Don't know where to start planning

TXAKDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
We're out of state WDW APs, go several times a year. We've also been to DLR many times. So we're pretty familiar with the US parks, but we've never been to any of the international parks (yet).

I'm chaperoning one of my kids' high school trips to Europe this summer. I went on a couple school trips in high school, but otherwise the only group travel I've done has been with ABD. Apparently with this trip, we don't find out our exact travel dates until 2 months before we leave.

My daughter and I have a Nat Geo tour booked to follow the school trip, and then an ABD to follow the Nat Geo. Because we don't know the exact travel dates for the first tour, we will have anywhere from 2 to 10 days from the end of the first tour to the beginning of the second.

I'm thinking about going to DLP during that gap, depending on how long it is. My daughter also wants to do a few things in Paris. (I've been to Paris but it's been a while. And I never went to Versailles.)

Our trips to WDW and DLR are usually a minimum of 4 full days, more typically 8 or 9 days, but up to 19. We never take days off (no midday breaks at the hotel, no pool days). I could go to the parks every single day, 365 days a year, and not be bored. But I have no idea how long we need in DLP.

I also don't know if I should book our hotel (I was thinking about the Marvel one) and then modify once we find out our exact dates? (It would be late June.)

I would book a 4 night, 3 day stay. Late June is before the summer holidays start. There will be some crowds, but not Summer busy yet. Best would be to go during the week.

You do get 4 days park access with a package, so on arrival/departure day you can get in to the parks.

I do not know if there is an advantage of booking now and changing your dates if needed. If you book for price A now, but that is not available on your new days if you have to change, you have to pay the difference anyway. I presume. If you do not have to change, then now is of course better than later.

I would book a 4 night, 3 day stay. Late June is before the summer holidays start. There will be some crowds, but not Summer busy yet. Best would be to go during the week.

You do get 4 days park access with a package, so on arrival/departure day you can get in to the parks.

I do not know if there is an advantage of booking now and changing your dates if needed. If you book for price A now, but that is not available on your new days if you have to change, you have to pay the difference anyway. I presume. If you do not have to change, then now is of course better than later.
Thank you!

One advantage of booking earlier is you can make ADRs once you’re booked (up to a year in advance). We’re going next New Years, and many dining reservations are already gone. Better to have some advantage over normal park-goers.

We’re also doing 3 nights. I think it may be overkill, and would probably just do two nights normally, but we’re going at a busy time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter