"Don't forget a picture of the food!" Updated 8/16! A Fall TR!

Disney Junior...Where the Magic Begins

Hey, hey, it's a brand new day!! I got up 6:15 this morning, got dressed and woke the rest of the fam up about 6:30. We all get ready super quick, so it was not long and we were packed up and ready to go! We were at the bus line by 7, and a bus was pulling up right then, we walked on and were the only ones! Woohoo for private transport to Hollywood Studios!!!

IMG_1354.jpg

I have in my notes that we made conversation with our bus driver, Earl from San Diego. He asked why we were headed to the Studios so early, and we let him know about our early ADR, he then complimented us on our being early, versus the people who are usually late and get angry with him for not making it somewhere on time... which is probably more than true, sadly... anyway, he was very friendly and bid us a great day!

Funnily enough we were literally the FIRST people at HS that morning. It was empty! So we found a CM and they directed us to where the line would be for the ADR people, and we plopped ourselves down.

Many CM's came over to chat with us while we waited and one even graced Olivia and Maddie with their very own Junior Security badge stickers!

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

I believe it was around 7:50 when they finally let us in, and there was a small line behind us at the point, but as you can see, we got the joy of walking into an empty studios!! Well mostly, this crazy mom took off in front of us and ruined my empty street shot... oh well, there's always one..

IMG_1360.jpg

A big let down for me was that there was no photographer out yet. :( So instead we pressed on to our destination, Hollywood & Vine! We stopped to park our stroller so we ended up being the second or third family to actually check in, so we basically we walked straight to our table, right in the front where they dance!

Our waitress took our drink order and let us know we could make a quick run to the buffet before the characters started to make their first round. I think about 5 minutes later they started to come out.

I have to stop right here and be real for a minute. This feels almost silly to admit, but I tear up even thinking back on that meal. My girls were just over the moon. They love all the characters, of course, but Disney junior is their life right now. They watch those shows EVERY SINGLE DAY! And they didn't get a chance to meet most these characters our first trip. So the girls absolutely lit up when they started coming out. It was hands down the most excited I had seen them with any of our meets and meals. We will absolutely be booking an ADR here again on our next trip before they outgrow this stage.

Okay, so looks like according to my photos that Doc McStuffin's was first up...

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

Oh you can also see the button set they gave to each of the girls here, actually I think all four of us may have gotten one, I can't recall... After Doc we had a visit from Jake!

DSC01292.jpg

Then we had Handy Manny... you can see in the background how empty it still was!

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

Then we had the big one, Sofia! This is their FAVE!

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

We got to enjoy a little breakfast before the real fun began. Soon all the characters came out and did some singing and dancing, so the girls really enjoyed this. They also led them around the room in a parade at one point too. I LOVE the look of happiness on Olivia's face in this second photo... :cloud9:

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

It was an
AWESOME meal. I honestly had very, very low expectations for this. The ONLY reason I booked it at all was because I didn't want to worry about waiting in line to meet these characters. I did not expect the character interaction to be so great and fun. Not only that but the service was fantastic, though this could have been attributed to how empty it was, but still. On top of all that the food was great! Nothing spectacular on the menu, but it was all hot and fresh, and this turned out to be my fave breakfast buffet of the trip, and we did several. I would highly recommend this meal to any Dis Junior fan. It was great! :love: :love: :love:

Coming up, I get recognized from from the Dis!!

Last edited:
All caught up!
Your TP is too funny. :tongue:

So excited you booked your trip for next year!!! pixiedust:
Your Yeti shirts are so perfect. Loved your review of AK. We saw the Lion King show for the first time in May. Nemo is next on the to do!

Thanks!

That is exactly what we did for our AK shows too, we saw FOTLK the first time around, and Nemo the second.. I honestly couldn't even pick a fave of the two, they are both fantastic.

Love the Yeti shirts! Following along!

Great to have you follow along!

I really am so thrilled with all the positive feedback on the yeti shirts!! :love:

What a wonderful meal you had, the delight on the girls faces is just adorable. Definitely make the most of the character meals whilst they're young as the years just go by far too quickly :goodvibes

Oh I've just finished reading your first TR and it was lovely :)

I'm Famous! JK...

It was getting close to 9am, park opening, so Olivia and I left Chris and Maddie to finish up at H&V, and the two of us headed over to try to get a spot for the Jedi Academy!

I think a few people beat us there, but there still wasn't really a line yet, so we walked in, a CM had to ask Olivia a few questions to make sure she would be able to do the show, and then we signed up for the first one of the morning! I think it was the 9:30 show? Sorry, didn't note that...

Anywho, we got all signed up and were walking out of the building when THE MOST COOLEST THING EVER happened! Someone stopped me to tell me that they follow me on the Dis!!!!!!!!!!!

be240c3d78e203356014dd4fb5712d08.gif

What the what!?!?!? Totally threw me off guard!! I am no one important, and yet this very kind woman felt like stopping to say hi and let me know she enjoys reading my PTR's and TR's! I was so shocked and honored!! So, of course, I asked to take a picture with her and her cutie!!

IMG_1372.jpg

FYI... she did tell me that she had never commented before, she was a lurker, and we met so fast I never noted her name, but interestingly enough, just a few days ago she ccame out of lurkedom on my current PTR to give me some advice on my Smokies trip, so I now know that she is Tiffany aka Tiffany Incredible on the Dis! So hi Tiffany!!!! :wave2: I am so glad that I got to run into you at Hollywood Studios and just so you know, you pretty much made my day right there!! I was up in the clouds after that! :cloud9:

Chris and Maddie made it back to us about this time, I think we just hung in that general area, until they called us to line up and get ready... here is where I must tell you that it was a little wet, and looking a little ominous out...

tumblr_n3eqodLPo01tw1vhco1_500.gif

We went with the first show hoping we could beat the rain, I knew from the forecast that it was going to rain A LOT today. Sure enough, it began to drizzle, so they lined the kids up under a covering to get them ready...

IMG_1374.jpg

76b1c41d-c760-4d72-8296-1cac33226f84.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

Basically what happened next was that the show people let us wait it out a bit, to see if the rain would let up, and sorry to report, it never did... :sad:

As a consolation for not getting to do the show, they then took all the kids into the Star Tours ride, through the exit, and into a secret spot where they got to take photo's with Darth Vader and some Storm Troopers..

STUDIO_JTA1_7061965320.jpeg

STUDIO_JTA1_7066920766.jpeg

It was very quick, and really, just a photo op, no interaction. They were also extremely strict about it only being the participating child who got to take a photo, not the rest of your family.

We were a little bummed she didn't get to do the show, but I was glad they at least do the photos as a back up. I am sure we will try again next time, and we actually could have went and signed up to try a later show, but we didn't feel like having to commit to another time, as this alone took a good half hour or so...

C'est la vie, right!?!?

Well, we were right there and it was actually in our window to ride Star Tours now, so off Chris and Olivia went first..

IMG_1378.jpg

Maddie and I hung out under the ride, you can see how wet we were already getting...

IMG_1377.jpg

Then we did the ole switcheroo and I got to ride with Liv..

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

Meanshile Chris decided he needed this AWESOME shirt from the gift shop..

IMAG0783.jpg

When we got out I made sure to take a photo of Liv by the ride to commemorate our whole morning...

DSC01306.jpg

Coming up next, we are VIP's!!

Last edited:
What a wonderful meal you had, the delight on the girls faces is just adorable. Definitely make the most of the character meals whilst they're young as the years just go by far too quickly :goodvibes

Oh I've just finished reading your first TR and it was lovely :)

Oh yes, I have a feeling I will be doing character meals even when they've long passed the age of being into them! :rotfl2:

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I actually went back and reread my own TR a couple months back, just to remember the magic of that first trip! :cloud9:

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast! Love all the character pics.

How cool that you were recognized!

Aw man that stinks that Jedi Training was cancelled. The pic is at least a nice consolation.

I have in my notes that we made conversation with our bus driver, Earl from San Diego. He asked why we were headed to the Studios so early, and we let him know about our early ADR, he then complimented us on our being early, versus the people who are usually late and get angry with him for not making it somewhere on time... which is probably more than true, sadly... anyway, he was very friendly and bid us a great day!

That just made me sad.
But sounds like you guys had some serious magic with the bus pulling right up and getting there so early! I love it!
Your pictures of the breakfast look like so much fun. Abi came over and looked at the screen while I was reading it and freaked out so excited that they have a breakfast with Sofia and Jake! I guess we should have done that! Hopefully by next time we go they will still be into it.
Too bad that she didn't get to do the Jedi training but I am so glad she at least got a photo! It is cute!
Your husband's shirt is funny. I really need to convince Doug to wear character shirts. That one would be perfect for him!

one even graced Olivia and Maddie with their very own Junior Security badge stickers!
:lovestruc

Well mostly, this crazy mom took off in front of us and ruined my empty street shot... oh well, there's always one..
::yes::

A big let down for me was that there was no photographer out yet.
I had the same let down when we went!

It was an AWESOME meal. I honestly had very, very low expectations for this. The ONLY reason I booked it at all was because I didn't want to worry about waiting in line to meet these characters. I did not expect the character interaction to be so great and fun. Not only that but the service was fantastic, though this could have been attributed to how empty it was, but still. On top of all that the food was great! Nothing spectacular on the menu, but it was all hot and fresh, and this turned out to be my fave breakfast buffet of the trip, and we did several. I would highly recommend this meal to any Dis Junior fan. It was great! :love: :love: :love:
Glad you had a great meal. :thumbsup2

Anywho, we got all signed up and were walking out of the building when THE MOST COOLEST THING EVER happened! Someone stopped me to tell me that they follow me on the Dis!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer2::wizard::thumbsup2

As a consolation for not getting to do the show, they then took all the kids into the Star Tours ride, through the exit, and into a secret spot where they got to take photo's with Darth Vader and some Storm Troopers..
Well that's cool at least.

Love your Hollywood and Vine breakfast pics! Makes me so excited for taking Charlotte there! She is going to FLIP when she meets Doc and Sofia.

Too bad about the Jedi training. Stupid rain, but the pics looked fun and now you defiantly have something to look forward to on you next trip.

How neat you met a "follower". That's always so fun.

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast! Love all the character pics.

How cool that you were recognized!

Aw man that stinks that Jedi Training was cancelled. The pic is at least a nice consolation.

It was! And I still can't believe someone recognized me! Cool day!

Yea, but the photos are neat!

That just made me sad.
But sounds like you guys had some serious magic with the bus pulling right up and getting there so early! I love it!
Your pictures of the breakfast look like so much fun. Abi came over and looked at the screen while I was reading it and freaked out so excited that they have a breakfast with Sofia and Jake! I guess we should have done that! Hopefully by next time we go they will still be into it.
Too bad that she didn't get to do the Jedi training but I am so glad she at least got a photo! It is cute!
Your husband's shirt is funny. I really need to convince Doug to wear character shirts. That one would be perfect for him!

Right? Shame people get so mad at Cms, they generally try to go out of there way and above and beyond to do things for guests, and sometimes they can be treated so poorly!

Awww! How cute with Abi! I am sure she will still enjoy the characters next trip, I'd enjoy them even without my kids, they're so cute!

:lovestruc

::yes::

I had the same let down when we went!

Glad you had a great meal. :thumbsup2

:cheer2::wizard::thumbsup2

Well that's cool at least.

Can't complain! It was a great morning, things are about to get a little less awesome tho... Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn!!!

Love your Hollywood and Vine breakfast pics! Makes me so excited for taking Charlotte there! She is going to FLIP when she meets Doc and Sofia.

Too bad about the Jedi training. Stupid rain, but the pics looked fun and now you defiantly have something to look forward to on you next trip.

How neat you met a "follower". That's always so fun.

She is going to live H&V!!!!! I can't wait to read the TR! It's gonna be so fun!! I really loved that breakfast!

Yea, bummer on Jedi training. But like you said. Something to do next time, especially since it looks like half of HS is closing!! :rotfl2:

What a fun breakfast! It seems like the girls were just so happy - isn't that the best feeling? We liked our H&V breakfast too. I'm hoping we can book the character lunch in May as I think it's now part of the Fantasmic Dining Package!

How cool that you are famous now? :rotfl:But seriously, I love reading about DIS meets! I think it's so amazing that we can all be here and talk about Disney and then actually get to meet at Disney! :goodvibes

Total bummer that JTA got rained out! I'm glad they had a photo shoot as a consolation!

Sooooooooooo Not a Disney JR person.. But i do know all the littles go bananas for ALL of it.
I do like Miles and his glob friend..
I just think their big huge heads are scary!!!

I am no one important,

What? Yes you are!

and we met so fast I never noted her name,

awkward....

awkward.gif

Tiffany aka Tiffany Incredible

PHEW!

They were also extremely strict about it only being the participating child who got to take a photo, not the rest of your family.

Kinda figured this would be otherwise it would take forever for each family.

We were a little bummed she didn't get to do the show,

So am I!!! I would love to see her beat the dark side!!! I HOPE of all HOPES we get in this year..
November is looking kinda shotty for these crazy crowds. Maybe 2016 trip will be better!

Coming up next, we are VIP's!!

And you said you were not important in the beginning of your post..

I wanna know HOW!

Oh yes, I have a feeling I will be doing character meals even when they've long passed the age of being into them! :rotfl2:
After writing my reply I realised that next time we go to WDW my eldest DD will be 20 and she has requested Crystal Palace :rotfl:

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I actually went back and reread my own TR a couple months back, just to remember the magic of that first trip! :cloud9:
I do that too :goodvibes I reread my Moms Panel training one a little while ago and it brought back so many memories :)

Dismeets are great. Our first trip there were lots. It was kind of a let down our 2nd trip, because there wasn't any.

The Disney Jr breakfast looks fun. Wish I had younger kiddos. (Wait...not really.)

Sorry you got rained out of the Jedi Training. I think the photos are super cute though.

Have a great weekend.

Great TR! Following along.

Your girls are adorable! I love the matching outfits. Did you paint the shirts or make patterns? Fabulous!

Hi Terri! I made it back and just got caught up. I haven't done a thing today but get caught up on the DIS! My bad.

I'm loving your photos completely. Puts me right there again! I'm so glad you did the Trek, but sorry you didn't see the Tigers. Last time we went, they were feeding them big pieces of raw meat and boy did we see a lot of action! We are usually pretty lucky about seeing the Tigers and having them be active. Hope your next trip through is Tiger rich!

Nemo the Musical is one of our favorites! I teared up the first time I watched it. I know, dork right here! So glad the girls got through It's Tough to be a Bug. I never really noticed a lot of kids screaming, but then, I'm pretty focused while watching. It's one of my favorites also. And Flame Tree...Dan and I LOVE it there. We have never had tough ribs there. Sorry you experienced that. Dan talked with a guy there and apparently they cook the ribs right there and they start crazy early. I hope you'll try it again.

Too bad about the inter-action with Mickey and Minnie. Fortunately, looks like H & V made up for it! Hey, you'll never get too old to book character meals. Dan and I love to do that. We especially love CP and Garden Grill. We don't do it every time, but once in a while we enjoy it. We like to watch the little ones reactions when they see the characters in real life.

I can't comment on everything or I would be writing as much as you! I'm glad I finally got back over here. Your reports are always so upbeat, even when things don't go perfectly. I appreciate that! Anyway, I'll have to come back tomorrow to get over to your ptr. I'm so glad you've got another trip planned. The anticipation and planning are so much a part of the fun! Have a great weekend!

What a fun breakfast! It seems like the girls were just so happy - isn't that the best feeling? We liked our H&V breakfast too. I'm hoping we can book the character lunch in May as I think it's now part of the Fantasmic Dining Package!

How cool that you are famous now? :rotfl:But seriously, I love reading about DIS meets! I think it's so amazing that we can all be here and talk about Disney and then actually get to meet at Disney! :goodvibes

Total bummer that JTA got rained out! I'm glad they had a photo shoot as a consolation!

Oh! That's good to know about H&V dinner package, we really want to do a Fantasmic dinner pkg, but I really love breakfast buffets and getting into the park pre-opening too.. I may see about the dining pkg at another spot. We didn't get to see Fantasmic at all this trip, and it was our favorite nightime spec last trip, so I am still so sad we missed it, it is a MUST DO FOR SURE next time!!

I agree! Dis people are the best! I was so happy to meet another Dis-er!! :goodvibes

After writing my reply I realised that next time we go to WDW my eldest DD will be 20 and she has requested Crystal Palace :rotfl:

I do that too :goodvibes I reread my Moms Panel training one a little while ago and it brought back so many memories :)

Haha! SEE!!! :rotfl: Yay for CP!!!

I am glad I am not the only one, I love re reading our TR's so much fun!!

Dismeets are great. Our first trip there were lots. It was kind of a let down our 2nd trip, because there wasn't any.

The Disney Jr breakfast looks fun. Wish I had younger kiddos. (Wait...not really.)

Sorry you got rained out of the Jedi Training. I think the photos are super cute though.

Have a great weekend.

Bahaha... I love your comment on Dis Junior.. lol... not really... :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Great TR! Following along.

Your girls are adorable! I love the matching outfits. Did you paint the shirts or make patterns? Fabulous!

:welcome: Hi! Glad you are enjoying it!!

I did paint those (and several from this trip, including the ones from this Disney Junior day..) and I used the freezer paper method. I just drew the shape, cut it out, ironed the freezer paper template on my shirt and painted! So easy, and I think I have directions with pictures in my last PTR... you could probably find it if you went searching on my profile page, or just google the freezer paper method, so easy! :thumbsup2

It doesn't get any better than meeting Doc and Sofia!

True that!!! ::yes:: :goodvibes

Hi Terri! I made it back and just got caught up. I haven't done a thing today but get caught up on the DIS! My bad.

I'm loving your photos completely. Puts me right there again! I'm so glad you did the Trek, but sorry you didn't see the Tigers. Last time we went, they were feeding them big pieces of raw meat and boy did we see a lot of action! We are usually pretty lucky about seeing the Tigers and having them be active. Hope your next trip through is Tiger rich!

Nemo the Musical is one of our favorites! I teared up the first time I watched it. I know, dork right here! So glad the girls got through It's Tough to be a Bug. I never really noticed a lot of kids screaming, but then, I'm pretty focused while watching. It's one of my favorites also. And Flame Tree...Dan and I LOVE it there. We have never had tough ribs there. Sorry you experienced that. Dan talked with a guy there and apparently they cook the ribs right there and they start crazy early. I hope you'll try it again.

Too bad about the inter-action with Mickey and Minnie. Fortunately, looks like H & V made up for it! Hey, you'll never get too old to book character meals. Dan and I love to do that. We especially love CP and Garden Grill. We don't do it every time, but once in a while we enjoy it. We like to watch the little ones reactions when they see the characters in real life.

I can't comment on everything or I would be writing as much as you! I'm glad I finally got back over here. Your reports are always so upbeat, even when things don't go perfectly. I appreciate that! Anyway, I'll have to come back tomorrow to get over to your ptr. I'm so glad you've got another trip planned. The anticipation and planning are so much a part of the fun! Have a great weekend!

Yay!!! Glad you made it over Lois!!! party:

Wow, you have had good Tiger luck! Hopefully we get that next time!!!

Nemo was soooo good, I may have teared up to, everything makes me tear up at Disney, I am so overwhelmed with happiness when I am there!

We did enjoy Flame Tree, we will def be back, it's down as our go-to QS now, that or using snack credits for fried rice at the Y&Y window...

I love Maddy's shoes.

Here is a pair that my DD made for our recent trip.

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=]View attachment 109111 View attachment 109112 [/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the shoes!!!! :love: :love: :love:

They are absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Painting shoes is so fun! It's addicting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter