• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DONE! Fixed. 6 Hours Today on Hold, Back in Que, Was put back in the same que I was originally in, starting over, been doing this since 8:30 am, Day 3

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Edit:

Hi. I was finally picked up from Ticket Escalations and in a matter of 3 minutes my problem was resolved.
The CM said it was a very simple request.
It should NOT have taken me three days to get this done but now I'm happy to be done with it and fixed.

Thank you all SO much for letting me vent!!!

Still waiting for someone to pick up. It's been two hours now. Not to be confused of when I waiting on hold to have someone pick up and then place me on hold for ticket escalations. Waited on hold to be picked up to find out they placed me in the same IT pick up loop, not ticket escalations. This new person that picked up didn't put me in a que for ticket escalations, said she couldn't so it's been two hours. Had a lunch meeting with my cell on and a meeting this morning with my cell on.

I leave in an hour, not sure I want to deal with this at home after 8 hours today and start again tomorrow.
Time will tell.

They put my in the que but an IT person answered, not ticket escalations.
Now she put me back in a que with a hold time of over two hours.
I specifically and kindly asked quite a few times to the last person to please make sure I was being transferred to Ticket Escalations.
I basically was picked up by IT and put back in que for IT.
OMG.

Waited about an hour for someone to pick up and I asked to be put in the que for ticket escalations.
I think I started today between 8/830 am. Now almost 12, nothing.
Hoping when they call back, which I hope rings on my phone, I can finally get this done.

Got through. Now I have to wait to get a person to then ask to be switched to someone else and wait again.
I thought I was close, but I'm back to where I was three days ago.

They just called me back but my cell didn't ring. It is literally in front of me.
I'm calling back now, OMG. So frustrating.
Can't get through. WOW

70 minutes, someone picked up and put me in a que where someone from ticket escalations will call me back
in approximately 90 minutes. We shall see.

One hour still on hold waiting for someone to pick up so they can switch me to where I need to go and wait again.

Okay, Day 3. I called Disney IT now on hold so far for 30 minutes but they are not the people I need to speak to.
I need someone to pick up and then explain my whole issue again and then ask to please be transferred to
Ticket Escalation. Today, I was smarter, I'm using my cell phone. However I have a meeting at 8:45 am and I
am actually bringing my cell phone, playing Disney music into my meeting.
Disgusting, but here I am doing it since how else will this get resolved. Not like it's a quick phone call (or even an hour).

Had to hang up. Leaving work in 10 minutes and was using my work phone. Will NOT do this at home.
Over 7+ hours on hold today without anything resolved, fixed or told cannot be fixed.

Saga, unfortunately, will continue tomorrow. Between today and yesterday 9+ hours wasted.

Update, now 2 hours on hold waiting for what I hope is Ticket Escalation.
Leaving work at 3:30 pm and will not deal with this at home. Takeaway from today, besides
how unacceptable this is, is that I use my cell phone tomorrow. I've had to ask my coworker to
come in and sit at my desk today any time I needed to use the bathroom.

Called was picked up after 3:58 hours (after the first 80 minute wait) so five hours total.
Was then moved to Ticket Escalation. Was on for a few minutes and dropped.

Called back, someone picked up up within 24 minutes, asked to immediately be sent to Ticket Escalation.
Now I've been on hold for 1:04 hours. Hoping it is Ticket Escalation. I asked to please not send me to "Just Tickets".

We shall see but I leave work at 3:30 pm and this is all on my work phone. I've had to ask the girl I work with to come in and sit at my desk while I go to the bathroom today since this has been ongoing since this morning.

3 hours and 58 minutes phone picked up. I was switched to IT who told me I needed to be switched to
Ticket Escalations with a wait time of 2 hours. OMG, as I type this, the phone said there has been an error and I'm going to be disconnected. NOW I'm disconnected. Four hours today, two yesterday and nothing.

Will try again now but I leave work at 3:30 pm.

Getting "all circuits are busy now". I've NEVER had a company do this, small or big.

3.5 hours so far.

I am currently going on three hours of being on hold. Actually over four hours on phone with Disney.

I called today and was on hold for almost 80 minutes and then when I reexplained my issue from yesterday (when I was on hold
over an hour and disconnected), I was sent to Ticketing XXX (don't remember exactly what it's called) and now I've been on hold for
2 hours and 48 minutes.

Do you think my call is in cyberspace just spinning around on the lines or do any of you actually have experience that Disney picks up
after three hours. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I was on hold last night for almost 3 hours. Then we got disconnected as well. I was going to try calling back today but honestly, I don't want to spend half my day on the phone again. Hoping the wait times get better soon.

I have bene on hold today for 2 hours and 13 minutes to Disney IT (so far) about a problem with the MDE app. That was after 3 hours yesterday at which point I got dropped.

This is my 5th call over the last 3 days to try and resolve the issue and I have yet to talk to IT. I have had to drop out myself or they dropped me the previous 4 times. A total of 8 hours on hold this week.

I have no idea what is happening.

Last edited:
Oh boy!
So sorry...for all of us LOL However, I'm happy that I'm not alone and this is indeed happening.
This should not be. It's like a company that was a mom and pop store that got too big too quickly and cannot keep up, but it's not.
So bad.

I was on hold this morning - trying to make a payment on my resort reservation. Call was dropped and “sent to the survey” after 45 minutes. Of course, there IS no access to the actual survey, it just refers me to the website. They probably got tired of all the negative feedback and shut it off. That was promptly at 12:00 noon. Now for every number I call, “all circuits are busy right now, please try again later.” :sad2: I am beginning to wonder if every so often they deliberately drop a bunch of calls to reduce their volume.

WHAT COMPANY DOES THIS??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM???

How hard can it be to take a simple payment? It used to be easy peasy either online or through the automated phone system. Now they can’t even provide that simple functionality that every other company under the sun has. Instead they make it like pulling teeth to give them your money. Grrrr!

Sigh. Sorry for the rant. But it felt good to get that off my chest, lol! Best of luck to everyone trying to get through. We’re in this together!

I was on hold this morning - trying to make a payment on my resort reservation. Call was dropped and “sent to the survey” after 45 minutes. Of course, there IS no access to the actual survey, it just refers me to the website. They probably got tired of all the negative feedback and shut it off. That was promptly at 12:00 noon. Now for every number I call, “all circuits are busy right now, please try again later.” :sad2: I am beginning to wonder if every so often they deliberately drop a bunch of calls to reduce their volume.

WHAT COMPANY DOES THIS??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM???

How hard can it be to take a simple payment? It used to be easy peasy either online or through the automated phone system. Now they can’t even provide that simple functionality that every other company under the sun has. Instead they make it like pulling teeth to give them your money. Grrrr!

Sigh. Sorry for the rant. But it felt good to get that off my chest, lol! Best of luck to everyone trying to get through. We’re in this together!
OMG you cannot even give your money away!

Going on 3 hours and 30 minutes for me now. Disgusting.

I finally got thru to an actual IT human being after 3 hours today and about 9 hours in total this week over 5 calls. The person was able to resolve my IT issue after a bit of work.

While this was very frustrating to me, and to all of you also on hold, I am trying to be patient with businesses and the economy. The many disruptions to "normal" are likely to go on for awhile yet. I appreciate businesses who are trying hard to work thru issues of labor shortages, supply chain issues and public health issues. Things are still tough. If Disney (and other businesses) are still having trouble like this by this time next year I will start to complain more directly.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Last edited:

On Monday I was on for 5 hours and 30 mins. Needed to change my tickets that I bought in 2020. First place had to send me to ticket services then ticket services quoted me the new price which I didn't even get a chance to respond to and she said, I think 'escalation' can do better than that. Sent me there. Escalation could not do better (GRRR) but thankfully my friend with exact same tickets went through the process an hour before me. I was able to share her confirmation number because "escalation" could do better for her. 45 minutes on hold for that while they figured our why she could get a better deal and after assuring me they would NOT match it, they came back sheepishly and DID match it. $65 a ticket cheaper. Was infuriating.

I am in no way making any excuse for these wait times. I'm terrified to call about anything lately. The 'all circuits are busy' error, however, it not Disney, it's phone companies (I spose 'net companies now, feels weird calling anyone a 'phone company'). Lines are overloaded and calls don't even make it to the destination. If you have an auto re-dial function on your phone, that's a great time to use it. Eventually you'll trickle through, even if that means it's into the black hole that is the Disney portion. :( It makes me sad everytime I read about hold times.

Nobody should have to speak to a company IT department EVER. Especially not to plan a vacation. It is not and should not ever be a customer or consumer facing department. It is an internal one.

I was on hold 3 hours over 3 separate calls before I finally got IT to call me back. They could not fix my problem and told me to ignore it.

I finally got thru to an actual IT human being after 3 hours today and about 9 hours in total this week over 5 calls. The person was able to resolve my IT issue after a bit of work.

While this was very frustrating to me, and to all of you also on hold, I am trying to be patient with businesses and the economy. The many disruptions to "normal" are likely to go on for ahwile yet. I appreciate businesses who are trying hard to work thru issues of labor shortages, supply chain issues an public health issues. Things are still tough. If Disney (and other businesses) are still having trouble like this by this time next year I will start to complain more directly.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Sorry, I am understanding and speak to people A LOT on the phone for work, but Covid is not an excuse for a company in 2022 like Disney. I am not accepting that as an excuse.

My call was just picked up after 42 minutes. I asked to please just be sent to the Ticket Escalation department.
My wait time is close to two hours. I'll be leaving work by that time but I asked to be transferred and see what happens, AGAIN.

Nobody should have to speak to a company IT department EVER. Especially not to plan a vacation. It is not and should not ever be a customer or consumer facing department. It is an internal one.

I was on hold 3 hours over 3 separate calls before I finally got IT to call me back. They could not fix my problem and told me to ignore it.

100% correct! How many people shop on Amazon. Do we EVER have to call their IT department.
This is truly unacceptable for a company like Disney but here I am day two, with almost 7 hours on the phone
today with them so far and not a problem answered or helped yet.

Sorry, I am understanding and speak to people A LOT on the phone for work, but Covid is not an excuse for a company in 2022 like Disney. I am not accepting that as an excuse.

My call was just picked up after 42 minutes. I asked to please just be sent to the Ticket Escalation department.
My wait time is close to two hours. I'll be leaving work by that time but I asked to be transferred and see what happens, AGAIN.
Like many companies, Disney had to let go of a lot of people and/or furlough them. The parks are not normal from what I have read. They are understaffed. It took decades for Disney to build the well oiled machine that existed prior to COVID. A lot of companies are experiencing labor shortages.

Your frustration is understandable. I realize they are still charging top dollar and should be providing a top dollar experience. You can choose for yourself if you want to say they have no excuse. For me I am choosing to not be as frustrated as I would in normal times. As I said, I will expect more next year. For now I am choosing extra patience as we have all had a rough couple years.

I sincerely hope you can get through and get your issue resolved as quickly as possible.

This is insane! I am glad you got your issue resolved.
We need to call just to add room requests for our split stays. We will need 3 rooms and would love to put a request to be near one another. Does anyone know if you can do this on the Chat feature or do I need to call and be on hold for hours?

This is insane! I am glad you got your issue resolved.
We need to call just to add room requests for our split stays. We will need 3 rooms and would love to put a request to be near one another. Does anyone know if you can do this on the Chat feature or do I need to call and be on hold for hours?

Thank you but NOOOOO, my issue is not resolved.
I had to be transferred to Ticket Escalation. Was then on hold a minute and a recording came on and dropped me.
Back on hold now for 1:01.44

Like many companies, Disney had to let go of a lot of people and/or furlough them. The parks are not normal from what I have read. They are understaffed. It took decades for Disney to build the well oiled machine that existed prior to COVID. A lot of companies are experiencing labor shortages.

Your frustration is understandable. I realize they are still charging top dollar and should be providing a top dollar experience. You can choose for yourself if you want to say they have no excuse. For me I am choosing to not be as frustrated as I would in normal times. As I said, I will expect more next year. For now I am choosing extra patience as we have all had a rough couple years.

I sincerely hope you can get through and get your issue resolved as quickly as possible.

I cannot be so understanding with Disney for a problem to be fixed that should be able to be done online (when that works).
You should NEVER have to speak to a company's IT. Millions of people order off of Amazon, if a problem, NEVER would speak to IT? How many companies have problems that need to be taken care of with IT, it is always customer service.

Would you be so understanding with a mom and pop store and Amazon? I am not angry or upset at you, I am frustrated that no one should have to defend Disney with day two of hold times of over 8 hours (I am including mine from yesterday) without speaking to a person that can help fix a problem.

Thank you but NOOOOO, my issue is not resolved.
I had to be transferred to Ticket Escalation. Was then on hold a minute and a recording came on and dropped me.
Back on hold now for 1:01.44
Oh no!! I'm so sorry.
I was on hold for 4 hours back in May to get a ticket situation fixed. It was the 3rd call about the same thing and finally got it resolved the 3rd time and probably 6 hours on hold total.

Unfortunately...in addition to the usual extremely busy phone lines (which I agree is over the top anyway)... anyone calling today for routine stuff is likely impacted by those calling due to the masking change announced yesterday. For everyone thinking it's good, there's probably someone else who wants to cancel because of it. The few days after an announcement is always worse on the phones. If the matter can wait a couple of days to let any uproar from the announcement die down, that might be easier.

It took decades for Disney to build the well oiled machine that existed prior to COVID.

Nope, Disney’s IT especially has NOT been a well oiled machine for years. Disney chose to open up apparently to full capacity without the staff to service customers. They also chose to bring on a totally new lightening lane system instead of concentrating on actual customer service areas. Right now, all their resources should be directed to customer service. Instead of devoting IT time to Lightening Lane, they should have been working on things like online payments. There are posts almost daily on the restaurant board from people who can’t make ADRs on their 60 day mark, because of IT issues. And that was the case before Covid too.

Nope, Disney hasn’t been a well oiled machine in years.

Nope, Disney’s IT especially has NOT been a well oiled machine for years. Disney chose to open up apparently to full capacity without the staff to service customers. They also chose to bring on a totally new lightening lane system instead of concentrating on actual customer service areas. Right now, all their resources should be directed to customer service. Instead of devoting IT time to Lightening Lane, they should have been working on things like online payments. There are posts almost daily on the restaurant board from people who can’t make ADRs on their 60 day mark, because of IT issues. And that was the case before Covid too.

Nope, Disney hasn’t been a well oiled machine in years.
Well, I disagree. I never waited on hold this long before COVID. I did have issues with their MDE app back then and was able to get things resolved in a much shorter time. I know they had issues bringing online their whole new MDE up to speed. That was bumpy for them. Most new things are.

My reference to being well oiled was the whole enterprise of what they did at their parks and resorts. They had enough staff. They had training programs for people. They handled tens of thousands of people every day in hotels, parks, dining, etc. And did it quite well. They provided good customer service which I experienced personally and they were recognized by industry sources as being at the top of the game on customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter