Don't Laugh, but does the Slinky Dog Coaster make you queasy?

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to Disney since Toy Story Land opened, and we were wondering about the Slinky Dog ride. DSis got queasy after riding Goofy's Barnstormer, many years ago. She's ridden it since and has done fine. I can't ride RNR Coaster at all, and EE is coming off the table soon. I know those are more intense than slinky dog, but sometimes those twists and turns get to you, even on the smaller rides. Still enjoy BTMR, Splash, TOT, FOP, and SDMT. So what about Slinky, any tummy issues? :drinking:

Last edited:
We just rode it last week for the first time and DH said he wouldn't ride it again. He didn't define it as queasy though, just that it made his head hurt. I didn't have any issue with it and I'm usually worse off with motion sickness.

One of my traveling companions got absolutely green on Slinky; and we figured out the issue for her. There are a series of quick up and down hills, and that did it (and this is someone who enjoys Everest). What I would recommend is if someone knows what bothers them (turns, drops, etc...), watch a vid of the ride and try to judge if those elements in Slinky will bother them.

Sometimes but not always. If I am already feeling a bit queasy or haven’t slept well or have an empty stomach then it will. I love the ride but try to ride it when I’m pretty sure it won’t bother me. Oddly, the backwards part of EE is starting to bother me now too 🤷‍♀️

Never had an issue with the ones you listed.
People have posted about ToT and EE doing that.

I am very prone to motion sickness on rides and Slinky made me very queasy the one time I rode it. SDMT also makes me queasy, but not as bad as Slinky. I'm fine on ToT and Star Tours though.

My DH gets motion sick pretty easily and Slinky makes him queasy. He won't ride it anymore.

One of my traveling companions got absolutely green on Slinky; and we figured out the issue for her. There are a series of quick up and down hills, and that did it (and this is someone who enjoys Everest). What I would recommend is if someone knows what bothers them (turns, drops, etc...), watch a vid of the ride and try to judge if those elements in Slinky will bother them.
I was thinking the same.
This part where it goes up down up down quickly a few times in a row. The bumps aren’t very high but someone prone to queasy might not like it.

I don't ride Rocking Rollercoaster anymore due to the turning upside down. I also get very queasy on EE. But on SDD, I never got sick at all. There are a few up and down "bumps" but they are quick and alot of fun. I wouldn't be afraid to ride it for fear of getting nauseated. I think it's a very small chance for most people.

My mom can’t ride roller coasters anymore because of motion sickness, but she was able to ride slinky dog once without feeling queasy. She didn’t risk it a second time though when my sister and I rode it again.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like we will either take a chance, or leave Slinky Dog for others to enjoy. Probably see how we feel once we get there :tiptoe:

We haven't been to Disney since Toy Story Land opened, and we were wondering about the Slinky Dog ride. DSis got queasy after riding Goofy's Barnstormer, many years ago. She's ridden it since and has done fine. I can't ride RNR Coaster at all, and EE is coming off the table soon. I know those are more intense than slinky dog, but sometimes those twists and turns get to you, even on the smaller rides. Still enjoy BTMR, Splash, TOT, FOP, and SDMT. So what about Slinky, any tummy issues? :drinking:
Barnstormer is much rougher then SDD in my opinion.

No laughing here-I was wondering the same thing. The one thing that saves me with Barnstormer is that it's short. The one time I rode EE, I felt nauseous for about 3 hours afterwards. My conclusion is that there's too much stuff that you KNOW won't make you sick. Don't chance something that might put you out of commission for 3 hours of that time. That's why I'm planning on skipping SDD on my next trip.

Hubby will not ride it again. He almost lost his lunch, literally, the one time he did ride. He can do Big Thunder and Mine Train without issue. I think, as stated above, it was the succession of little hills coupled with moving backwards.

I hated Slinky Dog the first two times I rode it (different trips), but now I like it a lot. The up and down part is the time I dislike the most. Over time, I've learned for me the difference is whether I sit towards the front or the back. Front is way better. (Same thing on Big Thunde, Space, and EE, so it might just be less intensity).

Barnstormer is a hard no for me. RnR too - although if I were guaranteed the front I'd give it one more try. I've only ridden it twice and the last time was in the last row 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter