Don't forget to pack ____

Clothes pins. To use on open food packages, drip dry bathing suits (rooming with 5 people, there's just not enough room to hang over shower rod), pinning drapes together, making a long poncho shorter, weights on bottom of curtains so the a/c doesn't blow them around. The list is endless.

I took a pack of chip clips for this exact same reason! It really comes in handy to clip drapes together! Sometimes the exterior lighting can be so bright!! I love some of your other uses too!!

A needle and thread! Great for buttons that pop off, holes in pockets, or tears in something that isn't easily replaced (I got a tear in a swimsuit seam once.).

Over the door organiser. We hung it in the closet area of the bathroom and it was great for storing small items like hairbrushes, toiletries, medicine etc.

Liquid hand soap- hotels only have bar soap and I dislike it.

Underwear. My mom once forgot all her underwear and had to buy more. Don't forget it!

Lol, I laugh but this is so true! I used to pack last minute until one year I forgot underwear and didn't realize until we got to our destination. Now, I pack weeks in advance and have checklists and everything!

I can't take credit for this because i got this tidbit off these boards. So glad I bought a Frog Toggs chilly towel for my last trip. I get overheated so easily and they make hot days tolerable.

Lightweight portable battery pack(s) for your phone. No need to search out a charging station. Best $30 I have EVER spent.

This was going to be my tip ut you beat me to it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
This was the best thing to have at the parks! I used mine daily and never ran out of a charge.

Hangers. I pack and then put a few plastic hangers on top of the clothes. They don't take up any room or weight anything. I can't stand not being to hang up my stuff for a week+ and hotels never have enough hangers.

Glad zip bags large and small. I use them for so many things. My favorite is to put ice and small amount of water in the bag and place frog togg or small wash cloth in and carry in park to keep cool. When I am done I just empty and refill later when hot again. You can refresh ice at any QS eatery in the park.

Large plastic clothes pins. They have them at the dollar store. They are about 3-4 inches long and perfect for holding wet bathing suits or wet towels on the bar in the shower. I never had enough room to dry wet towels or bathing suits before and these clips are perfect for that.

Garbage bags. WE always run out of room in those small garbage cans. Also perfect for recyclables.

Plastic cups and silverware, paper bowls and plates. The rooms never have enough of these.

I pack my own single serve laundry detergent and bring shout wipes.

Clorox wipes. I use to wipe down tv room remotes in room and bring to park for kids. Anti bacterial spray.

Target is the perfect place to find inexpensive travel items. You can find them in the front of the store. My favorite are the collapsable organizer boxes.

Chapstick with sunscreen! Body glide stick for chaffing. Dental picks. Extension cord.

Lastly, any first aid items you might possibly need. It is cheaper to buy them at home then in DW. If you do not open the package, you can always return the item when you get home, if it is something you do not typically need.

Me again. I try to bring some sort of laundry stain remover and laundry soap. If we'll have access to washer/dryer I bring detergent, if not, I make sure to bring bar soap like Ivory so I can wash things out in the sink if necessary. On our 2011 Florida trip I sat in someone's spilled fruit punch in Busch Gardens, while wearing my favorite khaki shorts. (Go figure, it's the ONE time on vacation I didn't have spare clothes in the car.) I ended up buying a skirt to wear at the park and when we got back to our hotel room, I was able to scrub out the stain in the sink.

I take the anit-bac stuff from bath and body works. We go in the summer and sometimes folks in line start to smell about ripe... So, I take out my handy dandy good smelling stuff and dab some behind my ear. Better than spraying a mist. I also splurge on the clinical deoderant, I don't want to be the stinky girl in line. DH thinks I am crazy, but, hey, I want to make sure my "secret" doesn't run out and tell the whole world.

An extra bag!!.we are always trying to cram stuff into our suitcases on the way home or we wind up buying another bag.

Ahhh first world problems lol :-)

This was going to be my tip ut you beat me to it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
This was the best thing to have at the parks! I used mine daily and never ran out of a charge.

Tasmen and mollygirl13,
Do you have a battery charger that you recommend? $30 sounds like a good price and I'd be willing to splurge more if it could charge 2 iphones at ones!

Tasmen and mollygirl13, Do you have a battery charger that you recommend? $30 sounds like a good price and I'd be willing to splurge more if it could charge 2 iphones at ones!

I bought a Gorilla Gadgets 16800 mAh one. Enormous amount of power and two USB outputs. Well built too. Amazon has them for under $50, but I got it when Woot was selling it for an even better price. Still worth it though.

Not sure if they have been mentioned yet but we always bring Baby Wipes!!They are amazing in the heat of the day to wipe your face, neck, hands etc. ... Pure Refreshment!!

Sea Bands. I have horrible motion sickness (no rides that go backwards or spin for me!) and it's the only way I can make it to my destination with my stomach in-tact.

When flying (2 hours vs. 12 hours driving to Disney), I take Clorox wipes and get all O.C.D. on my seat, armrest, table, window screen, fan knobs, and anything else I think someone's cootie-covered hands might have touched near me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter