Don't lose hope~

AutisticAlice

Earning My Ears
I figure since autism can be a struggle for parents of autistic children. I would like to tell them to not give up hope. Those with autism are actually very intelligent and can do things most kids would dream of. So don't ever give up on your child. Do your best to find their potential and work with them. Take it from someone who has autism herself. I know it doesn't count as an illness bit it's still a struggle.

:welcome:

I agree 100% with your statement.. Thank you for posting.

It's true. With today's media and poor representations of Autism, most parents get the idea that it's a bad thing. But being autistic myself, I can say it's both a blessing and a curse. If it wasn't for my autism, I don't think I'd ever be able to have auditory learning and my ability to express myself through writing. It's really helped me a lot over the years.

Heck, most people with Autism are highly gifted. It doesn't matter what spectrum they are on. Some have gifted abilities that would amaze you. They are called Savant abilities.

I just posted something today about my 3.5 year old niece on the Water Cooler. I really needed to read your message today. It helps more than you know.

Pleas note that if the presentations are being conducted by an elderly doctor, they may carry on with a certain amount of info which was only available to them during their training. These days, make sure to make the most with the use of Internet - there are several inspirational and hope-providing clips on Youtube alone, that shine the light on more than just the narrow descriptions of autism. There are ways for the child to express himself as long as we know how to listen to them. My prayers are with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter