donation "toy" 12 yr old girl

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
signed up through my daughter's school. I chose an 11 year old boy who wants battleship (thats what I wanted at that age!!) and a 12 year old girl that wants "nail polish set". For those who know 12 yr old girls (my teen is not girlie and I wasnt either!) should I get something like this OPI 12 color set I saw on amazon
Right? Not something like the nail jewels or something? Sounds like she just wants polish?

In the past CVS has run a Black Friday promo that included a nail polish gift set. I think it was OPI and had 6 or 8 different colors. Best part it was only 99 cents. With a savings like that you could get her a few other gifts.

signed up through my daughter's school. I chose an 11 year old boy who wants battleship (thats what I wanted at that age!!) and a 12 year old girl that wants "nail polish set". For those who know 12 yr old girls (my teen is not girlie and I wasnt either!) should I get something like this OPI 12 color set I saw on amazon
Right? Not something like the nail jewels or something? Sounds like she just wants polish?

Yes, I would buy her an "adult" quality set - when my daughter was 12, she wanted adult quality nail tools/polish and picked out her items for a wish list for me, so I didn't flail (since I don't wear makeup nor do my nails in any real way)...

Thanks all!!!!! Really appreciate it. I dont think I can make CVS black friday shopping (working 12 hours that day) but I think I will order that OPI set from Target!

I took a few tags off the tree at my local bank and I'm stumped. One of the tags says 14 year old boy. Any ideas??

Hmmm, no hints or ideas on the tag?

I'd probably grab a collectible card game set (like Magic the Gathering), a graphic novel, a "difficult" board game (like Gloomhaven or Settlers of Catan), or a tech item (like noise-canceling headphones for a PC)...I'm surprised they didn't have an "interest", so you knew whether to go sports or gaming or lego, etc...

I took a few tags off the tree at my local bank and I'm stumped. One of the tags says 14 year old boy. Any ideas??

well looking at the list of wishes some of the 14 yr old boys asked for headphone and legos.

I actually really like that I am doing one which is a wish list. It really helps so that I can buy what I know they want. Most fun I have had in months!

Ok. I went ahead and signed up for another kid! 11 yr old girl asking for art supplies. thinking sketchbooks, nice pencils ?

Ok. I went ahead and signed up for another kid! 11 yr old girl asking for art supplies. thinking sketchbooks, nice pencils ?

Sketch book, pack of canvases, paints, pencils, charcoals. I want to say I think last year Hobby Lobby had some really nice sets for sale that weren't too bad. And if you have a few weeks, you can watch the sales for them to go 40-50% off.

Sounds like she just wants polish?
Sounds like she's realistic. Sounds like she knows that if she asks for a bunch of expensive stuff, she won't get any of it, whereas nail polish is reasonably priced. Sounds like she asked for her #1 item.
Maybe add some nail polish remover and cotton balls, too.
Yes, this could make a nice little themed gift.
Hmmm, no hints or ideas on the tag?

I'd probably grab a collectible card game set (like Magic the Gathering), a graphic novel, a "difficult" board game (like Gloomhaven or Settlers of Catan), or a tech item (like noise-canceling headphones for a PC)...I'm surprised they didn't have an "interest", so you knew whether to go sports or gaming or lego, etc...
No suggestions? Yikes, that's tough.

I'd LOVE all those things, as would my 20-something kids -- but I teach kids that age, and most of them would not be into those things at all. I have a couple board games in my classroom that're adapted to go with units of study, and I'm amazed every year that over 50% of my students don't know how to play board games. Don't know how. Blows my mind.
Card games are better known -- Uno being the one most seem to know. I want the Monopoly card game myself.
Graphic novels have blown up in popularity over the last years -- that's the best idea in this group, but you don't know what the kid might already have.
You don't know a size, do you? My students universally love hoodies. Maybe guess medium /get it from Walmart /include the receipt and a note saying, "Feel free to exchange for a different size". Not the greatest idea.
Socks are a safe bet, but they can't be the main event.
Snacks are a sure bet with teenagers, but -- again -- not the main event.
Teenaged boys love ball caps.
Movie tickets could be a winner.
100% of my students have cell phones, and near 100% have Air-pods (or knock-offs). The Beats phase is over.

I usually buy toys to donate during the Christmas season and since I don't know the ages of the kids getting the toys or what their living/family situation is like, I try to get a lot of things that they can do by themselves in case they don't have anyone to play a board or card game with. I like to get lots of Hot Wheels cars as they're cheap but can be given out to multiple kids as a little add-on to their other gifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter