DONE! Fixed. 6 Hours Today on Hold, Back in Que, Was put back in the same que I was originally in, starting over, been doing this since 8:30 am, Day 3

I am not happy that others are experiencing difficulty, but at least I don't feel so alone! I am now at 3 hours on hold, having spoken extremely briefly to 2 cast members that spent about 3 minutes on my issue and passed me along. I am extremely nice to the cast members, because it is not their fault. But, come on, Disney, you can do better. Cut some of those extremely cushy salaries at the top and hire some more people to pick up the phone. Thanks for providing a space to vent, so I can continue to be pleasant if and when my call is answered.

I hope you can come back and say it all worked out! But, if not, please come back and vent. It helped me not jump through a window the last two days 🤣😵

They should be embarrassed! What happened to their customer service? Universal isn’t having any of these issues. I just stayed there for a week with no hassles whatsoever. Waited on hold for a billing discrepancy for less than 10 minutes. Problem resolved immediately. Also had house keeping daily which Disney can’t seem to offer anymore. Disney is just making excuses. It’s just unbelievable they can’t get it together after 2 years. Sad to watch this knowing what they used to be.

They should be embarrassed! What happened to their customer service? Universal isn’t having any of these issues. I just stayed there for a week with no hassles whatsoever. Waited on hold for a billing discrepancy for less than 10 minutes. Problem resolved immediately. Also had house keeping daily which Disney can’t seem to offer anymore. Disney is just making excuses. It’s just unbelievable they can’t get it together after 2 years. Sad to watch this knowing what they used to be.

I fully agree. There should no lo ger be any excuses for a company this large.

2 hours and 40 minutes in. I dont know how much longer I can wait. I tried yesterday and they said over 2 hours then too. The website is so slow with everything loading on it I can hardly do anything there. Not sure my question is worth the wait and would really hate for them to just say "we cant do that".

O.P., I was able to get Disney on the phone, with a reasonable wait, by calling just now around 9:45 p.m. YMMV.

BTW, the automated system told me the wait would be over 60 min. It was less than 30.

Stop booking disney vacations and spending thousands of dollars and disney will start getting the hint and you will see them stepping up to the plate! Go somewhere else on vacation, not forever but for now! People keep throwing thousands at disney, so they have no incentive to change all the problems they currently have!

I think they should at least have the common decency to make a longer music loop since they have to know people are regularly on hold for way longer than two go arounds.

Then again, I could swear Iago's song from the Tiki Room redo was on it at some point but has now disappeared, so maybe I should just be grateful the current loop doesn't have any intolerable songs.
I just wish they'd eliminate the pause at the Winnie the Pooh song. Even hours into the hold, I still get excited that the call is being picked up, only to be disappointed again.

FWIW, I called Friday night at 7:30 PM Eastern - said it would be 45 minutes, they answered in 30. I called today at 2 PM - said it would be 30 minutes and gave me the call back feature. Entered my phone number since the # the automated said was actually my reservation # and NO JOKE as SOON as I disconnected my phone rang and I was speaking to someone in under a minute.

The CM was shocked when I told her! Oddly, I had the callback feature a few weeks ago and was also called back in 15 minutes. I would swear it was the exact same lady I spoke with both times I got a call back. LOL

I just wish they'd eliminate the pause at the Winnie the Pooh song. Even hours into the hold, I still get excited that the call is being picked up, only to be disappointed again.
OMG, that was me when on hold!!

FWIW, I called Friday night at 7:30 PM Eastern - said it would be 45 minutes, they answered in 30. I called today at 2 PM - said it would be 30 minutes and gave me the call back feature. Entered my phone number since the # the automated said was actually my reservation # and NO JOKE as SOON as I disconnected my phone rang and I was speaking to someone in under a minute.

The CM was shocked when I told her! Oddly, I had the callback feature a few weeks ago and was also called back in 15 minutes. I would swear it was the exact same lady I spoke with both times I got a call back. LOL
That is great! Maybe you had the same CM and she is the only one working LOL

Stop booking disney vacations and spending thousands of dollars and disney will start getting the hint and you will see them stepping up to the plate! Go somewhere else on vacation, not forever but for now! People keep throwing thousands at disney, so they have no incentive to change all the problems they currently have!
So you are hanging around a Disney board telling people not to book vacations? Guess I’m not sure why someone would do such a thing. You really don’t thing people know what they are doing?

Disney's IT has NOT been well oiled in many, many years prior to Covid. When they fired all their US IT people and had them train their replacements, that was the beginning of the end. Also, Disney's IT recording before being placed on hold when you need to press options, is "if I have a question about FP". Yes, it is asking if I have a Fast Pass question to press a number on my phone.

Sorry, but seven hours today on hold without any resolution (even being told they cannot fix), is not acceptable for
ANY business.
Disney IT sucked way before they let all those folks go.
I can’t be the only one that was there on the day they rolled out the first version of what they call MDE

A
So you are hanging around a Disney board telling people not to book vacations? Guess I’m not sure why someone would do such a thing. You really don’t thing people know what they are doing?

After reading this thread, it sounds like they were trying to do them a favor!!

A

After reading this thread, it sounds like they were trying to do them a favor!!
Hardly. Adults do not need another adult telling them to speak with their money. Don’t like Disney and their policies, fine. Stop going. But I’m to hang around a board dedicated to people booking trips and looking for advice to just tell them they shouldn’t book is childish and belittling

trust me, I’m not condoning the phone situation. Not by any means. There’s no excuse. I’m just not for telling folks they need to vote with their money if they don’t like something. Adults know this

Hi.

Edit:

Hi. I was finally picked up from Ticket Escalations and in a matter of 3 minutes my problem was resolved.
The CM said it was a very simple request.
It should NOT have taken me three days to get this done but now I'm happy to be done with it and fixed.

Thank you all SO much for letting me vent!!!

Still waiting for someone to pick up. It's been two hours now. Not to be confused of when I waiting on hold to have someone pick up and then place me on hold for ticket escalations. Waited on hold to be picked up to find out they placed me in the same IT pick up loop, not ticket escalations. This new person that picked up didn't put me in a que for ticket escalations, said she couldn't so it's been two hours. Had a lunch meeting with my cell on and a meeting this morning with my cell on.

I leave in an hour, not sure I want to deal with this at home after 8 hours today and start again tomorrow.
Time will tell.

They put my in the que but an IT person answered, not ticket escalations.
Now she put me back in a que with a hold time of over two hours.
I specifically and kindly asked quite a few times to the last person to please make sure I was being transferred to Ticket Escalations.
I basically was picked up by IT and put back in que for IT.
OMG.

Waited about an hour for someone to pick up and I asked to be put in the que for ticket escalations.
I think I started today between 8/830 am. Now almost 12, nothing.
Hoping when they call back, which I hope rings on my phone, I can finally get this done.

Got through. Now I have to wait to get a person to then ask to be switched to someone else and wait again.
I thought I was close, but I'm back to where I was three days ago.

They just called me back but my cell didn't ring. It is literally in front of me.
I'm calling back now, OMG. So frustrating.
Can't get through. WOW

70 minutes, someone picked up and put me in a que where someone from ticket escalations will call me back
in approximately 90 minutes. We shall see.

One hour still on hold waiting for someone to pick up so they can switch me to where I need to go and wait again.

Okay, Day 3. I called Disney IT now on hold so far for 30 minutes but they are not the people I need to speak to.
I need someone to pick up and then explain my whole issue again and then ask to please be transferred to
Ticket Escalation. Today, I was smarter, I'm using my cell phone. However I have a meeting at 8:45 am and I
am actually bringing my cell phone, playing Disney music into my meeting.
Disgusting, but here I am doing it since how else will this get resolved. Not like it's a quick phone call (or even an hour).

Had to hang up. Leaving work in 10 minutes and was using my work phone. Will NOT do this at home.
Over 7+ hours on hold today without anything resolved, fixed or told cannot be fixed.

Saga, unfortunately, will continue tomorrow. Between today and yesterday 9+ hours wasted.

Update, now 2 hours on hold waiting for what I hope is Ticket Escalation.
Leaving work at 3:30 pm and will not deal with this at home. Takeaway from today, besides
how unacceptable this is, is that I use my cell phone tomorrow. I've had to ask my coworker to
come in and sit at my desk today any time I needed to use the bathroom.

Called was picked up after 3:58 hours (after the first 80 minute wait) so five hours total.
Was then moved to Ticket Escalation. Was on for a few minutes and dropped.

Called back, someone picked up up within 24 minutes, asked to immediately be sent to Ticket Escalation.
Now I've been on hold for 1:04 hours. Hoping it is Ticket Escalation. I asked to please not send me to "Just Tickets".

We shall see but I leave work at 3:30 pm and this is all on my work phone. I've had to ask the girl I work with to come in and sit at my desk while I go to the bathroom today since this has been ongoing since this morning.

3 hours and 58 minutes phone picked up. I was switched to IT who told me I needed to be switched to
Ticket Escalations with a wait time of 2 hours. OMG, as I type this, the phone said there has been an error and I'm going to be disconnected. NOW I'm disconnected. Four hours today, two yesterday and nothing.

Will try again now but I leave work at 3:30 pm.

Getting "all circuits are busy now". I've NEVER had a company do this, small or big.

3.5 hours so far.

I am currently going on three hours of being on hold. Actually over four hours on phone with Disney.

I called today and was on hold for almost 80 minutes and then when I reexplained my issue from yesterday (when I was on hold
over an hour and disconnected), I was sent to Ticketing XXX (don't remember exactly what it's called) and now I've been on hold for
2 hours and 48 minutes.

Do you think my call is in cyberspace just spinning around on the lines or do any of you actually have experience that Disney picks up
after three hours. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Thank you.
I had a four phone day recently. I also posted. It's ridiculous, or maybe just ludicrous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter