"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

I'm trying to get this TR finished up quickly, and luckily this time of the year is pretty empty at the office, so I have time! I also promised myself I wouldn't start on the TR from my most recent WDW trip until after I finish Day 1 of DLP!

Oh, and in other news (if you haven't noticed in my signature): I officially booked my flights to Shanghai/Hong Kong and Tokyo next year! It would have been cool if I could have scheduled that trip within 12 months of the DLP trip, so I could have officially gone to all parks in the same year, but this will have to do! I'll be going over Halloween, so I get to see each of the parks Halloween stuff and then also catch the start of the Tokyo Christmas season! I'm terrified and excited!

Part 4 – Adventure awaits

As I left off, I had pulled a BTMR FP and finished a journey around the Rivers of the Far West. I still had time before my FP, so I decided to head “next door” to Adventureland to the Indiana Jones ride.

6IYtnnW.jpg
NZMKsIR.jpg

I was planning on using my first hotel FP, but it was only a 15 minute wait so I just went standby. The wait did go up while I was in line (not my last experience with incorrect posted wait times), but it did give me an opportunity to see the queue, which is pretty cool and styled like a jungle exploration camp. It’s similar to the Indiana Jones show at Hollywood Studios or the outdoor queue portion at Disneyland, but much more extensive! I’m sure there were lots of easter eggs in there!

0pRkQ1m.jpg
fdRS85g.jpg
MClxG65.jpg
X7yXncP.jpg
lqdRQmh.jpg
veAiTIx.jpg
Fm9fQbM.jpg
YljEh5f.jpg
VMm2BOG.jpg
fMhdF4o.jpg
Zp3N7G7.jpg
VoYLZ1u.jpg
t0xTb02.jpg

The ride itself is a rollercoaster that does have a 360 loop. I knew that going in, but I think a lot of other people don’t, because you can’t really see the loop from either the queue or outside. It was a fun ride, going thru a dig site. But pretty short and a bit rough. Not worth a huge line to wait in.

1xTKqUo.jpg
q8pgJwb.jpg
84IZG3G.jpg
giphy.gif

I did make a stop at one of the merchandise stands because Lauren wanted a DLP sweatshirt to match one she has from DL and WDW, but this was the only option I could find and she decided not to go for it. I did notice a lack of “Disneyland Paris” branded clothing, though I did end up buying 2 shirts before I left.

3HPZGPy.jpg

Then it was time for my FP, so I headed back to BTMR and entered right at the time of my FP opening (note- they are pretty strict about the redemption times. I saw many people turned away for being early or late).

5zREXJf.jpg
8i7oJkN.jpg
x5GxUeD.jpg
Ig2gW5x.jpg
4ufwJUc.jpg
NMgdefF.jpg
73ILhQF.jpg

And, what did I think. Oh wow! This was AMAZING! Like, wow! Best BTMR by far! From my previous photos on my boat journey, you can tell the bulk of the ride happens on the island. First you zoom off from the loading area and go under the river! It’s fast and windy and totally dark – and totally awesome! Then the ride itself loops around and around, just so much fun! And much longer than DLR or WDW’s versions. You can get a little wet at one point when you go down near the water and there is a splash, but its nothing like Splash Mountain (more just some misting in your face). And afterwards, you again go back under the river and come out on the other side.

Here’s a POV video I found online (I took some on later rides, but they weren’t the best)

The seats actually have a divider in the center to better secure you.

0s1Hmf6.jpg

And they have ride photos, but I didn’t bother getting photopass (without roaming photographers it’s not worth it to me).

FkHClE4.jpg
c7vRZ7F.jpg

I think it was one of, if not the, favorite ride I did. The CMs were also really fun that morning, clapping and getting people to cheer. One had people do the wave as they came into the station!

Part 5 – Lunch with a Toad

I then headed into Fantasyland. It was cool to see the scenery change from Adventure to Fantasy!

w9JCtsh.jpg

I pulled another FP for Peter Pan. This would end up being the last FP I pulled all trip! DLP really doesn’t have too many rides with FPs, and with my plethora of hotel FPs, I didn’t need any more regular ones. It also just made it so much more convenient without having to schedule my time around the park - if I wanted to go on a ride, I just could! And during the 1-4 blockout window, I'd either watch shows or go on a ride that didn't have FPs (also it helped that crowds were pretty low throughout my trip).

Js0bErh.jpg
OZIqOvf.jpg

It was getting close to noon, and I was hungry (the wait times were also starting to rise), so I decided to go to Toad Hall.

P4N6zmo.jpg
jvtgPSB.jpg
QqbN4OQ.jpg
OdOYNHg.jpg
fzcXz8z.jpg

It wasn’t scheduled to open until noon (it was really 11:50), and those times are held to! So a line formed outside (once that started, I got in line too), and when they unlocked the doors, everyone filed in orderly… ha, as if! You expected people to be organized! Yeah, no. Everyone just raced for open cash registers. I was walking calmly and followed the instructions of a CM to get in a particular line (a family was in front of me). Where we waited, only to be told, oops that line won’t be opening. So despite waiting in line, myself and the people in front, were stuck at the back of one of the cash register lines. URGH! At least it wasn’t too bad of a wait, but still a bit annoying.

All they really have is fish and chips, so I went with a single fish and chips (didn’t do a meal, as that included drink and snack and I didn’t need it). It was fine. Not horrible, and it was real fish, not processed. I did see the kid’s meal versions and they did not look good at all, so I would reconsider getting any sort of kids meal there.

Menus (I made these pictures bigger in case you were curious to read them)

OMzCY1Z.jpg
RyRWmuV.jpg

And my meal

jrBU6Vb.jpg

Anyways, but the main reason I went there wasn’t for the food. Oh no. it was the theming (this would become a running idea in my food adventures). And oh boy was it themed. Just looked exactly what you’d imagine Toad Hall to look like with paintings everywhere. I found a spot in front of the fireplace and I could tell the painting was a screen, so it cycled through several versions. But really, top notch!

The entranceway and counter to order

ilukJfz.jpg
7zKBHRP.jpg
13HADvI.jpg
GXL8Ssc.jpg

This was the stand with sauces/sugar, etc

7DPeiUd.jpg

Screen painting

KEVf34f.jpg
QvhYFTr.jpg
J51avi6.jpg

Part 6 – Toad Hall, cont.

The rest of the restaurant (some people gave me strange looks for taking photos, but whatever…)

Mr. Toad’s sports/adventure room

LdC6qWE.jpg
xo2jlOP.jpg
10OedWI.jpg
vFN7Lpb.jpg
xmNEyUC.jpg
KZC2QB3.jpg
pXnnlfZ.jpg
8U1MFl4.jpg
d4wiO4d.jpg

The library

rReGnZf.jpg
pk7dDfQ.jpg
QS3TGaL.jpg
W5mFPUH.jpg
UEWvM1F.jpg
shkA8jF.jpg
MgD10So.jpg
n21qrZg.jpg
tDL7x3g.jpg
m2k7Xos.jpg

A semi-outdoor area (I think more overflow seating)

cCbO3yQ.jpg

Even the bathroom signs were themed (to Pinkie and Blue Boy which is special to me since those guys are located near my house at the Huntington Library and my mom volunteers there).

i4pfaXZ.jpg
Rb2Pnff.jpg
Rb2Pnff.jpg
AOXbGn6.jpg
FVD2yKb.jpg

Coming up: more explorations!

A BTMRR BETTER THAN DISNEYLAND'S????? What is this blasphemy? Oh, I am SOOOO there for that one. You've got me so obsessed. And Toad Hall looks fabulous. It's like eating inside the attraction. Wow, DLRP is so much cooler than I originally thought. Can't wait to read more about it! :mickeyjum

A BTMRR BETTER THAN DISNEYLAND'S????? What is this blasphemy? Oh, I am SOOOO there for that one. You've got me so obsessed. And Toad Hall looks fabulous. It's like eating inside the attraction. Wow, DLRP is so much cooler than I originally thought. Can't wait to read more about it! :mickeyjum
Oh, but it is sooo much better! This weekend John Boyega went to Disneyland Paris and did some instagram videos of himself and friends on BTMR - it was hilarious! At the end, he's like - any screaming, that didn't come from me!

These pictures crack me up!

I have heard that BTMR there is the best one. And intresting that Indiana Jones is a rollercoaster ride.
Yeah, I loved all the Mr Toad paintings! It was a fun coaster, but pretty basic and short.

Hope everyone has a great holiday tomorrow, and if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you enjoy the day off! And if you don't get a day off, I hope you enjoy your overtime pay! But if you don't get that - you may want to talk to your HR!

Part 7 – Colonel Haithi

So, during lunch, I did check out the times of other restaurants, as I know some days they get closed (like Toad Hall was going to be closed the next 2 days). I used this website: disneykindofday.blogspot.com which was pretty accurate.

uAqWQTE.png

I think I realized that Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost would be closed for the next several days (it’s normal for some places to be closed on like M-W and others R-S, etc). So I guess while I was waiting for my FP to open for PPF, I headed over there to check out that restaurant’s theming. I had checked reviews and the menu and it all looked like microwave pizza, so I wasn’t planning on eating there.

On my way over I did come across a drum circle outside Restaurant Hakuna Matata, which was fun!

8ZvT62w.jpg
Sm0YEMa.jpg

And Jafar wandered by (actually Aladdin and Jasmine came by first, but I didn’t get a photo of them). DLP seemed to have more “roaming” characters than WDW, but still not to the extent of Disneyland.

Wax9p71.jpg

And onto the restaurant (I did get some funny looks of just taking photos).

eZ3aeWO.jpg
0sRMew0.jpg
m3HnKOO.jpg
oDkMQcQ.jpg
eYJBP4C.jpg

It was sooo cool! Another top notch job for the imagineers. Just looked like a full outpost.

Lots of references to the Explorer’s Club, which unfortunately I never got to experience as it closed before my first trip to WDW.

BQnf4n0.jpg
iVHFlXv.jpg
tu8SBDz.jpg
HXBepCP.jpg
yCc1weg.jpg
CBYpPjn.jpg
6JdgwOu.jpg

With a huge tree in the center. I think the birds were animatronic?

aWsm5Z6.jpg
8SJqH5z.jpg
zAjSfiP.jpg
cT4IwZK.jpg
Yl4lLPN.jpg
9NQJj29.jpg

I loved the porch chairs and would have considered just rocking in those if I wanted a break.

eGfWkEi.jpg
3yLEDLI.jpg
EqDvA3Z.jpg
F4Akgqy.jpg

I think it’s being switched from counter service to a character meal and I probably would go if I was planning a trip back to DLP!

vSXl2jh.jpg

They had misters going nearby, and while it was warmish, it didn’t feel like those were necessary…

ZFrtuQT.jpg

Part 8: Once Upon a Time

Once I was done I was close to pirates and the app said 5 minute wait, so I thought I’d do that and made my way thru Adventureland.

hTWOBpW.jpg

Only to get there and see 45 minute, so skip for now!

q8h20LY.jpg

I still had time before my Peter Pan FP, so I decided to check out Le Pays des Contes de Fees (i.e. Fairytale Countries, I.e. their version of Storybook Land Canal Boats), which also a 5 minute. Actual was closer to 10 minutes, but not too bad. (It’s much faster loading than the Disneyland version)

ErgvTox.jpg
MZmNQbR.jpg
eFJiYOG.jpg
vAGNf1a.jpg
QtSFLJd.jpg

I loved this ride! Much smoother than the one at DLR because the boats are on a track (like small world). And you enter/exit on a rotating platform. Without a driver you don’t have annoying audio issues so can focus on the music. And they have some stories that are different than DLR. Highly recommend!

“Welcome to the enchanting world of storybook classics”

ktJn2rF.jpg
x0GQDXO.jpg
BeczJWT.jpg

Blanche-Neige et Sept Nains (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

zfthFEp.jpg
oPH4WlG.jpg

Raiponce (Rapunzel) and Hansel et Gretel (Hansel and Gretel)

WiqrmOc.jpg
RtzW0LV.jpg
2aqB0b8.jpg
mtZWMs5.jpg

La Petite Sirene (The Little Mermaid)

pIa5FFe.jpg
TWSWIeo.jpg

Le Mont Olympe (Mount Olympus - from Fantasmic)

GyqATd4.jpg

Pierre et le Loup (Peter and the Wolf)

AKp8994.jpg
9BbhrTR.jpg
bmHGF9r.jpg

Like the version at DLR, Casey Jr drives around it too.

6mHl0i5.jpg
4nYZa4p.jpg
giphy.gif

Nuit Sur Le Mont Chauve (Night on Bald Mountain – from Fantasia)

ZdGCWsh.jpg
0KBSTja.jpg
jFOIkUw.jpg
4DQ9euE.jpg

Aladdin

JCeRdXQ.jpg
DCMVoDm.jpg
ve1Qx3v.jpg
bR8qCDA.jpg

Part 9: Fantasyland continued

Les Legendes du Roi Arthur (Legends of King Arthur – Sword in the Stone)

W8eHvQf.jpg
RfWAUYK.jpg

La Belle et la Bete (Beauty and the Beast)

8Kzgeqe.jpg
ZutiOiO.jpg
XNxzgrA.jpg
fSA0HyO.jpg

Oz La Cite D’Emeraude (Wizard of Oz)

b8YH1L3.jpg
i3XP3bY.jpg
q9sEr6p.jpg

And they all lived “Happily Ever After”

EMAW03r.jpg

Next I decided to go on Casey Jr since I was there. I think about a 10 minute wait and I got put in row 1. That one is sort of similar to DLR, in that it’s a circus train and goes around the canals. But it definitely goes faster (close to a kid’s coaster speed). And all the seats face forward (not like the full cages at DLR where you get locked in), with seat bars. But I was very impressed and liked it a lot.

iMqBzzl.jpg
6ORWuYp.jpg
O9yoguh.jpg
c2T483V.jpg
9XOwSeH.jpg
giphy.gif

Coming up – even more adventures!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Nothing exciting here - just presents, dinner, etc. And I still am not that busy at work, so thought I'd get more of this TR posted!

Part 10: A Mashup of Adventure and Fantasy

I guess I STILL had time to go for my FP, so I decided to explore some more, but stick closer to Peter Pan. I wanted to check out Adventure Isle.

tk5CRGR.jpg
e2Zyjlw.jpg
cYOQxk4.jpg
s03SfhJ.jpg
lJPNohs.jpg

And get a photo of Skull Rock. Of course there was some group of guys (either Indian or Bangladeshi) who decided to have a full on photo shoot in the spots you would take a photo. And needed to do one of everyone, one of each person, one of each group. And every time they would almost be done, someone else would show up. Argh, it was so frustrating. There were a lot of people waiting to take a photo too. Anyways, finally got my photo. I love Skull Rock!

j7q8qDF.jpg
25UwAk0.jpg
kFqB0nF.jpg

And I decided to explore another restaurant, Au Chalet de la Marionette.

Wks3BAT.jpg
lNHKm8X.jpg
jv3Cr83.jpg

This one is interesting because it straddles 2 lands: fantasy and adventure. So half the restaurant is fantasyland themed (Pinocchio), and half is Adventureland (pirate outpost). But you can only enter thru fantasyland. Very similar theming towards DLR’s Pinocchio Village Haus (I haven’t been in MK’s version to eat). Lots of details and I loved the wood carvings.

6do1Q34.jpg
mq1Kfnf.jpg
JN3S070.jpg
E0FtCkV.jpg
HYaFFMQ.jpg
6LV30Qr.jpg
Ihb6CYK.jpg
tms66gT.jpg
1Ftgb1e.jpg
X7rv72g.jpg
oNmZNyC.jpg

Oh Figaro, adorable

i3aIo6e.jpg
D0gJIJS.jpg

Even the bathroom signs were adorable

LXSDH27.jpg
s9nuTW5.jpg

The Adventureland side was also so cool, nice and dark and quiet. It was a good thing I went in here when I did, as every other time I walked in, the Adventureland side was closed!

QJbtw0b.jpg
l1VyoTK.jpg
ZYBvByE.jpg
l2YxYIg.jpg
T02c1bU.jpg

This actually is the outside and I love how it looks like the pirates just cobbled together whatever they could!

ehfQdV6.jpg
RQ1LyHV.jpg

As I was walking around I did get to look at people’s food and it seemed pretty decent, so I took note as it could be an option for later in the week.

Part 11: Peter Pan & RC Racers

Anyways, now it was time for Peter Pan’s Flight. It was a bit surprising as I stepped up because I realized – the boats have 2 ROWS! Yeah, didn’t know about that one! Didn’t take any photos on-ride because of movement and darkness and all. But overall, with the exception of the 2 rows, it was pretty much the same as DLR’s version.

dDKm9x3.jpg
jqADYfL.jpg

After this I decided it was getting closer to my room being ready, so I would head back to Sequoia Lodge.

But first, I stopped back at the Studios. It was definitely busy (it was the first day of Marvel Summer of Super Heroes).

bNuJNxF.jpg
yV4e85r.jpg

But I had checked the refurb schedule and realized one ride was going to be down for the rest of my trip – RC Racers, so if I had the chance, I wanted to go on it this day. Earlier it had been broken down, but I had monitored it and saw it was back online!

llB5AWo.jpg

Definitely a long wait time, even with a single rider line. But I decided to wait it out. Thankfully it didn’t end up being quite 30 minutes (I think 30 min from entering queue to leaving ride). And with SR it really depends on the makeup of the groups. It is rows of 4 people, so you have to hope for groups of 3. The load time is also super long, since they only have one car, so have to unload everyone, then load the next group, check it all, and then run the ride. Rinse and repeat.

EtcGYSn.jpg

The queue was pretty detailed and well themed.

x7c2dba.jpg
jQn6wHk.jpg
2XSzw3Q.jpg
EDsOMvk.jpg
3yVyzad.jpg

The ride itself was fun (I believe this is the same ride as the ones in Hong Kong and Shanghai – I actually think most of the rides between the three parks are repeated; at least at DHS they did different rides, though the Alien Swirling Saucers is just Mater with different accessories). They have a briefcase size space to put bags or ears, but it’s not too big so they also have cubbies on the exit platform for backpacks (of course, being at one end means you can’t really get to the exit platform, so I had to pass my bag all across the ride to the CM to put it away). The seats also haves a harness plus belt, and I was worried it wouldn’t fit, but I sucked it in, pushed down, pulled up the belt, and click. Phew. (Though I think someone noted there is one chair at the front that is for larger people).

cIWMYDQ.jpg
giphy.gif

I did think it was hilarious how freaked out the Europeans got and how much they screamed on that ride – like literally, freaking out type of screaming, not OMG I’m having so much fun screaming. I thought it was actually relaxing and not bad at all!

So anyways, that was done, and now it was 3:30. Room keys are available at 3pm and the afternoon snack in the Golden Forest Lounge is from 4-6, so I figured it would be a good idea to head over there. I did make a stop at Starbucks to see if they had “You are here” mugs for the parks. Unfortunately they didn’t, just overall Paris. I did end up getting little mini mugs that were for Paris and France (it was a set of 2), that I figured I would attach strings to and make into ornaments to go with my other “You are here” mini starbucks mugs from US Disney parks.

s-l300.jpg

(not my photo)

On the walk back, the sun had come out and I could see more. The hotels are definitely boxy – not as well themed on outside as WDW or DLR. SL really would look better if the it was broken up with more exterior cladding details.

hdH4zJY.jpg
Uk7iZls.jpg
Erj6TKh.jpg
HZnz4od.jpg

Part 13: Golden Forest Lounge and Room Photos

Anyways, I picked up my room key, as well as fixed charging privileges on my magic pass (which hadn’t been set up properly). I did come across some belligerent British lady in the lobby who was annoyed that she had bought a Golden Forest room, which was supposed to involve no waiting for check-in, but there were only 2 desks and both were taken, so she had to wait, while the main check-in area was empty (but all her info was at GFC). Anyways, I think they got it taken care of.

Before going up to my room, I headed over to the lounge for a snack! It was very gorgeous inside there and truly themed to a “Golden forest”.

evmGgaK.jpg
dpRJT7I.jpg
iWRDmLy.jpg
bNixCB6.jpg

The snacks were pretty basic, but I liked the pear tart and the little puffs with stars (don’t know what they are called). The cookies tasted weird – stale or some strong flavoring. They had some savory sandwich bites, but they weren’t the best. I also grabbed a bottle of water and maybe a coke for the road (they make you eat all the snacks in the lounge though). (This is the only time I took photos of the food because I again, felt sort of self-conscious)

NHnGFTi.jpg
hVgElXx.jpg
f6HYQVr.jpg
1biyGgk.jpg
7uknILV.jpg
5If5cYj.jpg
FxC7idq.jpg
LYjhxPv.jpg

I then headed up to my room on the 5th floor. It was nicely decorated and they still have the bed runners at DLP, which gives a bit of color. Definitely lots of woodsy details with a focus on Bambi. I had a view out front and could see Tower of Terror from my room (more obvious at night). You can’t see Illuminations though because it has low-level fireworks only, plus the actual hotel angle doesn’t face towards the castle.

I think they have some rooms that have 1 bed, which does give a bit more space to spread out. Though my reservation officially had 4 people, so they gave me 2 beds. I basically used one bed to sleep and one to put out my next days clothes/bag/etc.

Mqv5nvl.jpg
hV6ILu9.jpg
uzu1J4v.jpg
xx3KoBa.jpg
0QToCZH.jpg
4m1W00O.jpg

Luggage was delivered after I got there (it was supposed to already be there ~5 minutes after I requested it at the front desk, but I guess they had a backlog so it took more time).

Anyways, I quickly unpacked (I knew I’d be tired that evening). And then it was back to the park!

Coming up: Stars on Parade!

Fun pictures, it looks like I am there! I really like the themes of the restaurants, so different then here.

The hotel looks cool with the forest theme, I think from your description it was walkable to the park? How nice for that!

So glad you liked Pays de Contes Fees, it's my little quiet place in the park and almost do it every trip. :) When I went to California I was just confused by the distracting CM ;)

Toad Hall to me is just a place to get fish & chips, I don't think I've ever seen the animation.

Thanks for the great shots inside Toad Hall! .... And everywhere else we didn't get to go cuz of the snow!

Fun pictures, it looks like I am there! I really like the themes of the restaurants, so different then here.

The hotel looks cool with the forest theme, I think from your description it was walkable to the park? How nice for that!
Yeah all the themes were so great!

It was walkable - about 15 minutes or so, straight thru Disney Village. Disneyland Hotel is right by the entrance, then you have Sequoia Lodge, New York Hotel, and Newport Bay Club around the little lake (which I think will eventually have a light/fountain/projection show); those would be best described as moderates (New York is slightly closer, but only by a few minutes - that is also the one that is going to shut down next year to switch to a Marvel theme). There is a bus that goes between those and the train station, but it doesn't seem to be any sort of time saver. Hotel Cheyenne and Hotel Santa Fe are more like value hotels, spread out with smaller buildings and cheaper. They are actually walking distance too, but its more like 25 minutes (so I would probably take the bus for those).

So glad you liked Pays de Contes Fees, it's my little quiet place in the park and almost do it every trip. :) When I went to California I was just confused by the distracting CM ;)

Toad Hall to me is just a place to get fish & chips, I don't think I've ever seen the animation.
I definitely preferred the Paris version over the Disneyland version! The music was a nice, calming atmosphere, not the squacking of the speaker on the boat!

Thanks for the great shots inside Toad Hall! .... And everywhere else we didn't get to go cuz of the snow!
Of course! Though my photos are pretty bad quality compared to yours! I need to get a better camera and figure out how to use it - hopefully before my Disney Asia adventure in the fall!

Part 14: Stars on Parade!

And then headed back to Disneyland as I wanted to see the parade which was scheduled to start at 5:30. There were some spots at the front of main street that were available but I wasn’t sure about that view, so I kept going down towards the Hub. And I ended up lucking out with a great spot right at the curve where they go around the hub. A mom and some kids were sitting on the curb (well behind the curb – you can’t have your feet in the street during the parade – well at least that’s the rule, but of course the second the CM walks away the people put their feet down again), so when I stood up behind them I had a free view. I also figured with the curve I’d get a photo of it coming right at me, as well as on the side. (Unfortunately the sun didn’t work in my favor so some photos were a bit backlit.)

UtV9rkQ.jpg
yIyq4b5.jpg

The parade was fun with a more jazzy song than I expected!

A full video of the parade from someone else:

Family of the day with cutie Tink as the hood ornament

Yd6Zi86.jpg
FuT6HlX.jpg

Opening float unit with dancing characters. The book on the float is supposed to go up and down and open, but it was broken and had been broken for months. Of course, they fixed it about a month after I left! Oh well…

hpTIHca.jpg
8b8qtFV.jpg
gxfZIGR.jpg
oZbc7zk.jpg
NCz7WlY.jpg
F6ufm3J.jpg

My video of the starting sequence (I think I gave up on video after that)

The Toy Story unit. The toy soldiers and cowboys did a can-can line down the street!

2UJ1koE.jpg
VaeQIZs.jpg
tnSDpRG.jpg
MMzvt8x.jpg
FAlYJWI.jpg

Lion King and Jungle Book

R7GtUp0.jpg
J1ssiP2.jpg
dfn5sv6.jpg
NsROmL3.jpg
m0ogz47.jpg

Part 15: Stars...still on Parade!

Peter Pan. I loved how the Neverland map was the base of the float!

vdZyuwW.jpg
PpwS3UM.jpg
QY2oOiE.jpg
XZGZQmb.jpg
wc4g7sP.jpg

Finding Nemo. I can’t remember if Crush talked when I was there; I know he was supposed to but was broken for a time and was repaired, but I don’t remember if that repair happened before or after my trip!

KEQ89n1.jpg
knauk9R.jpg
FsBS3dR.jpg
f19aOWL.jpg

Malificient! This was after the whole WDW incident with fire, and they hadn’t restarted the fire at DLP yet. So it was just smoke.

e2ZHpKB.jpg
VZO77z4.jpg
nzVoP2V.jpg

The princesses. Rapunzel & Flynn, Belle & Adam, and Cinderella & her Prince (does he have a name?) all got carriages, while Snow White, Ariel & Eric, Tiana & Naveen, Aurora, and the fairies walked/wheeled.

6TyZNdA.jpg
VXgKAgB.jpg
FUda0DL.jpg
MisFBNp.jpg
CscM6ro.jpg
rZSPzz6.jpg
E7NnX3Y.jpg

The Frozen unit. It was a good thing I saw the parade this day, as they took the float down for unannounced refurb the next day!

uwcr8VF.jpg
sxFmzIO.jpg
6lWcOlg.jpg
bZN2xw2.jpg

sT0IuNY.jpg

I got one of my first major negative experiences with DLP guests (there were others throughout the day but this one still sticks out to me). Once the parade started this woman behind me basically pushed her kids into sitting on the ground at the curb. The little boy in front of me had sort of inched to the side and the pushy family took any weakness and pounced. It definitely annoyed the mom in front of me because she then basically had to hold her son in her lap, and also annoyed me. And it wasn’t the last time I had more bad experiences!

Part 16: Discoveryland

After the parade I decided to check some more rides off my list. First, Buzz Lightyear, using my first Hotel Fastpass.

9nu19Vz.jpg

(Funny thing though – I totally caught the CM pocketing my hotel FP. After I got in line I happened to look back and saw him go to put the slip of paper in whatever box they use for paper FPs, but instead he sort of palmed it and stuck it in his pocket! Hey, I’m not one to complain about using FP tricks to your advantage! And knowing how much crap the CMs get from the typical guests, I don’t blame him!)

(I was going to do a running count of how many of the 20 FPs I had left, but unfortunately I lost track of when I actually used them! With the exception of the big ticket rides (Crush’s Coaster, BTMR, Peter Pan), the lines were pretty short, so I wouldn’t always use them even if I could! I ended up having a bunch leftover at the end of my trip, but I found a good use for them...)

This ride queue definitely isn’t organized, especially the merge point, despite there being a CM right there directing people. He basically just let large groups of people from each line (Fastpass and standby) go into a large area and it was up to us to figure out how to merge, which isn’t ever a good thing with pushy guests at DLP! The post-merge queue was also pretty long (longer than DLR or WDW), so in the end it was a 25 minute experience time. But it was funny listening to Buzz speaking French in the queue (he alternated French and English) – I thought I took video but forgot!

VG40S32.jpg
cnBhB9Y.jpg

The ride is pretty much identical to DLR’s version, which I like more than WDW’s version because you can pick up the guns to shoot. But I still suck at both of them, so it was a one and done for me! I am firmly stuck in the “Eclaireur Spatial” (Space Cadet) range. I’ll have to see how I do at the Asian park versions!

NB6vwes.jpg
2GMXIfA.jpg
oDp8RNZ.jpg

I headed to the back area of Discoveryland (it’s not Tomorrowland at DLP).

They have a large X-Wing on top of the building where Darth Vader meets (I don’t think they have a full launch bay, at least not anymore). In the winter DLP also has a large Star Wars celebration period, which I’d love to see one day! I also wish I had gone up to the train station platform to take a photo of the X-wing, since you can’t see the whole thing from the ground!

ltsoP9B.jpg

Since I was over there and had time before my dinner ADR, I decided to check out Star Tours. I was going to use a FP, but there was only a 15 min line so I waited so I could see C3PO speak French! He actually alternates French and English, and the arrival/departure board screens do too.

38AyE8U.jpg
V6eMyuX.jpg
nh2JKGA.jpg
HJblOu4.jpg

The ride was again, identical to the American versions, just with some of the audio in French. That’s the only time I did it, since I decided to save time for unique DLP rides.

Afterwards I checked out the shop, where I discovered they have the best Star Wars stuffed animals (in general, DLP is on-point with the stuffed animal merchandise)! I still regret not getting the storm trooper drum version, but since I had a smaller suitcase, I was worried about space constraints.

ARbxg1T.jpg
v6hf2cW.jpg
d0V4bOm.jpg
88c6fCu.jpg
ScLk1ct.jpg

I did make some pin purchases at the shop. I don’t have specific photos, so I’ll have to do a recap souvenir photo at the end.

They had the lightsaber wall and I swear the little training orb on the screen followed me as I walked around (I was the only one standing in front of it).

Cr7mauM.jpg

Part 17: Inventions

Anyways, it was about dinner time. Today I had gotten a reservation at Inventions, which is located in the Disneyland Hotel. It is buffet, but has more food variety and is more expensive than the other places on the resort. It also has character dining breakfast, lunch, dinner. Sunday brunch has special outfits to a different theme every week (like Chinese New Year or Halloween or “London”), but I didn’t get a reservation in advance, and really I probably wouldn’t have had time. I never did find out the theme for that morning (but I’m betting it was something Marvel since it was the first day of the Marvel summer festival)!

Entering thru the Disneyland Hotel lobby.

NmeG51V.jpg
e5QnD9f.jpg
tQOYd40.jpg
TYbfPPI.jpg
caE4Qqu.jpg
g3hr4Tc.jpg
DksKUyA.jpg
4L6M59f.jpg
0PzF2J4.jpg

Check-in was painless and they sat me almost immediately. I had a nice view of the castle and Hyperspace Mountain. The overall theme is inventions (surprise surprise), with lots of fun props hanging from the ceiling.

Iga3B7F.jpg
Bjjevfr.jpg
JeCCkzz.jpg
NUMHfaR.jpg
gJbER4q.jpg
BJsAn0Z.jpg
0T7AEVw.jpg

DLP has a watermelon carver and I guess he made some Marvel superheroes which were on display!

SI2EL1B.jpg
ajve5EZ.jpg
xyHv7Rx.jpg
0ASvSh0.jpg

Buffet:

Charcuterie, seafood and salads

Gj6ly4C.jpg
KuB4LaP.jpg

Meats + sides

K3hiROg.jpg
yxgQeNF.jpg

Dessert table (fruit, Floating Island (meringue in a sauce), fruit salad, various pastries and tarts, cheese, candy)

dfrJZK5.jpg
oraTg2Z.jpg
C8wPWXB.jpg
Jh0n1Cl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter