Dolphinaris in Cozumel

readytogotodisney

DIS Veteran
Tell me about it please? I've booked it through DCL for the swim for my 6 yr old and DH, my DD (2.5 yr old) and I will be doing the observation.

I was thinking about booking directly through Dolphinaris instead of DCL. Pros and Cons of that?
Getting from the port there on our own? easy or not worth the savings?

Any help is appreciated, we leave in 2 weeks!

I did a different tour at Dolphinaris, and booked through Disney so I didn't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time as much as I would have if I booked on my own. The price savings for booking on my own would have saved me the price of a few pictures, but I would have needed my own transportation to Dolphinaris.
Just wanted to give you a heads up that they don't go in order for the different activities with the dolphin, so people may do the ride, kiss, and handshake in a different order even if they were standing next to each other. You may also want to warn your 6 year old that the ride will involve her getting salt water splashed in her face.
Did you book with Disney? If you want to keep that option open, you may want to do it, then you can cancel just before the three day mark if you choose to book independently.

Good point about the splashing... I think he'd be okay with that. I did go ahead an book with DCL so atleast I've got something. But the times were all later and if I booked through Dolphinaris then I could get an earlier time.

I did it with my daughter a few years ago and she loved it. My husband took our 2 teens on an off road adventure, so it was just her and I. I felt very safe and I am glad I booked through Disney. I was able to take some amazing photos of her too (another parent that was there alone stood with them while I took the photos). It was a great experience!!!312698_10151170748990924_1998210775_n.jpg 487030_10151170749195924_15147265_n.jpg 558973_10151170749595924_1392156276_n.jpg

We did this last year. My then 6 year old loved it - his friend was scared of the dolphins so you have to know your kid. But it is a pool and there is a platform they can stand on. We were very comfortable. We saved a TON of money by booking directly. The cost of the direct booking was substantially below the Disney cost and it included photographs (which the Disney package did not). And they were selling those pictures for over $100! We got CDs with all the pictures we wanted and saved several hundred dollars.

We had hired a private van for an island tour so we just had him drop us off there at our end time and we cabbed back. It is literally 5 minutes from the ship. I felt like if something went crazy wrong and there was no transportation we could have walked back if we had to. But there are normally cabs waiting and if there aren't Dolphinaris will call one for you.

This is one excursion that I think you can easily book directly with Dolphinarus and save some money. It is also actually very close to port, you can easily walk there leisurely in about 15 minutes max.

I've been there, seating was easy to reach and you could walk as they went station to station(bring sunscreen) it's difficult to speak with your party, but they can be seen, so although you will not arrive at the same time you will find them. They can't hear you in most places where you're standing/sitting it's hard for them to see you in the crowd.
I would take a cab and pay a walk-up price. It should work out best financially and time wise as it will save you the wait time after and before.
I think a cab is a great choice.

Good point about the splashing... I think he'd be okay with that. I did go ahead an book with DCL so atleast I've got something. But the times were all later and if I booked through Dolphinaris then I could get an earlier time.
I just thought that if he was prepared for it, then it wouldn't be as bad as if he got a face full of salt water unexpectedly. If the earlier times are available on your own, you won't have to worry very much about getting back on time, just keep an eye on a watch if you do extra shopping or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter