during this trip.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in.

10. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

A Pandora Kind of Morning

I was up and out the door on Saturday 8/11 a little after 6 am. I was surprised I managed to do that because once again I didn’t sleep too well. But I guess the call of FOP was strong enough to get me up and moving. There was morning EMH that day that started at 7 am and I’m pretty sure I got on the first bus to Animal Kingdom but still ran into this.

[​IMG]

Yep, that was the FOP line almost backed up to Africa! The time stamp on this photo is 7:05 am so I definitely made it to the park early. Lots of people apparently got there before me! But I really wanted to ride FOP more than once so I decided to stick it out.

I decided to be that annoyingly loud person and used the time in line to call and talk to my Mom. We had been texting a lot but I wanted to give her more details about my trip so far. We talked for about a ½ hour which is about the time it took to get into the regular line. I was handed the warning card they give out now on the ride. This was the first time I got one of those.

[​IMG]

Once Mom and I hung up, I took a few line pictures to pass the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think overall I waited about 50 minutes for the ride. Still worth that wait and this was the 5th time I’ve ridden it!

EMH was over when I was done with FOP so I took a few more pictures in Pandora and then headed out to other areas of the park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My next destination was an old favorite, Dinosaur. It was still a walk on so it wasn’t very long until I was headed into the past. Like I said earlier, I kind of ran out of ride photo ideas this trip. The lady in the back seat really owned this photo. I can't figure out what the two guys in the middle seat are doing if anything.

[​IMG]

When I finished up on Dinosaur I realized I was a bit hungry. Once again, the Cheerios I had a few hours before did not fill me up enough. Well AK sucks for breakfast spots so I ended up grabbing a cookie and bottle of water in the Dinosaur dump shop.

[​IMG]

I sat at a picnic table near Primeval Whirl and enjoyed the cookie. Probably not the most healthy morning snack but calories don’t count at Disney, right?

After that I headed back towards Africa and got in line for the Safari. I had a FP for later that day but decided I wanted to ride it twice. On the way there, I walked through the Africa store and I finally spotted an elephant I wanted to buy. I already have one from Animal Kingdom but I really liked this one and it was very different from the first one I bought. I decided to get it after the Safari which as you will see in a minute was a very good idea.

I don’t remember what the posted wait time was but I took this photo at 9:15 am right before I got in line.

[​IMG]

And my first shot on the Safari was taken at 9:42 am so just under a half hour wait.

[​IMG]

The main thing I remember about this Safari was our crazy driver, Zach. He talked a mile a minute so you could barely understand him and also drove like an absolute mad man. I’ve never been thrown around so much on the Safari before! Thank goodness I didn’t have the breakable elephant figurine with me! Needless to say, my photos aren’t the best but here’s what I did get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was pretty happy to get off of that Safari truck at the end of the ride!

I wanted to hit up the 11 am Lion King show before heading out of the park to my lunch ADR at the Boathouse but I still had a bit of time before I had to get in line. So I headed to the Gorilla Falls trail to visit my favorite baby Gorillas.

The Colobus Monkeys were mostly inside except for one that was half way there. I don’t blame them for staying out of the heat!

[​IMG]

A few pictures from the aviary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meerkat.

[​IMG]

When I made it to the Gorilla enclosure only one of the little boys was out. I think the one in the middle might be Lilly but she’s 7 years old now and has gotten so big it’s hard to distinguish her from the other females.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only spotted one of the Bachelor males before heading out and towards the Lion King theater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the way to FOLK, I stopped and picked up my Elephant (or rather Elephants) for the trip.

[​IMG]

And here they are on a shelf at work with my previous elephant purchases. From left to right, stone elephant from Venice Beach (Disneyland trip), faux jade elephant from the China Pavilion, animal prints elephant from AK, new one purchased on this trip.

[​IMG]

Up Next: I Finally Crash on a Soggy Afternoon

Tracy161, DLo, BlvInMagic and 4 others like this.
  11. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

Guess you'll have to go back!! :darth:

Ooh, I haven't seen these before either. I do like that it says specifically your whole party needs to be together; however, I wonder if/how they really enforce it if people do get out of line for bathrooms or whatever.

I like your face--it's like, Oh, hello old friend? :)
    I think those guys look like they're just holding on their glasses! LOL Not sure what they were going for otherwise!

Yum!! I LOVE those cookies! I'm usually using up snack credits on those to take home with me!

Yuck, I imagine you were!! I "get" being bounced around a bit, but it sounds like you were really tossed!!

Nice little collection there :) And I LOVE the pic of you and your Mom with the Osborne lights and cracked up at you, Jim and Gaston LOL

12. pkondz

I give it 6 months, tops.

SEEEEE?????

Hope so. :)
    I'm thinking I'm going to have to post... something?
    "We'll be in _____ park on this day, so if you're there, shoot me a text."

Something like that?

Ugh. Yeah, that wouldn't be fun.

Heh. Just to mess with you, if we meet, I'll be a real jerk. Well, more of a jerk. ;)

well.... yeah! Who wouldn't!?!?

I'll eat white... but not much. I get sick of it pretty quickly.

:thumbsup2

Not cool, Disney!

Awwww.... :)

:hug:

mmmm.... cushy seats...

13. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

:faint: Wow, that is nuts! I only did FoP once, but I am glad I had a FP for it.

Of course on the other hand, I would gladly wait that long for this ride. One thing I regret about FP is that you miss so much of the queue, and it looks pretty amazing. I think 50 minutes would go by fairly quickly in a queue like that.

14. pkondz

:( Too bad. I've always said "No sleep like a Disney sleep."

::yes:: That'd do it. :)

:eek:

Holy crap!
    I may have to revise my plans with my DD for this May.

What did you do when people were turning and staring at you?

Huh. Hadn't heard of that. I guess they must have had.... issues.

This is what one does. I've never actually been in the non-FP line.

Wow! I've got a long ways to go to catch up with you. :)

::yes::

I think they're just adjusting their glasses.

Well... no. It's Cheerios. And there's an entire World of Disney snacks at your disposal, you know.

It does?
    Hmmm.... not a Cinnamon roll fan?

Ugh. Please Disney, take out this monstrosity and replace it with something that people might actually enjoy.

Right! :thumbsup2

Why?
    Not questioning your desire, just that's a one and done per trip for me.

Ah ha! I told you! Six months! Tops!

Not bad at all!

Ouch. I don't think I would've been overly happy with that.

Giraffe clotheslines itself at Disney Park. News at Eleven.

Clotheslined giraffe pukes up its food. News at Eleven.

I think they missed the best chance to name these guys. They should've called them KoolKats.

Just sayin'.

They grow up so fast. Soon she'll be asking for the car keys and demanding her own cell banana.

Nice. :)

15. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I love to follow the Gorilla families at AK, so fun to see each trip.
    I’m glad you found an elephant you liked and good thing it wasn’t with you on the bumpy Safari!

FoP is worth a little longer wait in my opinion

16. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good morning so far!! Love the new elephant addition.

17. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

The SWAGS dessert party seems like fun. I wanted to try it again since they switched it from my previous trip, but I won't have any opportunity in May.

18. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Just back from WDW so playing catch up!

19. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

missjackiemcg likes this.
  20. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Holy cow. People don't mess around with that ride.

50 minutes! That's more than I'm usually willing to take. I regret not being able to see the queue area, though.

Maybe the dinosaur is stinky?

I could see this making the ride better! :woohoo:

21. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Hope you had a wonderful time at Disney - I'm excited to read about it :thumbsup2

I hadn't even considered that possibility for the one I went to solo. There weren't any assignments when I went in May - it was actually quite a light crowd and maybe that's why. It was pouring rain the entire time so when they brought us out to the designated spot, almost no one even went out. It was miserable! :sad2: I need a redo ::yes:: Should have joined you ;)

What a bummer! This would have been super frustrating for me - after all, it's one of the reasons for going!

Calories definitely do NOT count at Disney :thumbsup2