Don't hate me, but we got 3 BIG dreams w/in 24hrs of our arrival!

kldmom2000

DIS Veteran
We arrived at the YC on 8/17 with a standard room booked...... we were suprisingly upgraded to the Regatta Club (CONCIERGE!!!! :banana: ) This was our 8th time at the YC/BC and our first-ever upgrade!!!!! :cool1: :love: :cloud9: :goodvibes :woohoo:
So... next day we went to AK (8/18)..... while waiting in line right at 10am for Mickey in Camp Minne/Mickey, a CM approached us (not a dream-team member) and asked the ages of my girls (DH was off riding EE)... he asked us if we'd be around for the parade @ 4pm. I said I wasn't sure but asked why-he said he wanted us as one of the honorary families to ride on a float in the parade!!!!!! I knew my DH would NOT be pleased at all since he hates to be the center of attention, but I couldn't pass it up!!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes So, he told us where to be before the parade for costumes (vests and hats)..... I then took my 2 girls into Donald's line to see him.... as we stood in line to see him, there were 3 members of the Dream Team in Donald's Exit line!!!! I saw them giving out the coveted dream fast passes!!!!! I figured there was NO WAY possible they would still be there when our turn to see Donald was over.... NO WAY!!!! BUT, as we finished up with Donald, the first one approached me and asked me if I'd heard about the year of a million dreams promotion?? I guess my excitment got the best of me when I squealed out, "Are you going to give us Dream fastpasses?!?!?!?!" :banana: She said yes-and gave us the fastpasses for that day's use!!!! :banana: They came in extra-handy since it was so bloody hot and we don't normally hang out in a park in the afternoon but we had to in order to be in the parade..... we got to ride everything w/ minimal wait including Kali River Rapids as the temp approached 97 degrees in the afternoon!!!! The parade was so exciting!!! We were brought backstage to get into costume and we rode in front of Minnie's float! The CM in charge took photos w/ a disposable camera and then handed it to us to do as we wished with the remaining photos..... when we were done, we got off the float just through the backstage doors and got to watch the rest of the parade w/ the perfect view!!! :)
The rest of the trip was just perfect as well (no more offical dreams, but just loads of fun!!!)
This had to have been our most magical Disney trip ever!!! :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :love: :banana: :goodvibes :cool1:

Good for you and your family. Anything to make the trip even more enjoyable. I bet you guys still can't get the smiles off your faces :) :) I love hearing these stories. Just like when I watched the free planning DVD and cried and I cried the other night when I watched it a second time...
I would so go out and buy a lottery ticket you have some major pixie dust spread your way. We are going in the beginning of Oct. so please spread some our way...
Best Wishes

WOW!!!!! Congratulations!!!! That is some serious pixie dust!!! pixiedust: How exciting for you!

We arrived at the YC on 8/17 with a standard room booked...... we were suprisingly upgraded to the Regatta Club (CONCIERGE!!!! :banana: ) This was our 8th time at the YC/BC and our first-ever upgrade!!!!! :cool1: :love: :cloud9: :goodvibes :woohoo:
So... next day we went to AK (8/18)..... while waiting in line right at 10am for Mickey in Camp Minne/Mickey, a CM approached us (not a dream-team member) and asked the ages of my girls (DH was off riding EE)... he asked us if we'd be around for the parade @ 4pm. I said I wasn't sure but asked why-he said he wanted us as one of the honorary families to ride on a float in the parade!!!!!! I knew my DH would NOT be pleased at all since he hates to be the center of attention, but I couldn't pass it up!!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes So, he told us where to be before the parade for costumes (vests and hats)..... I then took my 2 girls into Donald's line to see him.... as we stood in line to see him, there were 3 members of the Dream Team in Donald's Exit line!!!! I saw them giving out the coveted dream fast passes!!!!! I figured there was NO WAY possible they would still be there when our turn to see Donald was over.... NO WAY!!!! BUT, as we finished up with Donald, the first one approached me and asked me if I'd heard about the year of a million dreams promotion?? I guess my excitment got the best of me when I squealed out, "Are you going to give us Dream fastpasses?!?!?!?!" :banana: She said yes-and gave us the fastpasses for that day's use!!!! :banana: They came in extra-handy since it was so bloody hot and we don't normally hang out in a park in the afternoon but we had to in order to be in the parade..... we got to ride everything w/ minimal wait including Kali River Rapids as the temp approached 97 degrees in the afternoon!!!! The parade was so exciting!!! We were brought backstage to get into costume and we rode in front of Minnie's float! The CM in charge took photos w/ a disposable camera and then handed it to us to do as we wished with the remaining photos..... when we were done, we got off the float just through the backstage doors and got to watch the rest of the parade w/ the perfect view!!! :)
The rest of the trip was just perfect as well (no more offical dreams, but just loads of fun!!!)
This had to have been our most magical Disney trip ever!!! :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :love: :banana: :goodvibes :cool1:
CONGRAT'S I'M SOOOOO VERY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!!! BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!! I KNOW YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!!! Kathy:cheer2: ::cool1: :dance3:

Wow, concierge + the parade and passes, very magical indeed!

Glad you had a nice time, did you enjoy the snackies at the Regatta Club?

No reason to hate...congratulations....glad you had a great trip and great surprises.

That is so cool, congrats!!! What did your husband say when you met up with him again and told him that he was going to be in the parade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter