Don't bother going to any fast food restaurants

We just finished a road trip from chicago through SD Wyoming and Colorado. Every McDonald’s or Subway we stopped at along the way had gloves and masks. I think it’s a corporate mandate. Throughout SD hardly any other restaurants required masks or gloves. In Wyoming it depended on the town. Cody required masks and gloves and customers wearing masks as did Jackson. And in Colorado it’s mandated every where.

We just finished a road trip from chicago through SD Wyoming and Colorado. Every McDonald’s or Subway we stopped at along the way had gloves and masks. I think it’s a corporate mandate. Throughout SD hardly any other restaurants required masks or gloves. In Wyoming it depended on the town. Cody required masks and gloves and customers wearing masks as did Jackson. And in Colorado it’s mandated every where.
Our county health department advised that no one should be wearing gloves unless they normally did and they put out a warning to tell people to stop wearing gloves. So servers shouldn't be wearing them, fast food workers shouldn't be wearing them (unless they were involved in food prep or their job pre-COVID had them wearing gloves), retail workers shouldn't be wearing gloves,etc.

People don't change them after every usage (and yes that means every usage), they lead to cross-contamination (you'll touch your face wearing the same gloves, you'll touch items and surfaces and then not change them) and even spread.

Our county health department advised that no one should be wearing gloves unless they normally did and they put out a warning to tell people to stop wearing gloves. So servers shouldn't be wearing them, fast food workers shouldn't be wearing them (unless they were involved in food prep or their job pre-COVID had them wearing gloves), retail workers shouldn't be wearing gloves,etc.

People don't change them after every usage (and yes that means every usage), they lead to cross-contamination (you'll touch your face wearing the same gloves, you'll touch items and surfaces and then not change them) and even spread.
But unless you wash your hands after "every usage", people will touch their face, they'll touch items and surfaces, and add to the spread. If someone wants to wear gloves, I don't give a fig.

Our county health department advised that no one should be wearing gloves unless they normally did
In my area it is only food handlers (those preparing food) that are supposed to be wearing them. I am not a fan of servers, cashiers, etc wearing gloves. Gloves just seem dirty to me. There was a cashier at Walmart who would wear gloves and not only did they look dirty they often had holes in them. Gross.

In my area it is only food handlers (those preparing food) that are supposed to be wearing them. I am not a fan of servers, cashiers, etc wearing gloves. Gloves just seem dirty to me. There was a cashier at Walmart who would wear gloves and not only did they look dirty they often had holes in them. Gross.
Right!? Yeah I saw retail workers wearing them a lot in the beginning like cashiers or when we were at Home Depot even in the self-checkout the employee who manned that area was scanning our items (we didn't ask him to either) and he's wearing gloves, person after person after person, touching the screen, that we were touching, :crazy2:

I still have seen some people wearing gloves but it's much less than in the earlier days. Most recently though we went to this nice-ish local steakhouse and our server, an older gentleman, not only wore gloves when he was delivering menus, taking our order, bringing us drinks, dropping off our plates, bringing us our checks, picking them back up, etc but also had his mask under his nose...I used a lot of my own hand sanitizer that night.

The masks aren't going over very well here in my area of NJ. Many people wear them with their noses out, no one wears them outside, and many people are selecting the home school option so their kids don't have to wear them at school.

It was funny - at Target someone had his nose out and locked eyes with me and slowly put his mask up. Sneaky sneaky.

I don't understand how people can wear the mask only over their mouth. Seems more uncomfortable than wearing it the proper way. :confused:

As I said, I've found that most places are being pretty safe and compliant. If I see something that makes me uncomfortable, I will walk. The places I have been to have been pretty good, though they are usually more "fast-casual" type spots like Schlotzskys or Chicken Salad Chick.

I miss Schlotzskys! I haven't had them in...jeez...19 years.

I miss Schlotzskys! I haven't had them in...jeez...19 years.

There is only one here in my area, but it is very close to my office. I would go there all the time - finally got back into going ocassionally, but since I'm not in the office my visits have been greatly reduced. They have great sandwiches and even the pizzas are excellent. It's a favorite for sure!

Then that's a problem with your health authorities, isn't it? The problem with making laws is enforcing them. I'd be on the phone with whatever city or state department has the jurisdiction and complaining every single day. Here we used to (and maybe still do, I haven't heard about it for a while) a "rat line" and municipal by-law enforcement and Occupational Health & Safety were as serious as a heart-attack.
In case you are curious, our health department finally notified the coffee shop that they intend to revoke their food and beverage licence. They visited the coffee shop 5 times and chatted with the owner who repeatedly refused to require masks in violation of the mask mandate, not allow customers to wear masks in the shop is they wanted to and refused to post required notices in the workplace for workers and customers.

Apparently, this is the hill they will die on. Good riddance.

Last edited:
In case you are curious, our health department finally notified the coffee shop that they intend to revoke their food and beverage licence. They visited the coffee shop 5 times and chatted with the owner who repeatedly refused to require masks in violation of the mask mandate, not allow customers to wear masks in the shop is they wanted to and refused to post required notices in the workplace for workers and customers.

Do you know what the process in getting their license back if they can actually do that? I'd be skeptical I guess, given how many chances they gave them, that the owner would start abiding by it if they were to give the licenses back.

I think in my area they've only pulled 1 or 2 places for failure to abide by the various rules (social distancing, masks, occupancy, etc) but I haven't heard anything about it after it so not sure what the process is even my area.

Do you know what the process in getting their license back if they can actually do that? I'd be skeptical I guess, given how many chances they gave them, that the owner would start abiding by it if they were to give the licenses back.

I think in my area they've only pulled 1 or 2 places for failure to abide by the various rules (social distancing, masks, occupancy, etc) but I haven't heard anything about it after it so not sure what the process is even my area.
They have been given the opportunity to comply with the county (and now, state) orders and they will retain their licences. There is a list of things that they need to do to keep their licence but it is all of the things that they have refused to do until now. Instead, they started a Go Fund Me popcorn::.

They have been given the opportunity to comply with the county (and now, state) orders and they will retain their licences. There is a list of things that they need to do to keep their licence but it is all of the things that they have refused to do until now. Instead, they started a Go Fund Me popcorn::.
A go fund me for that? Well that just says it all 🙄

:thumbsup2 Yes - thanks for the update. And apparently, according to your second post, they are digging in for an ideological siege rather than just complying with relatively simple requirements. Do continue to keep us posted!
A whooole lotta people overthinking and overreacting. I’ll be happy when this panic ends in November.
Great - I just hope your elections are so awesomely magical pixiedust: that they end the pandemic worldwide, not just in the US. :rolleyes:

[QUO

Great - I just hope your elections are so awesomely magical pixiedust: that they end the pandemic worldwide, not just in the US. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

One can hope! It’s nuts when even potential treatments are used as a political football.

I don't understand how people can wear the mask only over their mouth. Seems more uncomfortable than wearing it the proper way. :confused:

They do it so they can breathe through their nose, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter