Don't Pet the Sweaty Things. An Aug Solo Birthday Trip. Updated 12/4!!

Flame tree is good but I’m all aboard on the Satuli train now.

Looks like a great day! NRJ does tend to have short waits at night. Sounds like that girl was really excited about her experience. I always love seeing those types of things.

How terrible that people were stealing the pins! Ruining it for those who were actually following the rules

I want to send a shout out to the DISer I meet on Saturday night at the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey game.
Wow - you're DisFamous :thumbsup2

But as I passed by Flame Tree, the smell of barbecue wafting in the air drew me in like a fly to honey. I ended up getting my usual half chicken meal which was delicious as always.
If it's not broke, don't fix it, right? I understand - Flame Tree is amazing!!!

It seems that since they changed the meal plan to not include a dessert with QS, a lot of desserts have been eliminated off the QS menus.
What?! I didn't know this :scared1:

I had a nasty disappointment in October when I discovered that the chocolate mousse cake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is gone.
Oh, no... what a bummer :sad2: A nasty disappointment, indeed. I find this wasn't the first Sunshine Seasons disappointment - they have pulled other things that I'm obsessed with before, too :sad:

I enjoyed the ride a bit more as this was the second time around. I think since I knew what was coming I was able to appreciate the ride for what it was.
I'm anxious to ride this another time myself. I've only done it once, and I wasn't overly impressed, but I bet I'd really enjoy it now that I know what it is.

I asked a CM at one of the carts and she told me that people were stealing the pins without trading so they stopped having the boards.
Oh, no! That's really unfortunate. A classic example of a few people ruining it for the rest of us :sad2:

What lovely photos you got in Pandora that night - it's extra magical at night, isn't it?! :cloud9:

That wonderful smell at Flame Tree is always so inviting. I do love Satu’li now and choose this over Flame Tree.

I really like NRJ for what it is, beautiful to look at and relaxing!

Sorry the bubble wand didn’t thrill the dogs, haha! My little buddy would be afraid of it for sure.

I do hope we can meet up in May! I'd post my plans now but as always, they will probably change 100 times between now and then. I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to fit the new Mickey Mouse show at HS into my plans.

Keep an eye on my TR. I hope to post thoughts/parks eventually.

I only rode Body Wars one time and that was on my honeymoon.

I was thinking there was no way... then saw it ran until 2007. Which really surprised me. For some reason I thought it had closed much earlier.

I only rode Body Wars one time and that was on my honeymoon. Jim hated the ride so much and got a bit nauseous more from the scenes than the motion, that he wouldn't ride anything else after that where he couldn't see the full ride. I still regret missing Dinosaur or whatever it was called back then because I know we would have both loved it. He refused to ride because he thought it was another simulator ride like Body Wars.

You mean the predecessor to Ellen's Energy? That one, I never did. But I did do the previous one. Interesting concept, but... not that great a show. Just... okay.

Yeah, it's a great ride and the line is very cool but an hour is about the most I would wait. Rope drop on EMH mornings is the best time to see the line.

Plan on doing that. Rope drop, I mean.

OK, first I need to yell at you for not having seen FOLK for at least 4 years. ;) But yeah, the new location does seem a bit more muggy. They also seem to pack more people in the waiting area now then they did before.

So... you want to yell at me for avoiding been crammed in like a sardine and not being able to breathe.

Got it.

;)

Not me but the teenagers in the bus line with me certainly were. My eardrums are still ringing from that one.

Ugh.

And... ouch.

Huh, didn't know that. I will have to remember it for next time. I wasn't too worried about opening up the spot though because most of the restaurants at DS don't fill up for lunch.

Ah! Yes, there is that. All the more reason to just call and cancel. Probably won't charge you if there's empty seats anyways. Just guessing mind you.

I'm always hungry especially when reading TRs on the DIS! So many food pictures.

::yes::

He survived. I guess I could have just carried him onto the plane, I've done that before. I have no shame so being an adult carrying a huge stuffed animal doesn't bother me at all.

"Mommy? Why does that grown up have a stuffed doggy?"
"She's "special", dear. Stop staring."

Yep, the blade comes off and goes in that hole in the base and then it folds in half. It's also rechargeable with an Iphone cord.

Nice!

I didn't actually see the FPs they were handing out but my guess would be that they excluded both FOP and NRJ.

Probably.

Before I start this update, I want to send a shout out to the DISer I meet on Saturday night at the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey game. I tend to get a bit flustered when I'm recognized so I totally forgot to ask your name and DIS name. Sorry about that! It was great to meet you and I hope you will stop in and say hi.

You got recognized! How cool is that!
No one's ever recognized me. Maybe some day. :)

I was getting hungry after EE

Yep. A 20 hour wait in line will do that.

as I passed by Flame Tree, the smell of barbecue wafting in the air drew me in like a fly to honey.

That would do it for me too.

Mmmmm.... BBQ.

I ended up getting my usual half chicken meal which was delicious as always.

That looks good! Well... not the beans (for me), but the rest.

I had a pretty nice view too.

Very nice. :)

They no longer have the chocolate mousse dessert I used to get at Flame Tree

Well... that's tragic.

they changed the meal plan to not include a dessert with QS,

I didn't know this. Glad I'm not doing that anymore.
Well.... unless it's free, then maybe.

I had a nasty disappointment in October when I discovered that the chocolate mousse cake at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is gone.

:( Unfair. They better not get rid of the strawberry shortcake!

I did mobile order this time and waited in the shade outside the restaurant until my order was ready. It took about 10 minutes so I don’t think I saved a huge amount of time by doing that.

Hmm... I don't know if I'll use mobile. At the quickservices, I'm never really sure what I want until I get there and think about the menu items for a bit.

The cake was very good and I ate everything except the little red things on top. Not sure what they were but I was afraid they might be peppers.

Hmm... no idea. I think I'd tentatively put one in my mouth and see.
Pepper? <spit!>
Cherry? Oh, okay, that's fine.

I took this one shadowy picture before getting in line.

Oooohh.... spooky.

I have no desire to own one of the expensive Banshee puppets

No kidding. Anywhere outside of AK and it looks.... weird. And... what are they? $80 or something? Insane.

Cute. :)

Yep, I’m still 5 years old at heart!

:laughing:

When I exited the store, it was dark so I finally had a chance to see Pandora at night. I walked around a bit and took some pictures.

Nice! Isn't that place amazingly well done???

As I got near the line for NJR I saw that it was posted at a 45 minute wait.

I ended up waiting a total of 9 minutes.

Whoa! Slight over estimation! But it sure worked out well for you!

I think since I knew what was coming I was able to appreciate the ride for what it was.

I can see that. I didn't know what to expect. Now I do. And can relax and look around a bit more.

It was also fun to watch the little girl next to me. She was fascinated and wanted to ride again as soon as we got off.

Awwww... :)

I did make one more stop in one of the stores on the way out to pick up a bubble wand for my dogs.

Oh! I never would've thought of that.

Though I hadn’t tried bubbles with any of our current dogs, some of the ones we’ve had in the past loved chasing bubbles.

:)

It turned out to be an absolute failure. Elle and Buddy were terrified of it and Remy could care less.

well... shoot.

I headed out to the bus stop and it was just me and my shadow waiting for the bus.

Peter Pan is over in MK.

I asked a CM at one of the carts and she told me that people were stealing the pins without trading so they stopped having the boards.

Really? Stealing? In Disney?
You paid over $10,000 to be there and you risk all that for a pin? Let alone the moral issues. :sad2:

I don't get people.

It was great meeting you and your husband at the hockey game the other night. I was a bit flustered myself. I am a shy person and I wasn’t sure how to approach you. I hope I didn’t come off as crazy. I have read your trip reports through the years and I really enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me last Saturday. Go Glads!

But as I passed by Flame Tree, the smell of barbecue wafting in the air drew me in like a fly to honey. I ended up getting my usual half chicken meal which was delicious as always.

I don't think anyone can resist the siren call of Flame Tree.

When I exited the store, it was dark so I finally had a chance to see Pandora at night. I walked around a bit and took some pictures.

You got some great photos! It's really hard to get them in focus when it's that dark.

As I got near the line for NJR I saw that it was posted at a 45 minute wait. Well at that point I had nothing else on my schedule, I was wide awake from my nap that afternoon and I wasn't ready to head back to my room yet. I decided, what the heck, I would go for it. I could either stand in line or start heading back to my room for the night. So I started walking, and walking and walking. It was quite a while before I ran into any kind of line and then once I did I ended up waiting a total of 9 minutes.

I learned by the end of my visit not to trust the posted wait times at all!

Though I hadn’t tried bubbles with any of our current dogs, some of the ones we’ve had in the past loved chasing bubbles. I had previously brought them home most of the available dog toys so I thought this would be a good alternative. It turned out to be an absolute failure. Elle and Buddy were terrified of it and Remy could care less.

D'oh. So much for that idea.

Wow Was I ever behind! 4 pages! But I'm all caught up now and loved all 4 chapters I'd missed. :)

IMG_0689-L.png

Very awesome bounding right there!

That is what I'd be there for! Totally enough for a dinner!

If you remember, I ate way too much of the pretzel at Base Line Tap House so I wasn’t as hungry as I should have been for this party.

Ooopsies!

I will say this was the only thing I was disappointed in during the whole party. This meet and greet was super rushed. I entered the area, Kylo pointed at me and then at the floor, ordering me where to go and stand. I stood there, they snapped a picture and then ushered me out. There was zero interaction with him at all. I doubt I was in the room more than 30 seconds. So here’s my super awkward photo with him.

WHAT?! You paid a gazillion bucks for this and you got 30 seconds? Disney Fail.

The Stormtroopers did walk through a few times and spent some time harassing guests. At one point one of them stopped at my table. He just stood there and stared at me and finally I got a bit flustered and said “What?”. He replied “I’ll ask the question here” and then turned and left. Not sure what that was all about.

LOL!! I don't get that, but it is kinda funny.

I did wait about 10 minutes before heading out because this was the view from the raised platform.

Holy cow!! A sea of humanity!

Yep, that was the FOP line almost backed up to Africa! The time stamp on this photo is 7:05 am so I definitely made it to the park early. Lots of people apparently got there before me! But I really wanted to ride FOP more than once so I decided to stick it out.

I am so stymied at this. It's happened to me on the last few trips that you are there WAY before the posted opening time, only to find the park open and operating like it's been open for hours with looooooooooooooooooong lines. So don't get it!

I think overall I waited about 50 minutes for the ride. Still worth that wait and this was the 5th time I’ve ridden it!

Not bad. Not sure I'd do it, but better than I thought it'd ever be.

I sat at a picnic table near Primeval Whirl and enjoyed the cookie. Probably not the most healthy morning snack but calories don’t count at Disney, right?

Correct!

On the way to FOLK, I stopped and picked up my Elephant (or rather Elephants) for the trip.

I have a very similar set on my dresser here at home.

It was also thundering and there were huge flashes of lightning that I didn’t catch on that video.

Love me a good thunderstorm!

I took that picture around 12:20 and my lunch ADR at DS was 1:30. I knew I would be pushing it to change and catch a bus to DS in time to make that ADR. Plus I was exhausted at this point. So I made the decision to skip out on my ADR and take the $10 penalty. I’m sure I could have gone to the desk and come up with an excuse to have it cancelled without the penalty but I felt guilty doing that. I really didn’t have a good excuse other than being tired.

Sounds like a good call, but sorry you missed your lunch. :(

I had my alarm set for 4:00 pm but Mousekeeping, despite the Room Occupied sign I put out, knocked on the door around 3:30 pm. I did try to go back to sleep but I was wide awake after being jarred out of my sleep so I got up and headed back to AK for the evening.

WHY!? This is not okay!

The FP line had gotten a bit shorter while I waited so a few minutes before my FP time, I got in line. There was a CM going up and down the line offering anytime FPs for AK for later that week if you gave up your current FP. Guess they were getting desperate to shorten the lines. Since I was leaving the next day, I decided to just stick it out. And honestly it wasn’t too bad of a wait, maybe 15-20 minutes if I’m remembering correctly.

I've never heard of them doing this. Good tactic... and one that would probably work too!

So I started walking, and walking and walking. It was quite a while before I ran into any kind of line and then once I did I ended up waiting a total of 9 minutes. Talk about an inflated wait time!

What the heck?! How could they be so off?

People are so lame. I can't even believe this.

Love your animal print Elephant.

I did not know they had stuffies of the Banshees. I love stuffies as well. I need a new house just for the stuffies I have :rotfl:

Sucks that people are stealing the pins! Some people ruin all the fun! :sad2:

I am glad I got to enjoy Flame Tree in August. It had been on my list for a while. I was pleasantly surprised by the chicken. So often it can be dry in restaurants, but the Flame tree chicken was wonderful.

Flame Tree is the best! It's definitely one of my favorite CS restaurants in WDW.

I am disappointed I never got to see Pandora at night, it looks amazing. I only had on night at AK and it was near the end of the trip, so my family and I were just too tired to walk in there.

It was OK. What was there was beautiful but I wanted more.

That's interesting. We had the same thought with our cat. She loves chasing little balls and toy mice around the house, and flies and bugs outside in the summer. We figured bubbles might be the same. Nope. She hated them.

I think Ellie might have gone for them but the bubble wand scared her for some reason. I think it might have been the noise it made.

Flame Tree is hard to resist!

Wow, you definitely made the right call getting in line for NRJ! What a short wait!

Sounds like a good evening :)

That is definitely true about Flame Tree! I did finally try Satuli in October and it was wonderful too. It's going to be a hard decision between the two from now on!

I couldn't believe how short the NRJ line was with that posted wait time!

Flame tree is good but I’m all aboard on the Satuli train now.

Looks like a great day! NRJ does tend to have short waits at night. Sounds like that girl was really excited about her experience. I always love seeing those types of things.

I did like Satuli in October and liked it. CS is going to be a hard choice for me now at AK.

I'll have to remember to check out NRJ at night from now on. I couldn't believe how short the line was.

How terrible that people were stealing the pins! Ruining it for those who were actually following the rules

I know. :sad2: I used to love pin hunting at AK but it's no where near as fun now.

Wow - you're DisFamous :thumbsup2

It was a lot of fun being recognized outside of WDW.

If it's not broke, don't fix it, right? I understand - Flame Tree is amazing!!!

Flame Tree is one of my favorite CS at WDW. I did try Satuli in October and it was really good too.

What?! I didn't know this :scared1:

Well they didn't really eliminate anything. They took the dessert away from the CS and added an extra snack credit. I actually like that a lot because there isn't always a dessert at the Counter Services that I like. And if there is, I just use a snack credit to get it.

Oh, no... what a bummer :sad2: A nasty disappointment, indeed. I find this wasn't the first Sunshine Seasons disappointment - they have pulled other things that I'm obsessed with before, too :sad:

I was really surprised to see the cake gone. I'm pretty sure I tried it for the first time in 2010 so it had been there for a long time. The did have another mousse dish but it looked small and no where near as appetizing as the cake.

I'm anxious to ride this another time myself. I've only done it once, and I wasn't overly impressed, but I bet I'd really enjoy it now that I know what it is.

It definitely helped knowing what I was getting into. Plus there is a lot to see and I noticed a lot more the second time around.

Oh, no! That's really unfortunate. A classic example of a few people ruining it for the rest of us :sad2:

What lovely photos you got in Pandora that night - it's extra magical at night, isn't it?! :cloud9:

I did enjoy Pandora at night but I wish there were even more lights!

That wonderful smell at Flame Tree is always so inviting. I do love Satu’li now and choose this over Flame Tree.

I really like NRJ for what it is, beautiful to look at and relaxing!

Sorry the bubble wand didn’t thrill the dogs, haha! My little buddy would be afraid of it for sure.

I like both CS and it's going to be a hard choice going forward between the two.

NRJ is growing on me. I do think it's a nice relaxing boat ride but I still wouldn't wait more than 15-20 minutes for it unless I had nothing else to do like on this trip.

I think it was the noise it made that scared the dogs. It takes about 30 seconds for the bubbles to start but both Ellie and Buddy ran from it as soon as I turned it on.

Keep an eye on my TR. I hope to post thoughts/parks eventually.

I will although I might be a little scarce till after Christmas. I've got a big project that has to be finished (and that I should be working one right now) by 12/31 so I'm going to be really busy at work for a while.

I was thinking there was no way... then saw it ran until 2007. Which really surprised me. For some reason I thought it had closed much earlier.

My honeymoon was actually in 1998.

You mean the predecessor to Ellen's Energy? That one, I never did. But I did do the previous one. Interesting concept, but... not that great a show. Just... okay.

No, I was actually talking about Dinosaur in AK. That's the one we skipped because Jim couldn't see it and I didn't know what it was. We did ride Ellen's Energy which was the same exact ride in 1998 as it was when it closed this year. I remembered that one from childhood so I was able to describe it to Jim before we rode.

Plan on doing that. Rope drop, I mean.

Definitely worth getting up and moving early for.

So... you want to yell at me for avoiding been crammed in like a sardine and not being able to breathe.

Got it.

Well once you get into the theater it's fine, it's only the wait outside the theater that's a bit brutal. FOLK is the only show that I tolerate that kind of wait for. If you haven't figured it out, I love that show. ::yes::

Ah! Yes, there is that. All the more reason to just call and cancel. Probably won't charge you if there's empty seats anyways. Just guessing mind you.

I will definitely call next time. I didn't realize I could cancel without an excuse.

"Mommy? Why does that grown up have a stuffed doggy?"
"She's "special", dear. Stop staring."

:rotfl:I guess I could always say it's for my imaginary kid.

You got recognized! How cool is that!
No one's ever recognized me. Maybe some day.

It was a very cool experience! I have been approached at WDW but never outside of the parks.

Yep. A 20 hour wait in line will do that.

I actually went back to my post to see if I put "hours" instead of "minutes" as the time I waited.

That would do it for me too.

Mmmmm.... BBQ.

I do love me some good BBQ. We have probably 10 BBQ joints close to our house and we've tried them all. Unfortunately not one was good enough to go back for round two. :sad2:

That looks good! Well... not the beans (for me), but the rest.

I like the beans but not the coleslaw.

I didn't know this. Glad I'm not doing that anymore.
Well.... unless it's free, then maybe.

They didn't take anything away, just moved the dessert from the CS meal to an extra snack credit. I actually like that because there isn't always a dessert I like at the CS restaurants.

Unfair. They better not get rid of the strawberry shortcake!

It was still there in October. Desserts have to be chocolate for me though.

Hmm... I don't know if I'll use mobile. At the quickservices, I'm never really sure what I want until I get there and think about the menu items for a bit.

I don't think it saves much time either but it was nice to sit and relax rather than waiting in yet another line.

Hmm... no idea. I think I'd tentatively put one in my mouth and see.
Pepper? <spit!>
Cherry? Oh, okay, that's fine.

I didn't even think about them being Cherry's. That does make more sense than peppers. Still wouldn't take the risk though.

No kidding. Anywhere outside of AK and it looks.... weird. And... what are they? $80 or something? Insane.

Yep, that's about the price if you buy a stand for displaying it.

Nice! Isn't that place amazingly well done???

I do love Pandora in the day and at night but I did want more lights at night.

Whoa! Slight over estimation! But it sure worked out well for you!

It did work out well. I know that Disney often inflates the wait times but this time was crazy.

I can see that. I didn't know what to expect. Now I do. And can relax and look around a bit more.

That's how I felt this time. And there is so much to see, you could probably ride multiple times before catching it all.

Oh! I never would've thought of that.

We did bubbles a lot with our first three dogs, Haley, Eddie and Alex. All three of them loved to chase and catch them. We even bought some bacon flavored bubbles at one time. I thought about getting some of those for the bubble wand but I think it was the noise it made that scared them, not the bubbles themselves.

Really? Stealing? In Disney?
You paid over $10,000 to be there and you risk all that for a pin? Let alone the moral issues.

I know, made me so mad that a few people ruined it for the rest of us.

It was great meeting you and your husband at the hockey game the other night. I was a bit flustered myself. I am a shy person and I wasn’t sure how to approach you. I hope I didn’t come off as crazy. I have read your trip reports through the years and I really enjoy them. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me last Saturday. Go Glads!

Hi! Thanks for stopping in. It was a lot of fun being recognized, I'm really glad you did come up and say hi. Jim and I got a six game package for the Glads this year. It's a bit of a drive from Woodstock but we love hockey so it's worth it.

I don't think anyone can resist the siren call of Flame Tree.

I know I can't, that's for sure!

You got some great photos! It's really hard to get them in focus when it's that dark.

My camera is just a point and shoot but it's a bit higher end and does better in the dark than most. I have found that if I can hold the camera perfectly still it does better but that's easier said than done. Plus I take a lot of pictures to get the few that turn out good. :rotfl2:

I learned by the end of my visit not to trust the posted wait times at all!

Yep, they are more often inflated than not. Of course we ran into a couple of times in October when the wait was longer than the posted time.

D'oh. So much for that idea.

Yeah, it was a pretty big fail. But my cousin's kids are enjoying it so I guess it wasn't too big of a waste.

Wow Was I ever behind! 4 pages! But I'm all caught up now and loved all 4 chapters I'd missed.

No worries! I know how easy that is to do. And that's going to be me for the next few weeks because I have a big project to finish before the end of the year that is going to seriously limit my DIS time.

Very awesome bounding right there!

She definitely had the look down.

That is what I'd be there for! Totally enough for a dinner!

Being picky, I didn't like any of the savory stuff. But I knew that going in which is why I got the pretzel before the party. Should have only eaten half of the pretzel though!

WHAT?! You paid a gazillion bucks for this and you got 30 seconds? Disney Fail.

At least that was only one small part of the party. I actually debated about doing the meet at all being by myself. Probably should have just skipped it.

LOL!! I don't get that, but it is kinda funny.

I have no idea what the Stormtrooper was after!

Holy cow!! A sea of humanity!

It was crowded that night but then it was spring break when I was there.

I am so stymied at this. It's happened to me on the last few trips that you are there WAY before the posted opening time, only to find the park open and operating like it's been open for hours with looooooooooooooooooong lines. So don't get it!

I know they have started letting people in before the opening time and then holding them at ropes further inside the park. My goal was to get there that morning well before opening but I didn't get out to the bus stop as soon as I wanted too. Arriving right at opening doesn't work so well any more except maybe at MK where there are more rides than other parks.

Not bad. Not sure I'd do it, but better than I thought it'd ever be.

It's definitely worth waiting in the regular line at least once just to see it. Disney did an awesome job on the line.

Love me a good thunderstorm!

I prefer to be dry and inside during them. :rotfl:

Sounds like a good call, but sorry you missed your lunch.

I don't think I would have enjoyed the lunch because I was just so tired at that point. I will have to try out the Boathouse on a future trip.

WHY!? This is not okay!

No it wasn't. I was annoyed that they knocked. Why even have the signs if you aren't going to heed them?

I've never heard of them doing this. Good tactic... and one that would probably work too!

There were people taking the deal. I probably would have if I wasn't leaving the next day.

What the heck?! How could they be so off?

I know they usually inflate the wait times but this one was ridiculous! The only thing I can think of is that they were trying to discourage people from getting in line right at park closing.

People are so lame. I can't even believe this.

I was sad to hear this because I used to love pin hunting at AK. Pin hunting in general has been pretty bad lately. I'm pretty close to giving it up all together.

First of all, that is such a smart plan!! Secondly, that's my new Vera pattern, too :) Well, not sure how new it is, but I got a wallet, change purse and crossbody/wristlet in this pattern at the outlet mall this summer!!

I do love having that bag to bring home souvenirs! I will say though that it's a pain to carry in the airport. It can be heavy and it doesn't hang well at all in the restrooms. But I will continue to bring it because it's so convenient. I also have several other pieces in that pattern! It's called Nomadic Floral and it was actually retired in December 2016. My mom bought me the big one for my birthday one year but I also have a smaller tote, the hanging travel organizer (great for Disney) and two glasses cases. I've bought all of the pieces off of Zulily.

Love your animal print Elephant.

I did not know they had stuffies of the Banshees. I love stuffies as well. I need a new house just for the stuffies I have :rotfl:

Sucks that people are stealing the pins! Some people ruin all the fun! :sad2:

I'm glad I'm not the only adult with a huge stuffie collection! My husband thinks I'm nuts but I just love them for some reason.

Early Morning Magic

I was up super early again on Sunday, I’m pretty sure I was out the door around 6 am. I lugged my suitcases over to the TSA desk and checked them. Then I headed around the corner to Bell Services to drop off my carry-on bags for safe keeping. But there was a sign on the desk saying that they didn’t open until 7 am. Well that wouldn’t do because I was hoping to be on a bus by 6:45 am at the latest. So I got in line at the front desk to see if they could help me. A manager came up while I was waiting in line and asked if she could help me. I explained my dilemma and she said no problem and took me over to the Bell Services desk and took my carry ons. Another family was standing around looking panicked and they came over and checked their bags also. Apparently they had a pre-park opening breakfast and didn’t know what to do about Bell Services being closed.

I was headed to MK this morning to do Early Morning Magic. For those that don't know what EMM is, here's the description straight from the WDW website:

Through November 27, 2018, delight in a trio of Fantasyland attractions with this limited-entry, early access opportunity!

The Fun
Rise with the sun for some early-morning fun with these 3 iconic Fantasyland attractions:

The Food
Get your fill of a fantastic breakfast at Pinocchio Village Haus, featuring such scrumptious fare as:

• Scrambled eggs with assorted toppings
    • Vegetable frittata
    • Smoked bacon
    • Pork and chicken sausages
    • Fried potatoes with caramelized onions
    • French toast
    • Freshly baked pastries
    • Cheese and cured meats
    • Seasonal fruit and berries
    • Assorted yogurts
    • Chilled juices, coffee and teas
Schedule and Pricing
On select Sundays and Tuesdays through November 27, Disney Early Morning Magic takes place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM. Admission is available for $69 per adult and $59 per child (tax not included). However, admission is also very limited, so be sure to book your reservation before it’s too late!

Regular theme park admission is also required.

I headed out to the bus stop at 6:30 but a bus didn’t come until 6:50. I still made it to MK with about 25 minutes to spare. There were several different lines at the event entrance. A CM scanned my band and then sent me to the left to get my wristband before going through the tap stiles. Other groups that were there for pre-park opening ADRs were sent to a different line.

Once I got through, they held us at the tunnel until exactly 7:45 am which was the start of Extra Morning Magic. While we were standing there, the train pulled into the station. Even without the music and characters, it’s still an impressive sight!

Once they let us in, I followed the masses down Main Street.

In all my research on this event, I somehow didn’t realize that I had to go around to the left of the castle across the Liberty Square Bridge to get to Fantasyland. I wasted a bit of time going to the right and then having to back track.

While everyone else headed to 7DMT, I veered off and headed to Peter Pan. I think there were two other people who did that along with me. I walked straight onto PP at 7:52 am so it took me about 7 minutes to fast walk back to Fantasyland. Since I was virtually alone on PP I tried out my photography skills which pretty much suck on this ride.

After PP, I headed over to Winnie the Pooh and went for a spin through the 100 Acre Wood. I swear I have worse luck with pictures here than I do on PP.

And you know what’s even worse? My pathetic attempt at 7DMT pictures! I headed there next and rode four times in a row. I waited about 5 minutes each time. After the first time I rode, they made us walk all the way out of the queue and back in through the FP line. But after that, they opened up a rope right outside the cave so you could circle back into the line.

Here’s my one horrible attempt at a photo.

And my four ride photos.

It was about 8:30 when I finished ride #4 and my plan was to keep riding till closer to 9 am when the event ended. But alas, my motion sickness starting catching up to me and I was feeling a bit nauseous. I decided to head to the breakfast because filling my stomach always quells the nausea. The breakfast is held in Pinocchio’s Village Haus and is included in the cost of EMM.

I filled my plate with one hand and took pictures of the food with the other (I know, such talent!).

There was also a separate table that had juices and coffee but I didn’t see that till after I had grabbed one of the little milks in that last picture. I also read that you can request soda if you want that instead but they don’t have it out.

And here’s my plate.

Everything was fresh and hot and it filled me up and calmed my stomach. I ate really fast though and headed out about 8:45 am for one more sail through Neverland. No pictures this time, I just enjoyed the ride. So I ended up doing 7DMT 4 times, PP twice and WTP once. I could have easily gotten several more 7DMT rides in if my motion sickness hadn't kicked it. My original plan was to ride 7DMT till 9 am, hit up BTMR and HM at rope drop and then head back for breakfast around 9:45 am since it was available till 10 am.

After my last trip through Neverland, I joined the group that was being held at a rope right outside of PP. We were released into the rest of the park once the fireworks went off from the welcome show. EMM gave me absolutely no advantage over the regular park guests coming through Liberty Square from the Hub. We merged with them at the end of Liberty Square and then were stopped again at the beginning of Fronterland.

Once the released us and we made our way to BTMR, there was a huge bottleneck at the entrance to the ride.

It looked much worse than it actually was. I was on and off the ride by 9:15 am. But when I came back to Liberty Square, I discovered that HM was down. So instead I headed up into Fantasyland and got in line for IASW. And yes, there was already a small line at 9:20 am. I think I waited about 10 minutes before sailing off on my cruise. You know it's going to be a crowded day if IASW has a line at 9:20 am!

For some reason I didn’t take any photos on the ride, guess I just wanted to enjoy this time through. So for those of you that don’t like IASW you are spared the agony of seeing my pictures. I did of course take one of the goodbye signs since my name appeared.

It was 9:50 when I finished up with IASW so I ducked back into Pinocchio’s for a minute since the breakfast was still going on. They were clearing down some of the food but I was able to grab another croissant and a glass of water before heading off to Tomorrowland for my first FP of the morning.

Overall I really liked EMM and would probably do it again if I was solo or maybe just with Jim. I don’t think this would be a good event for a large group or with my Mom who moves a bit slower. I did find it a bit stressful trying to make sure I got in enough rides to get my monies worth. I also didn’t like the fact that you lost some time walking to FL. I wish they would let you in to at least the Liberty Square Bridge and release you from there. Of course my review is now outdated because they changed the format and added some additional rides starting in December. I also would love to do the new EMM at Hollywood Studios for Toy Story Land. I'm hoping it will be offered in May when I'm there.

Up Next: Almost Galactic Hero Times 2!

I'm glad you enjoyed your EMM morning! I think you did really well with the amount of rides you got done! The breakfast looks really good too!

I'm sorry as you may have already answered this and I completely missed, but you could tell me what type of fan you bought? It looks absolutely the perfect size!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter